The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171269 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4965 on: March 20, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »
In school I was never able to dye my hair blue or red, only "natural" colors.
What is so wrong with unnatural dyes? Whenever the school admins saw someone break the dress code, they justified it with "it's a distraction".

It is not my job to keep people on task. Dyed hair doesn't disrupt class, it's not illegal, and it's my hair so I can do whatever I want with it.

The same thing can be applied to actual dress. Obviously I wouldn't wear a shirt that exposes everything on my chest, but what's wrong with leggings? Unless whenever you bend down, the leggings thin and show your underwear, they're fine. Denim leggings, or "jeggings" are still leggings, so why can't I wear the fabric ones? Again, it's not my job to keep guys from looking at, like, my shoulder. Yoga pants never hurt anyone.

I understand that my school is trying to prepare us for the professional world, but not everyone is going into a white-collar job. I'm going to work at a zoo or a sanctuary, so I just need to wear something that's light, comfortable and covering. Some people plan to work from home, like my boyfriend, and of course you're not going to wear a polo and khakis on the battlefield.
True even the new landwarrior system  is comfortable sure you may have to wear a camo outfit and armor but i bet their a little more comfortable than some other clothing oh and get this WOMEN WEAR THE SAME OUTFIT! :OOOOOO I swear schools are such... umm.. elitist? can't eve make your own 3d map of your school in a game without gettign suspended despite the fact that making an accurate map of such building ALONe is an achivment in itself, sigh how the world has changed, I'll tell you what's distracting.... the teachers telling the one person who broke the dress code to leave the classroom i didn't notice it till then thanks for showing me it NOW i'm distracted, where did that person go , Why? oh by the way thanks again for distracting ME
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4966 on: March 20, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »
I spent four hours writing a big post, accidentally clicked outside the textbox and hit backspace, went back a page and lost everything.

WELL THEN.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4967 on: March 20, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »
I spent four hours writing a big post, accidentally clicked outside the textbox and hit backspace, went back a page and lost everything.

WELL THEN.
  Waaa waa waaaaaaa. I hate it when that happens.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #4968 on: March 20, 2016, 03:19:59 PM »
My parents were watching a movie last night during supper, and about two or three minutes into the movie, my dad shut it off. From what little I saw, it started out quite slow and, I'll admit, it looked kinda stupid from what I saw, but at the same time it felt like my parents didn't really give the movie a chance. I don't know why, it kind of bothers me. I mean, if I see cringe-worthy comedy early on like in a lot of spoof movies (like Kung Pow or any of the Blank Movie movies) then I'll turn it off right away, as that gives me a really good idea of what the movie's like. The moment I see the main villain is misanthropic, or the movie has the usual "humans are the absolute good" type story, I'll basically say "We're done here," and stop watching. But in the end, I usually stick around longer than two or three minutes. Also, this movie had none of those.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4969 on: March 20, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »
I have the worst feeling that I lost a friend last night....

Kalan if you're reading this I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. You're my friend, please try to forgive me. I feel horrible now.
Oh woof

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #4970 on: March 20, 2016, 09:22:26 PM »
I really hate it when I finally open up to someone about a serious problem and they just tell me to "suck it up".
I know that I'm not starving or in poverty, I get pretty much anything I want because my parents trust me to be responsible, as long as it's reasonable and I show the work for it, but that doesn't make my problems invalid.
At least I'm trying to do something about it and not just whining on the internet about how much "my leif sux". Because my life isn't extremely awful, but it's not sunshine and rainbows either.
You're my best friend, step off of your high horse because you're not doing anyone any favors.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:40:07 PM by Epilogue »

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Regi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
« Reply #4971 on: March 20, 2016, 10:15:52 PM »
I really hate it when I finally open up to someone about a serious problem and they just tell me to "suck it up".
I know that I'm not starving or in poverty, I get pretty much anything I want as long as it's reasonable and I show the work for it, but that doesn't make my problems invalid.
At least I'm trying to do something about it and not just whining on the internet about how much "my leif sux". Because my life isn't extremely awful, but it's not sunshine and rainbows either.
You're my best friend, step off of your high horse because you're not doing anyone any favors.

You're right, you shouldn't feel like your feelings and problems are invalid. Friends should support each other no matter the size or situation of the problem. It's really cool that you are trying to fix it as well! Support always helps too and your friend needs to understand it. Everyone can be sad, we are all human. I've had this problem in the past too with 'friends'. The best thing to do is get toxic people out of your life. If you know the vibe is bad, let em' go. I know that sounds harsh and you maybe don't want to, but why have someone that's just going to put you down even more. I hope you find a friend that can support you, but most importantly you can support each other!

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4972 on: March 20, 2016, 10:38:28 PM »
This discerns good friends, and well, not as good friends. Im very altruistic to a healthy barrier, and sometimes It costs me alot of time, but it's always worth it.

OT: I feel lonley.
wired as right now

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4973 on: March 20, 2016, 10:41:14 PM »
Thanks guys, you're right, I'm kicking them off my good list.

I feel lonely too. =/

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
« Reply #4974 on: March 20, 2016, 10:49:16 PM »
Loneliness is a "normal" thing for us as a species, but there are exceptions and what not. If anyone needs an ear to talk to I'm offering it.

It severely grinds my gears when people tell me that I shouldn't give up on love when I tell them I am aromantic and romance is severely repulsive to the point of sickening me.
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4975 on: March 20, 2016, 11:21:37 PM »
Thanks guys, you're right, I'm kicking them off my good list.

I feel lonely too. =/
Let's talk sometime then.
wired as right now

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4976 on: March 20, 2016, 11:48:04 PM »
I know that I'm not starving or in poverty, I get pretty much anything I want as long as it's reasonable and I show the work for it, but that doesn't make my problems invalid.

You're right, you shouldn't feel like your feelings and problems are invalid. Friends should support each other no matter the size or situation of the problem. It's really cool that you are trying to fix it as well! Support always helps too and your friend needs to understand it. Everyone can be sad, we are all human. I've had this problem in the past too with 'friends'. The best thing to do is get toxic people out of your life. If you know the vibe is bad, let em' go. I know that sounds harsh and you maybe don't want to, but why have someone that's just going to put you down even more. I hope you find a friend that can support you, but most importantly you can support each other!
On another note I wish and hope that relations with your parents and your boyfriend and his parents gets better, sounds like one of those old blasted Romeo and Juliet scenes...

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4977 on: March 21, 2016, 01:30:00 AM »
[size=0px]On another note I wish and hope that relations with your parents and your boyfriend and his parents gets better, sounds like one of those old blasted Romeo and Juliet scenes...[/size]

Our parents get along fine together, they just don't want us dating because of religious crap (my family is Catholic, his is Protestant), as well as a few other things.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #4978 on: March 21, 2016, 02:14:31 AM »
[size=0px]On another note I wish and hope that relations with your parents and your boyfriend and his parents gets better, sounds like one of those old blasted Romeo and Juliet scenes...[/size]

Our parents get along fine together, they just don't want us dating because of religious crap (my family is Catholic, his is Protestant), as well as a few other things.

That's so...100 years ago :p But when I think about it, differing ideological views in regards to among other things, religion, is why I decided to just be friends with my first boyfriend instead. My current boyfriend's family is catholic I think, though he's kind of the black sheep(not in a bad/ostracized way, just in lifestyle). Like literally, since he's a black/heavy metalhead X3
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:21:22 AM by ★Amethyst★ »

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4979 on: March 21, 2016, 02:19:40 AM »
I know. At least I'm not in an arranged marriage or something... THAT would be a joke.
But people take religion so seriously, and I just have to ask why. But that's a question for another time.
But what's funny is that neither me or my boyfriend are religious, and like I said it's not only that... but it's kind of personal. Really personal.