The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171250 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3000 on: March 27, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
Some people do not deserve to be parents. Nor do they deserve to breathe.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #3001 on: March 27, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »
I've had it with everything.

I leave all that I own to my cat Guppy.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #3002 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
Failed my permit test. Again.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #3003 on: March 28, 2015, 01:20:04 AM »
My original wacom tablet stopped working, and about a couple years ago my mate gifted me a new one.

SEEMS IT'S ALREADY STARTING TO CRAP OUT. Just when I'm trying to get back into the drawing thing again! FFFFFffffff...!

Guess I'll be stuck with traditional drawing for a while. There's nothing wrong with that, of course; I've been meaning to do so anyway, but this is a useful, somewhat expensive piece of technology that's starting to have issues before I could do a whole lot with it. :I

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3004 on: March 28, 2015, 11:03:10 PM »
TF2 just ripped me off and ate 7$. Steam properly authorized the transaction, but once it got to TF2 it didn't work correctly.

EDIT: YEY IT G0T BETTER
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:01:16 AM by BillyBobJoeGeorge »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #3005 on: March 29, 2015, 03:04:25 AM »
Misanthropy is something I don't think I can ever accept. To me, it feels as bad as homophobia and trans*phobia, because it runs on similar philosophies. Detesting an entire group of people (or in this case, all of them) just because something convinced you of a falsehood about them. Humanity has made their fair share of mistakes... but if it were dogs, cats, bugs, fish or whatever that had progressed instead of humans, they would have had to learn what to and what not to do just like humans are having to.

Saying that life like that of humanity deserves to go extinct is a horrible notion. Of course, I'll probably never change the minds of anyone who harbors this "hate/dislike" of humanity. Just like nobody will convince me that an entire anything deserves to die out just because they have to learn as they grow. Humanity is growing just like any one human might: one day, the race will reach a healthy mindset and we will fix/overcome the mistakes of our past as we grow and progress. But getting the sheer amount of people on at least a similar page will take time. It won't happen in this lifetime, or even the next, but instead of bouncing around saying "WE'RE DOOMING THE PLANET WE NEED TO DIE," get up and do something to fix it. And if you say "oh, I'm just one person though... It won't matter, we'll never fix it..."

Then you're just another one of the reasons it seems like nothing is being done to preserve it. (As much as there are plenty of people trying to help it. Guess having groups and movements several thousand strong is "nobody.")
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:09:04 AM by Nick Sintari »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3006 on: March 29, 2015, 04:23:46 AM »
(Not a rant more of a response so I apologise in advance. ^ It's great that there are people like you, there need to be more saying and thinking this kind of stuff. This is coming from me, a general cynic, I dislike society and have all but given up on humanity as a whole. Oh just thought of a way to make this on topic!)

I absolutely hate that people assume because I hate society and have no hope for humanity as a whole that I can't like people or have hope for the individual. I am very optimistic on the personal, individual level, just not on the group mentality level especially not in as large a scale as all of humanity.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3007 on: March 29, 2015, 06:32:43 AM »
Its been a long time since i had a dream that woke me up skaking and short of breath. God this suck no more sleeping tonight
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3008 on: March 29, 2015, 08:03:55 AM »
Misread assignment spec, have to do it all again 2 days before it's due.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #3009 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
Its not my fault I haven't been able to leave my house. You should try taking some responsibility for this relationship too. Stop pinning everything on me.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3010 on: March 30, 2015, 01:01:08 AM »
Misanthropy is something I don't think I can ever accept. To me, it feels as bad as homophobia and trans*phobia, because it runs on similar philosophies. Detesting an entire group of people (or in this case, all of them) just because something convinced you of a falsehood about them. Humanity has made their fair share of mistakes... but if it were dogs, cats, bugs, fish or whatever that had progressed instead of humans, they would have had to learn what to and what not to do just like humans are having to.

Saying that life like that of humanity deserves to go extinct is a horrible notion. Of course, I'll probably never change the minds of anyone who harbors this "hate/dislike" of humanity. Just like nobody will convince me that an entire anything deserves to die out just because they have to learn as they grow. Humanity is growing just like any one human might: one day, the race will reach a healthy mindset and we will fix/overcome the mistakes of our past as we grow and progress. But getting the sheer amount of people on at least a similar page will take time. It won't happen in this lifetime, or even the next, but instead of bouncing around saying "WE'RE DOOMING THE PLANET WE NEED TO DIE," get up and do something to fix it. And if you say "oh, I'm just one person though... It won't matter, we'll never fix it..."

Then you're just another one of the reasons it seems like nothing is being done to preserve it. (As much as there are plenty of people trying to help it. Guess having groups and movements several thousand strong is "nobody.")

THANK Y0U. I'm tired of black-and-white philosophy that says "worship humans or hate them". I actually think humans are pretty cool, even if they're not my favourite species.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3011 on: March 30, 2015, 01:14:19 AM »
I hate black and white-ism when it comes to morals and stuff. Everyone is either good or bad, in reality nearly no one is either of those two things, the two hardly exist. Just labels created by the religious and the judgmental if you ask me. Sure you can argue with examples like dictators but in their minds they are doing all they can to strive for something better for their people and stuff like that.

Post Merge: March 30, 2015, 02:42:46 AM
I hate how nervous I am. I get the confidence to do something then I do it and I'm just sitting here waiting to hear what someone thinks when I should be proud of myself for just finally doing the darn thing.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:42:46 AM by Grovygrunge, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #3012 on: March 30, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »
Misanthropy is something I don't think I can ever accept. To me, it feels as bad as homophobia and trans*phobia, because it runs on similar philosophies.

Saying that life like that of humanity deserves to go extinct is a horrible notion.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but just for the record I do not wish for my species to go extinct, just that I wish we would learn from some of our grave mistakes instead of trying to justify them and stop screaming "MISANTHROPIC" every time someone makes a statement that doesn't favor humans. And no, I don't hate ALL humans, but I still consider myself misanthropic. I think misanthropy is a lot deeper and usually more restrained than homophobia or other things. It's complicated and there's already pretty much a topic about this.

Anyway, yesterday I watched Disney's Dinosaurs, and it reminded me of the time I saw Walking With Dinosaurs the movie, and I can't help but compare the two.

I mean, Disney's Dinosaurs has an art style that's not terribly realistic, nor terribly cutesy. It appeals to children without turning off adults too much. The dialogue, feel and story is kid friendly and has it's cute moments, but is mature enough that it's watchable for older viewers.

Walking with Dinosaurs, on the other hand, has highly detailed and realistic graphics which may look pretty, but don't really appeal to kids. To make matters worse, it's combined with a gut-wrenching infantile plot, voice acting and dialogue that is nearly unwatchable for older views, resulting in an overall bad movie.

...Walking with Dinosaurs kind of makes me shudder just thinking about it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:50:49 PM by BennyBunnycorn »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #3013 on: March 30, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »
Misanthropy is something I don't think I can ever accept. To me, it feels as bad as homophobia and trans*phobia, because it runs on similar philosophies.

Saying that life like that of humanity deserves to go extinct is a horrible notion.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but just for the record I do not wish for my species to go extinct, just that I wish we would learn from some of our grave mistakes instead of trying to justify them and stop screaming "MISANTHROPIC" every time someone makes a statement that doesn't favor humans. And no, I don't hate ALL humans, but I still consider myself misanthropic. I think misanthropy is a lot deeper and usually more restrained than homophobia or other things. It's complicated and there's already pretty much a topic about this.

Benny, I wasn't jabbing at you or your opinion with that. At all. And I don't need people feeling sorry that I have the feeling I have. I have friends with the mindset of "misanthropy," but I simply don't agree with it and talk about other things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:43:06 PM by Nick Sintari »

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #3014 on: March 30, 2015, 10:32:48 PM »

Benny, I wasn't jabbing at you or your opinion with that. At all. And I don't need people feeling sorry that I have the feeling I have. I have friends with the mindset of "misanthropy," but I simply don't agree with it and talk about other things.

I never said you were. Just putting in my two cents.