The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171233 times)

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4305 on: December 11, 2015, 01:45:45 PM »
Where is the point where you get professional help?
wired as right now

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4306 on: December 11, 2015, 01:52:20 PM »
I would say whenever you feel like you really need it. Finding someone who can help is a very good choice in my opinion.
Oh woof

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4307 on: December 11, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »
Don't bother someone who doesn't get paid for it. To relive your suffereing, to blankly listen to your problems, and try to not think about it to much, let it fade away,
Friends keep it inside them. It infects them. I can't allow that.
wired as right now

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #4308 on: December 11, 2015, 02:12:43 PM »
I would rather know what's bothering a friend, and be able to try help them, than to know my friend is in distress, and not even know why.

I have often shouldered others problems, and knowing they are slightly happier because of it is one of the best feelings I have ever felt.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #4309 on: December 11, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »
I bought a game on steam as a birthday gift for someone.
They accepted it, but today when I spoke to them they were all "You shouldn't do stuff like that, now you're just going to stress me out because now I have to get you something for christmas"

If this really upset their balance of the universe or whatever so badly I had to be loudly scolded for it, then there's this nice big "Decline" button there for them to click on, so that I could've given the game to someone else who might have actually appreciated it.

"Let no good deed go unpunished"
I implore you to not see that as your friend being an asshole. I do this. I don't mind getting gifts, gifts are nice but it also makes me really paranoid I don't get my friends any gifts. Makes me wonder if that makes me a bad friend or if I'm supposed to. Causes me to worry if other friends see the acceptance of gifts as just mooching. Then because I state such things out loud I worry that people start to think it's my way of trying to excuse ungratefulness.

Basically, it sucks to get nice things from people you care abut and feel like this anyway, don't make them feel like an asshole for it.

I mean unless there are other factors as to why they are an asshole. In which case, full steam ahead.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #4310 on: December 11, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
They accepted it, but today when I spoke to them they were all "You shouldn't do stuff like that, now you're just going to stress me out because now I have to get you something for christmas"

If this really upset their balance of the universe or whatever so badly I had to be loudly scolded for it, then there's this nice big "Decline" button there for them to click on, so that I could've given the game to someone else who might have actually appreciated it.

I implore you to not see that as your friend being an asshole. I do this. I don't mind getting gifts, gifts are nice but it also makes me really paranoid I don't get my friends any gifts. Makes me wonder if that makes me a bad friend or if I'm supposed to. Causes me to worry if other friends see the acceptance of gifts as just mooching. Then because I state such things out loud I worry that people start to think it's my way of trying to excuse ungratefulness.

Basically, it sucks to get nice things from people you care abut and feel like this anyway, don't make them feel like an asshole for it.

I mean unless there are other factors as to why they are an asshole. In which case, full steam ahead.

If I get someone a gift, Its a gift. If you see it as something more, thats your problem. I am just trying to be nice. Note I also do not give gifts often, so if you recieve one, its because I view you as enough of a friend that sharing something with you is a reward unto itself.
Something in return is also nice. But not required, otherwise its a transaction, not a gift.

Also, i think its the volume of the response Cheza is angry about, not the basic sentiment.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:03:00 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #4311 on: December 11, 2015, 07:16:03 PM »
Terrible, crappy day at work today. Just about everything that could piss me off in my job, happened.  The worst thing is that this trend is going to continue next Monday and Tuesday, possibly Wednesday  too.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #4312 on: December 11, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

If I get someone a gift, Its a gift. If you see it as something more, thats your problem. I am just trying to be nice. Note I also do not give gifts often, so if you recieve one, its because I view you as enough of a friend that sharing something with you is a reward unto itself.
Something in return is also nice. But not required, otherwise its a transaction, not a gift.

Also, i think its the volume of the response Cheza is angry about, not the basic sentiment.

I'm with Angder on this one. I don't give gifts often, and when I do, it's because I want to try to be nice. (In this case, the guy should know that too, which only further adds to my frustration. I'm mostly annoyed because of how every single thing I try to do for him gets twisted and turned into something negative I should be scolded for.)
If I get something in return, I'd much rather have it be "because they felt like it" rather than "they felt like they had to"
It's not supposed to be a trade, but just something small to hopefully brighten up a persons day a little.

*Rustles papers and goes back to ranting about that guy. Because of stirred up memories and feels I'd rather not bottle up again*

Our whole relationship has been really icy for years. We get along well enough, but it's got to be him who initiates contact or else stuff like this happens. (If I try to start talking to him no matter how long it's been since our last conversation I usually get yelled at for being clingy/annoying/whatever else he feels is wrong at the time. If -he- contacts me, on the other hand, everything's sunshine and rainbows and he might even consider stopping by for a visit.)
Lately it had finally started to seem like things were starting to thaw up enough for us to have a more normal and natural friendship again, so I decided to try giving him a small birthday gift. Nothing too big or amazing, but with some thought put into it.
Which clearly didn't go over well with him, and now I've apparently managed to ruin his life for the 9001th time.

In truth, I've tried cutting the ties with this guy multiple times, but he always start guilt-tripping me and luring me back with false promises of him becoming a better person and that he'll stop taking me for granted like this. Or then he just start to plain out insulting me/complaining that I'm being rude, "dramatical" and insensitive. Which is kinda funny since we hardly ever talk anyway but also annoying since I'd rather not deal with stuff like that. In short, it's easier to just add him back.

He wants to keep me around for some reason, but everything's got to be according to how he wants it, and me not sticking to that clearly causes his whole world to crumble.

Spoiler for just me letting it all out once and for all for one final time. Pretty much just whining and largely irrelevant to this current mess, but I don't want to bottle it up anymore:
I've known this guy for about 4 years. We were dating for about the first two years and cohabitating for about half of that relationship, and during that time he went from being a sweet nice guy into some sort of abusive Gollum-ish monster.
I'd never accuse someone for being a "bad person" without a good reason for it, and in this case, I -most certainly- do have them, although I guess a lot of them are because of my own stupidity and I brought much of it upon myself.

During the end times of our relationship I bought him a partial fursuit as a Christmas/birthday gift. Once it arrived he admitted he was only together with me so that I'd be sure to let him have it once it arrived (which meant he stuck around for about a month or two longer than he'd have wanted to). Funnily enough, a gift like -that- didn't make him feel oblidged to get me anything but severe depression and heartbreak. (He had planned to break up after Christmas eve/my birthday, but he "couldn't stand me anymore". So he just nabbed the suit and left.)
And since he knew I was devastated because of all this, he used it to his advantage and got me to do tons of stuff I'm now regretting, by making false promises that "He could still change", and me being the brainwashed little idiot I was just took the bait every single time.

He's abused me mentally, sexually and physically multiple times, and a lot of the things still haunts me today. If I want to call him a bad person, I feel like that's way within my right at this point. And maybe also a little too kind..

Why am I still friends with this guy again? I honestly don't know anymore. I used to hope we could be normal friends again since he's the only "friend" I have in the area. Without him (which I technically pretty much already am as it is anyway) I'm completely alone in a town I don't know, and where I know noone. I guess the wounds are too deep, and that I should just accept and cut the ties no matter the consequences. I don't need people like that in my life, and people like that don't deserve me in theirs.

And that's about it.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #4313 on: December 11, 2015, 11:02:39 PM »
Sounds like you should just not be his friend.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #4314 on: December 12, 2015, 03:09:38 AM »
I would rather know what's bothering a friend, and be able to try help them, than to know my friend is in distress, and not even know why.

I have often shouldered others problems, and knowing they are slightly happier because of it is one of the best feelings I have ever felt.

I used to talk to my friends about what was bothering me but after talking to someone recently I ve come to the realization that its better to let it eat you than to tell others and drag them down into it
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4315 on: December 12, 2015, 03:16:32 AM »
It shouldn't matter if their your friend. A true friend would go with you, through all of the troubles and darkness to help you fight your battles. That's what I would do.
Oh woof

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #4316 on: December 12, 2015, 04:06:06 AM »
It shouldn't matter if their your friend. A true friend would go with you, through all of the troubles and darkness to help you fight your battles. That's what I would do.
Sounds like you should just not be his friend.
Both of these work together. A real friend wouldn't be a total jerk like that--so there's no reason for you to try to be his. I know it's hard  to let go when you used to like someone, but it'd really be for the best if you can avoid the harassment.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #4317 on: December 12, 2015, 04:27:21 AM »
I wish I could talk about myself more, but I have such a hard time reaching out. It gets frustrating.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #4318 on: December 12, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »
I have the most painful headache I've ever head. My god its like, pulsing in the front of my head and between my eyes. I turned on the light........oh dear god that hurt
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Peanut B. Rawket

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Strike the earth!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A FREAKIN CAT
  • Coloring: Black kitty fur, ice-blue kitty eyes, pink kitty tongue/ears/nose ect.
  • Height: 5' 8''
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Hello yes I am cat
« Reply #4319 on: December 12, 2015, 05:59:52 PM »
Wish my parents wouldn't take out their frustrations on me. That'd be kinda nice.

<REMOVED>
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:33:23 AM by anoni »
I think peanut butter is pretty cool.