The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209182 times)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3015 on: March 31, 2015, 06:15:23 AM »
I wish people would actually test their software before releasing it.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3016 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
I wish testing software was easy, especially concurrent software.

Doing a concurrency assignment as we speak and the problem with these sort of problems is you they're not very deterministic, so you could run the program 100,000 times with the same initial conditions and each time it will work. But then one in a 100,000, with the same conditions and everything ok, you might end up causing an error and failing. And it's difficult to find these bugs and chances are you may never ever find them until you've already released the software.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #3017 on: March 31, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
I wish testing software was easy, especially concurrent software.

Doing a concurrency assignment as we speak and the problem with these sort of problems is you they're not very deterministic, so you could run the program 100,000 times with the same initial conditions and each time it will work. But then one in a 100,000, with the same conditions and everything ok, you might end up causing an error and failing. And it's difficult to find these bugs and chances are you may never ever find them until you've already released the software.

0bviously you can't test for everything, but I'm talking about when someone releases something totally broken and it causes major problems under normal conditions. I installed this mod for Fallout that overwrote not only some of the base files, but also replaced my carefully-tweaked ini's with the creator's ones that were pretty much default.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #3018 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:03 PM »
woooo... apparently, a therapist thinks I might be depressed!  which is quite fun /sarcasm/ at first I was like Me? no. I have plenty of people who love me, I have a decent enough life, why would I be depressed?
theeen she like said things. like how it could be a chemical imbalance in my brain. then, I understood.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3019 on: April 01, 2015, 03:03:11 AM »
My head is a jumbled mess right now
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3020 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:40 AM »
I had a panic attack today that lasted for about an hour. Barely got anything done in algebra, slept through a movie in first period, then slept through an entire lesson in world history. I need to start sleeping more.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #3021 on: April 01, 2015, 12:12:23 PM »
Hate when I try to "help" sort out technical problems and end up just whining, whining, whining. I know that pointing out problems is what leads to their fix, but it ain't fun.

Offline Poli "Lissy" Drax

• Meles Draco / Hyaenidae
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • PM me, if ya ever wanna chat!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger-Dragon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black and white badger fur
  • Height: 5”9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: Slim and lanky
  • Currently: Forever hungry.
« Reply #3022 on: April 01, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »
Low and behold, the day of idiocy, immaturity and gullibility. Forced jokes, unfunny pranks, stupid remarks and all-round idiocy from many different people I hold respect for. And, of course, I should sit back and let people enjoy today, because hey, no-one likes a party pooper. Not like today has ever been anything but an annoyance for most and a stupid little joke for everyone else. So very sick of it.
Life is simple, sweet, but endlessly complex. All we can do is explore.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #3023 on: April 01, 2015, 01:09:40 PM »
I really try to be positive and do good things, put myself out there when I do something so people can appreciate it.  But I just can't get past the fact that I hate myself and no amount of love from anyone seems to be able to stop me feeling that way.

Just being trapped in my own head makes me feel sick.

I'm my least favourite person and I just can't stand feeling this way.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #3024 on: April 01, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
So. Much. Incompetence. My past few days I've hated certain software developers more than I knew I could hate a stranger.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #3025 on: April 01, 2015, 04:44:37 PM »
I hate the fact that I can't get away from drama, or avoid people piling their troubles on me. I have my own problems too and just ranting and raving at me isn't going to help anything. I left the house just to get a few hour's freedom from it all and people are STILL able to pull me down with them.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #3026 on: April 01, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »
I always get this creepy annoying feeling that every time just right after I've connected to some IRC-channel all conversations stop just because I'm there, even if I have never been on the channel in question before... x-x'

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #3027 on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »
I always get this creepy annoying feeling that every time just right after I've connected to some IRC-channel all conversations stop just because I'm there, even if I have never been on the channel in question before... x-x'

If it's the forum IRC you are talking about, don't worry. Everyone is idling most of the time. :P

---

So many great expressions on my characters' faces in my mind, but I can't draw them as expressive, and that makes me mad.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #3028 on: April 01, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
The muscles in my back are aching from coughing.

Grumpy vixen

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #3029 on: April 02, 2015, 01:26:15 AM »
l hate when things go wrong with me or loved ones that are completely out of my power. It's depressing and discouraging.