The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171341 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5040 on: March 25, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
In my opinion, it's not about the guns, it's about the culture and lack of proper regulation and mental health care. It breeds crazies with gun worship.

The increase in violence in the media is largely from nobodies wanting to be somebodies. I think all the dramatic showings of these events only encourages it. I say we should report "There was a shooting in [location], X people died, Y people injured" and leave it at that. No documentation of the shooters and their personal lives, just let the filth fade. But of course that will never happen. The news likes to play up this shit for ratings, and the populace eats it up and gives the criminals what they want.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:41:23 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #5041 on: March 25, 2016, 05:48:44 PM »
Let's stop talking about guns, the conversation really just proves my point and it triggers me.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5042 on: March 25, 2016, 05:52:20 PM »
Let's stop talking about guns, the conversation really just proves my point and it triggers me.

I see your pun and agree; it can get a little divisive.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #5043 on: March 25, 2016, 05:53:43 PM »
I wasn't making a **censor** pun. I feel like I'm going to cry.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5044 on: March 25, 2016, 05:56:42 PM »
Please, let's calm down and move on.

On topic: I lost a good number of prizes in a game due to a glitch. ._.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #5045 on: March 25, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »
The world is too PC and overly sensitive. Can't discuss real issues without someone saying triggered and belittling the actual meaning of that term. God, it makes me legit mad. Like just... stop trying to baby proof the world.

As for the gun thing the problem seems obvious. Background and psychological checks required to own weapons, then crazy people who shouldn't own weapons don't own weapons. Don't see why anyone would be against that. I mean, sure, a little inconvenient but I'm pretty sure less death is worth it.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5046 on: March 25, 2016, 05:58:02 PM »
Wow we should make drugs illegal to. If somebody in that theater in colorado would have had a gun they could have shot that idiot and went back to watching the dark knight rises

I grew up with guns in the house loaded sitting on te table and we never got hurt. Never even had an accident cause we were smarter than morons today. Hell I have a pistol sitting on my coffee loaded with a round in the chamber, been that way for a long time and it hasnt killed anybody
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #5047 on: March 25, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Guys, I get this is a hot issue here, but it's best to move on and get back on topic. At least make a new thread for it, please.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5048 on: March 25, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »
In my opinion, it's not about the guns, it's about the culture and lack of proper regulation and mental health care. It breeds crazies with gun worship.

The increase in violence in the media is largely from nobodies wanting to be somebodies. I think all the dramatic showings of these events only encourages it. I say we should report "There was a shooting in [location], X people died, Y people injured" and leave it at that. No documentation of the shooters and their personal lives, just let the filth fade. But of course that will never happen. The news likes to play up this shit for ratings, and the populace eats it up and gives the criminals what they want.
The media is always searching for drama and viewers, guns,racissm. brings ratings therefore money media is corrupt

The world is too PC and overly sensitive. Can't discuss real issues without someone saying triggered and belittling the actual meaning of that term. God, it makes me legit mad. Like just... stop trying to baby proof the world.

As for the gun thing the problem seems obvious. Background and psychological checks required to own weapons, then crazy people who shouldn't own weapons don't own weapons. Don't see why anyone would be against that. I mean, sure, a little inconvenient but I'm pretty sure less death is worth it.
an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

And as one last comment forgive me here ,but. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:06:43 PM by Ambre »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5049 on: March 25, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »
In case we missed it a mod said knock it off
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #5050 on: March 25, 2016, 06:35:59 PM »
Ah, it's about that time. Time to make an everyday rant.

>insert rant here<

As far as the bill that got passed in NC (I agree with it honestly) :

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:39:46 PM by 138 »

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5051 on: March 25, 2016, 07:01:42 PM »
Completely unrelated to this thread and forum, but I find it annoying when you're trying to discuss a topic with someone on the internet and they completely misinterpret what you are trying to say. Like, assuming I'm saying the complete opposite or what they expect me to say if I'm on a different side than them(i.e. straw manning). It's like, I'm trying to debate or discuss this topic with you but you are refusing to even try.

On a less serious, different topic I really dislike the bus system in my city. At least in the mornings, it's always at least 20 minutes late and I end up having to wait in the freezing cold. I had to start waking up an hour earlier so I could take an earlier bus so I wouldn't be late for my classes :p
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:15:19 PM by ★Amethyst★ »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5052 on: March 25, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
That's annoying.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Jennifer Ambrosia

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Species: Vaalsark
« Reply #5053 on: March 25, 2016, 07:57:16 PM »
legit vent:

i can't get my school work done cuz my yellow lab keeps whining cuz he wants to play so bad.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5054 on: March 25, 2016, 08:34:24 PM »
Okay, rant time:

I've been missing the charger to my tablet for the longest time. Usually I just use my brother's but he's at a party and my tablet is dead. I really need it to charge and now my phone is dying.

WHERE'S THE CHARGER!?
Oh woof