The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171214 times)

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5025 on: March 25, 2016, 04:00:21 AM »
Somebody said something that made me butt hurt. I was offended to the point I had to cry. Why cant people be more sensitive. I thought he was my friend but he said things I disagreed with. Im so screwed up right now
Your post sums up about 99% of the rant posts I've read up here.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #5026 on: March 25, 2016, 04:14:33 AM »
My mom probably has Munchhausen's syndrome and goes to the ER almost daily, she shows up to my apartment complex unannounced and expects me to let her stay overnight when my lease physically won't let me have more than one person staying in my apartment with me. She got pissed off at me and then told her mother who also yelled at me over the phone. My grandmother has had three **censor** strokes, she repeats herself like a broken record. So I basically had a shit night at the time and I won't talk to my grandmother now because she'll just continue to yell at me for the same shit for a half hour or more.

Then my girlfriend who has a severe hormonal problem, and thus grows a beard was constantly referred to as 'he' even when I explained the situation. Her and I had to walk my mom back to the emergency room so she would have a place to be safe and warm while she waits for the 5:30am bus. Honestly, my mom does this a lot knowing she has no way to get home and just expects me to do shit for her at the drop of a hat just because she's my mom.

My mom had the nerve to say she was never coming back to my apartment after all this. Because I didn't keep my "promise" the promise was limited to if it was only me at the apartment. I told her even before this that I had someone moving in with me and would have nowhere for her to sleep. She went ahead and did what she wanted anyways. My mom is honestly the most entitled brat I've ever seen and even called me rude.

If I kept her here for just one night, and there are cameras in this building they would see me taking in another person, my landlord would think I'm taking in another person permanently and I could risk becoming homeless because of her. But all she cares about is her damn self. The walk there was alright, but its about a fifteen minute walk just one way; my legs started to suffer frostbite on the way back and I still haven't fully warmed up. Its been at least 45 minutes now.

Plus on top of all this I'm currently going hungry. I have one jar of peanut butter and oatmeal packets to survive off of until the first of the month. Luckily my girlfriend's friend bought us dinner for tonight. I'm under such stress that its causing my other personality to leak into my own and its becoming a little hard to hold my mental state together.

Its just like
I moved out to get away from my mom and these problems. But it turns out a 20 **censor** mile move apparently wasn't enough to get away from my mom and her bullshit. How much farther do I have to move to get away from her? I know my mom is having a rough time because the family dog recently died, but when she does shit like this I have no mercy on her. She's interfering with my ability to live and grow as a person and get my own life together.

I don't want to lose this apartment, I worked so hard to get here and so hard to get out from the situation I was in. I won't lose it because she's selfish and doesn't understand.

Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #5027 on: March 25, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »
I don't know if I'd call it a mistake, but I decided to post ideas of my book on Spriters Resource, and while I have been getting some good advice for the most part, I'm getting a lot of "make the story about HUMANS" comments. I'm at the breaking point with these comments, and I'm putting my foot down on that suggestion, but I'm worried if I explain WHY I don't want to write about humans, I'll be hated for it since most people aren't as open minded when it comes to misanthropy. ...But I'm worried I'll piss them off if I just ignore the suggestion. I don't know what to do.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5028 on: March 25, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »
It's your book, you shouldn't take their criticism so hard. But at some level you should listen because they are your audience. My suggestion would be to make it so they can't tell a difference between anthros and humans. Give your furries in depth personalities that make them seem human.
Oh woof

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
« Reply #5029 on: March 25, 2016, 02:43:35 PM »
It's your book, you shouldn't take their criticism so hard. But at some level you should listen because they are your audience. My suggestion would be to make it so they can't tell a difference between anthros and humans. Give your furries in depth personalities that make them seem human.

I plan on taking their critisism with an open mind, but changing them to humans I just will not do. Anything else, however, I'm open to. And yes, they did give me some good advice I plan to follow.

I don't want to make it so the characters species are completely unknown. If I do that, then I can't describe the characters. But I do plan on giving them human emotions, personalities, andI plan on fleshing them out well.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5030 on: March 25, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »
That's good. And the worst case scenario is that you don't appeal to a certain group. But I know us furries will love it.
Oh woof

Offline Jennifer Ambrosia

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Vaalsark
« Reply #5031 on: March 25, 2016, 02:59:32 PM »
found a feral i really liked, she was smart and sweet. then when things get serious i find out she was sexting another guy and dating him too.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #5032 on: March 25, 2016, 03:09:36 PM »
I'm sorry to those who live in NC, but the bill they just passed is so **censor** ridiculous.

Also, I'm tired of seeing people with such a misanthropic attitude. Yeah, people suck, we get it. But there are some really extraordinary people out there, and bitching about the people who aren't all that great doesn't automatically make them disappear. If you don't need those kinds of people in your life, just quietly remove yourself from them as best as you can, but eventually you have to accept the fact that stupid people are everywhere and you're just going to have to learn how to deal with them.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5033 on: March 25, 2016, 03:22:08 PM »
Tiny Rant:

My tooth hurts, the last time I was at the dentist they told me a flap of skin was covering a cavity. I brushed it and it feels better now. But the brushing hurt, and it's probably too late.
Oh woof

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #5034 on: March 25, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »
It's sickening how gun-savvy America is.
Naturally the one thing I fear the most took over the world.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #5035 on: March 25, 2016, 04:26:58 PM »

gotta think of it this way. what scares a bad guy with a gun, a good guy with a gun.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • Meep!
    • Awards
« Reply #5036 on: March 25, 2016, 04:36:35 PM »

That makes more than one of us. Guns are slowly destroying America.

I'm sorry to those who live in NC, but the bill they just passed is so **censor** ridiculous.

Also, I'm tired of seeing people with such a misanthropic attitude. Yeah, people suck, we get it. But there are some really extraordinary people out there, and bitching about the people who aren't all that great doesn't automatically make them disappear. If you don't need those kinds of people in your life, just quietly remove yourself from them as best as you can, but eventually you have to accept the fact that stupid people are everywhere and you're just going to have to learn how to deal with them.

The problem is, yes, good humans exist, but at the same time it's the actions of bad people that make the most impact. I don't get why people hate misanthropy so much, when I feel a lot of misanthropes have a good reason for mistrusting their species.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5037 on: March 25, 2016, 04:37:45 PM »

gotta think of it this way. what scares a bad guy with a gun, a good guy with a gun.

That's sort of like just throwing rocks at someone who's throwing rocks at you instead of trying to actually solve the problem in the first place.

Post Merge: March 25, 2016, 04:42:27 PM
The problem is, yes, good humans exist, but at the same time it's the actions of bad people that make the most impact. I don't get why people hate misanthropy so much, when I feel a lot of misanthropes have a good reason for mistrusting their species.

I disagree a bit. The actions of good people can have just as big of an impact as bad ones. Why wouldn't they? Though it's all subjective I suppose. I personally find disliking a whole group of people in general because of a few bad seeds to be silly at best, a**holish at worst(not saying you are of course). Mistrusting and thinking negatively about people doesn't sound like a fun way to go through life, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:42:27 PM by ★Amethyst★, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #5038 on: March 25, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
i think I'm getting a sore throat :(

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #5039 on: March 25, 2016, 05:10:31 PM »

"That's sort of like just throwing rocks at someone who's throwing rocks at you instead of trying to actually solve the problem in the first place."

guns aren't the problem, a criminal won't follow the rules if all guns are banned, they'd get them elseware. a criminal who can't get guns from American stores will just resort to the black market and wind up using foreign weapons. then you have to consider that the ppl behind the gun is the real problem bc the gun isn't the issue, it's the way you use the weapon. a criminal won't care if america bans guns, all they'd see is that their biggest threat, a responsible gun owner won't stand in the way anymore. the flaw with the thought track that all guns are bad is that what protects this country? soldiers with guns. what protects you on the home front? cops with guns. what protects you when the cops are unable to assist? a responsible gun owner.

EDIT:
when it comes down to it, if you were robbed at gun point.. what would 911 do for you... my point is a few stupid people who abuse a weapon should not make ppl freak out thinking all gun owners are terrorists. in my opinion, if your life was at stake what would u rather do? wait the twenty average minutes it takes for police to arrive or would u rather 'nip it in the bud'. a thug won't mess with a person if that person is a responsible gun owner with a handgun or shotgun aimed at him. i read an article about a young woman who was about to be raped in college, what happened?

the woman was concealed carry, when the man forced himself on her the woman drew her weapon and aimed at the rapist. she then dialed 911. that woman could have been violated if she hadn't been carrying a weapon. forgive me for sounding blunt but, you missed every single point as to why guns HELP citizens.

to finalize my point, what will stop a thug trying to harm you, a level headed gun owner who knows right and wrong.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:24:44 PM by Raven Fukai 雪風 »