The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171345 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3525 on: July 17, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »
My boyfriend had a really violent seizure and he was hospitalized... thankfully, he was discharged recently. But, he's still in a lot of pain and i feel really bad for not being there with him...

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #3526 on: July 17, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
If you have a good reason for not being able to visit him,  then you shouldn't feel bad.  The most important thing is that you know he's okay.
Oh woof

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #3527 on: July 18, 2015, 12:02:16 AM »
I could, if my parents would let me. They dont exactly approve of our relationship... not because he's a guy, but because he's a bit... older. He's 22, and I'm 16...

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #3528 on: July 18, 2015, 12:28:53 AM »
Once ya turn 18, as long as you're in a relationship with someone 18 or older, no one'll so much as bat an eyelash
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #3529 on: July 18, 2015, 01:12:28 AM »
TODAY WAS **censor** TUBULAR.

Working from 8:00 to 1:30 (after midnight) as a security guard at a medium-popular "international" open-air event for trucks with 33°C temperature and cloudless sky just rocks.

Tl;Dr: Some people are jerks, thinking that security is responsible for organisation staff's mess and unavailability.

First thing to point out: we are 3rd party company.
Second: I was assigned to west technical gate. Me and my colleague were responsible for letting in only technical staff's and cleared vehicles plus we normally let in people on foot with already bought tickets.
Third: there are only two types of documents we accepted: tickets (everyone, with no exceptions, multiple clearance levels) and car passes (permanent or one-hour).

Multiple times, there were people coming to us without the documents. Most of them had no problems going along with our instructions, but some others tried to be nice or to start a argument, just to get through "quicker". Arguing about them not having clearance usually took them more time than going back to the ticket office. They generally blamed us for it. "How do you don't know that we are allowed?" and such or for not informing them about the need of documents.
One of them even thought that we are making jokes of him and threatened us by recording the conversation with them and reporting it to the police. Cops laughed him off.

Big part of exhibitors kept using hooters, most of the time during evening. People could have lose hearing - that loud it was. Event rules prohibited that. After some time I decided to go on a patrol, explaining to people to stop. Most of those say they didn't saw the rules, let alone read.
That also caused a fight between the exhibitors (no. 1 reason of cops arrival). After the cops' arrival and interrogation of everyone involved, they said that they reported everything and haven't done shit. Why? Because within state law this event is not classed as mass event, so everything has to be done by staff (even we, security, can't do much). And what staff did? NOTHING, because they don't know what to do with them.

THIS IS A MESS.

You can read about this event here:
http://www.nto.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140719/POWIAT01/140719488 (from previous year edition)
http://www.nto.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20150717/POWIAT01/150719596
http://opole.gazeta.pl/opole/1,35114,18382685,master-truck-2015-najwieksza-taka-impreza-we-wschodniej-europie.html
http://40ton.net/zapisy-na-zlot-master-truck-2015-jak-gdzie-kiedy-zglosic-ciezarowke-udzialu-w-opolskiej-imprezie/
http://40ton.net/master-truck-2015-pelny-program-imprezy-ktora-juz-w-dniach-17-19-lipca-odbedzie-sie-pod-opolem/
Google News
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:40:02 AM by Obey138 (Fluffy) »

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3530 on: July 18, 2015, 01:55:35 AM »
You sound like you have to deal with a lot of idiots.  I couldn't stand that,  kudos to you for not strangling someone today.
Oh woof

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3531 on: July 18, 2015, 06:42:32 AM »
God im such an idiot, I wanna just curl up into a ball and cry until I dissappear.
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
« Reply #3532 on: July 18, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
edited original post
Big part of exhibitors kept using hooters, most of the time during evening. People could have lose hearing - that loud it was. Event rules prohibited that. After some time I decided to go on a patrol, explaining to people to stop. Most of those say they didn't saw the rules, let alone read.
That also caused a fight between the exhibitors (no. 1 reason of cops arrival). After the cops' arrival and interrogation of everyone involved, they said that they reported everything and haven't done shit. Why? Because within state law this event is not classed as mass event, so everything has to be done by staff (even we, security, can't do much). And what staff did? NOTHING, because they don't know what to do with them.

THIS IS A MESS.

You can read about this event here:
http://www.nto.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140719/POWIAT01/140719488 (from previous year edition)
http://www.nto.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20150717/POWIAT01/150719596
http://opole.gazeta.pl/opole/1,35114,18382685,master-truck-2015-najwieksza-taka-impreza-we-wschodniej-europie.html
http://40ton.net/zapisy-na-zlot-master-truck-2015-jak-gdzie-kiedy-zglosic-ciezarowke-udzialu-w-opolskiej-imprezie/
http://40ton.net/master-truck-2015-pelny-program-imprezy-ktora-juz-w-dniach-17-19-lipca-odbedzie-sie-pod-opolem/
Google News

Post Merge: July 18, 2015, 11:34:34 AM
Also, right now I'm regenerating my life forces to at 17:00 go to T-Love concert
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:34:34 AM by Obey138 (Fluffy), Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3533 on: July 18, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »
I hate Xbox. I finally set it back up to play some good exclusives I hadn't in a while (Halo, Halo, etc.) and the FPS is so slow I can barely play. Didn't realize how much difference it made until I had to go back. I also can't load up large maps or campaign missions because it "Failed to load content". It's vanilla content, that shouldn't have any problems! The thing crashes when I navigate menus too fast, and the voice feature is so broken I couldn't even say good night to Grey because we wasted so much time trying to make the stupid things work.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:37:33 PM by BillyBobJoeGeorge »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #3534 on: July 19, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »
The whole me hurts so much and my vision keeps going from fine to blurry all the time. I'm all out of things to eat and would have to try and drag myself over to the store, but I don't feel like I'd make it. So the other option is to order a pizza and have it delivered here.
Thing is that I could eat for a week for the same price as one pizza, even with my coke addiction taken into account. I really wouldn't be able to afford this so I feel awful for even considering it.

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3535 on: July 20, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »
I hate Xbox. I finally set it back up to play some good exclusives I hadn't in a while (Halo, Halo, etc.) and the FPS is so slow I can barely play. Didn't realize how much difference it made until I had to go back. I also can't load up large maps or campaign missions because it "Failed to load content". It's vanilla content, that shouldn't have any problems! The thing crashes when I navigate menus too fast, and the voice feature is so broken I couldn't even say good night to Grey because we wasted so much time trying to make the stupid things work.
Screw the warranty and open the casing. It might be full of dust.

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #3536 on: July 20, 2015, 01:36:04 AM »

Solid advice worst comes to worst you have to get a new one but Obey is most likely right
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3537 on: July 20, 2015, 03:43:49 PM »
Never really had to fix a broken game system, but once upon a time I had a PlayStation 2 that got red screen.
Oh woof

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I am not affraid to preach the Gospel
  • Species: Wolvenix
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 7'7''
  • Weight: 250kgs
  • Build: heavily muscled
  • Currently: feelin blessed
« Reply #3538 on: July 20, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
oh G.... if this keeps up im going to have to smash the router....
  • Avatar by: the artist is uncle noob
It takes a real man to call sin by its real name
-Unknown

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #3539 on: July 20, 2015, 05:30:31 PM »
Just blow a buncha canned air into it, that may help.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade