The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171348 times)

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4785 on: March 05, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »
Poor Sila... you've had a rough life haven't you?
Oh woof

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #4786 on: March 05, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »
I have food, running water, Wi-Fi, and a roof over my head. I can't say I should complain.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #4787 on: March 05, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »
Sure you have all of that now. But that doesn't change the fact that you've been through quite a lot. At least you're doing well now. That's the important thing.
Oh woof

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #4788 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:52 PM »
Going to be completely honest, people who are therian/otherkin annoy me.

I don't consider myself therian because, while I do believe that people can take on the spirits of animals and vice versa, it's a personal spiritual belief than anything else. It's in my religion. And I believe that people who exploit those ideas because they think they're "cool" or "different" without actually learning the meaning and where those ideas come from, are scum.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #4789 on: March 05, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »

I don't consider myself therian because, while I do believe that people can take on the spirits of animals and vice versa, it's a personal spiritual belief than anything else. It's in my religion. And I believe that people who exploit those ideas because they think they're "cool" or "different" without actually learning the meaning and where those ideas come from, are scum.

So according to this post, you're the only person who's allowed to have these beliefs, and everyone else with them are "scum"?

I guess that says everything we need to know about you.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #4790 on: March 05, 2016, 06:52:15 PM »
I've run out of cheeseburgers. It is a disaster!
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
« Reply #4791 on: March 05, 2016, 06:53:34 PM »

So according to this post, you're the only person who's allowed to have these beliefs, and everyone else with them are "scum"?

That's not what she said.

OT: I dislike people who argue without thinking twice about what they're saying. Maybe try understanding the other's point of view before replying.
She said that a specific type of person annoys her, then went on to say that she thinks of herself as one but other people who do it are "scum". The first line is problem enough, then pretending to "justify" it by saying she's somehow better?

@Grey: Do you at least have burritos? :o

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #4792 on: March 05, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »

OT: I dislike people who argue without thinking twice about what they're saying. Maybe try understanding the other's point of view before replying.
She said that a specific type of person annoys her, then went on to say that she thinks of herself as one but other people who do it are "scum". The first line is problem enough, then pretending to "justify" it by saying she's somehow better?
First: You have every right in the world to be annoyed at a certain kind of people. It's not a judgment about them. I am annoyed by overly sensitive people, which does not mean they are bad people. It's a personal opinion which you can't deny anyone.
Second: She never actually said that no one other than her can be "therian" or "otherkin" or whatever. She said that the idea at the heart of these believs lays in the ancient spiritual practices of her people (and not only them, to be entirely honest). It has deep spiritual, historical and anthropologic roots. And whoever does not know them or ignores them, instead pursuing such a belief or "lifestyle" only because he think it's cool or fashionable, is scum. Which is true. If you adhere to a belief without knowing where it comes from you're either shallow or ignorant.

See, Silaluk never actually said that therians or otherkin people are ALWAYS scum. Only those that do not know the deeper meaning and roots of their belief.
But what if they're not part of the same religion as her? What if they simply feel like they'd be more comfortable as a different animal?

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #4793 on: March 05, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »
Why are you all arguing about it?

Scum was probably too strong of a word, but arguing over it isn't going to make me take back what I said. Just drop the matter, I wasn't picking a fight.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #4794 on: March 05, 2016, 07:08:38 PM »

First: You have every right in the world to be annoyed at a certain kind of people. It's not a judgment about them. I am annoyed by overly sensitive people, which does not mean they are bad people. It's a personal opinion which you can't deny anyone.
Second: She never actually said that no one other than her can be "therian" or "otherkin" or whatever. She said that the idea at the heart of these believs lays in the ancient spiritual practices of her people (and not only them, to be entirely honest). It has deep spiritual, historical and anthropologic roots. And whoever does not know them or ignores them, instead pursuing such a belief or "lifestyle" only because he think it's cool or fashionable, is scum. Which is true. If you adhere to a belief without knowing where it comes from you're either shallow or ignorant.

See, Silaluk never actually said that therians or otherkin people are ALWAYS scum. Only those that do not know the deeper meaning and roots of their belief.
But what if they're not part of the same religion as her? What if they simply feel like they'd be more comfortable as a different animal?
You're looking at it the wrong way. You don't have to be part of any religion to be therian or otherkin. Mostly because traditional native american beliefs are more diverse spiritual practices rather than religions in the western meaning of the word. But you have to know about and, hopefully, understand the roots of the belief.

That last part is where I disagree. It's too absolute and exclusive. It implies the only type of otherkin is Native American spirituality. There's a huge difference between wanting a different body and believing you're spiritually connected to a different animal. That's why Therian and 0therkin are even different words.

@Sila: Because it came across as rude, and someone I care deeply about is otherkin but not religious.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #4795 on: March 05, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »
@Sila: Because it came across as rude, and someone I care deeply about is otherkin but not religious.

Then take your drama somewhere else, fighting isn't tolerated on this thread anyway.
I don't care if it was rude, I can and will vent about whatever the hell I want. I wasn't personally attacking anyone here.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:12:14 PM by Silaluk »

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #4796 on: March 05, 2016, 07:12:29 PM »
I was gonna say something similar. Anyways, I need to get a new battery charger. My brother pinches them and when they resurface they're always busted.

He's a goon.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #4797 on: March 05, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »
Reposting for awareness:

2edgy4me

Also why is the text so tiny?

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
« Reply #4798 on: March 05, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »
I'm gonna put that in my signature.

OT: People who never pronounce my name(s) right even after telling them how to do it.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #4799 on: March 05, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »
Guys guys, please don't fight.
Oh woof