The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171374 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #2700 on: February 06, 2015, 09:08:23 PM »
Eye-ache...
Maek it stahp plox x-x

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
« Reply #2701 on: February 06, 2015, 09:32:24 PM »
I can't even talk. My throat is in pain and I have a bad headache. *hugs Cheza* Here's hoping we both feel better.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #2702 on: February 06, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
I've been there. I had to gesture to people in order to communicate. Or write sloppily "Shoot me now." Or "Not being able to talk sucks."
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #2703 on: February 07, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »
I ran out of pancakes! D:
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline SilverSolstive

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #2704 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:34 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't like judging an entire group of people based off of what a handful of them do, but quite frankly it's hard to when you don't see people that aren't like that. I'm an atheist and I don't walk around telling people "Don't believe in God cause you're not going anywhere after you die" but every religious person I've met that discovered I was atheist has had that kind of reaction, thinking that they need to convert me from being a horrible person or something. And all of those people who shake their head at my 'sinful' ways are hypocritical as they live every day of their lives acting like a jackass to everyone, even their own church members. I've seen it happen.

Not to mention that they don't want a real answer to "Why don't you believe in God?" They only want to hear "Meh, never liked church, never got into religion." They don't want to listen when I try to tell them "I can't believe in someone I have no proof exists. I can't believe in a God that claims to love all his children, yet sets high standards no one can live up to and condemns those who fail him to an afterlife away from his kingdom. I can't believe in a God that was NEVER there for me when I needed him most. He never answered any of my prayers I had growing up. I tried to believe for nineteen of my twenty-one years, and through my childhood, I got to be a part of my parents' arguments, being thrown in the middle of everything and being forced to take a side. I got to watch my dad beat on my mom when he was pissed at her, yet claiming he doesn't abuse her, and punish her by taking away anything she thought was fun just because of stupid s--t like not doing what he told her right away or saying he was wrong even when he was. And guess what? My dad was a Christian! And so was my mom! But what did they do with their beliefs? They threw them in each other's faces, saying how God will punish them for what they've done. My dad even dared to say that God told my dad to treat my mom that way because the bible said that the husband rules over the wife, and that her disrespect means she needs to learn her place. I actually got into physical fights with my dad because of him hurting my mom.

"And I'm just getting started. His verbal abuse was shared between me and my mom as well. I got treated like crap all the time, being told that I'm fat and I'm stupid and I'll never make it in the real world and that I should just give up on everything because I'll never be worth anything. Its because of my father that I fell into a year-long depression where I felt truly worthless and stupid and ugly. He had me believing everything he said about me. It gave me self esteem issues that I still struggle with sometimes even to this day. And let's not forget how I never felt safe in my own home. I had insomnia for a long time, and whenever my dad got loud, I always panicked inside and had to go see if he was happy and laughing or if he was pissed for the millionth time.

"But it doesn't end there. When I met the one lone ray of sunshine in my life at the age of seventeen, my soon-to-be wife, we started a long distance relationship that helped heal a lot of pain that I felt inside. Finally having someone to dump all my feelings in front of and just feel complete support was something I never had before, and she was my everything. I loved her with all my heart, and I finally felt loved after so many years of misery. And you wanna know what happened? My way too overprotective father refused to let me go visit her. And him being a control freak that used punishments to control his family, he actually began to take away my phone and computer privileges every time he punished me, efficiently taking my girlfriend from me, my one ray of light in a house of darkness.

Then he decided, 'Sure, I'll help you see your girlfriend,' stringing me along for two long years as he found constant excuses as for why he couldn't send me to Tennessee to see her, with such gems as 'You don't have your I.D. yet and you need it for the Greyhound' (which he never helped me get), 'Re don't have enough money, wait for the tax refund' (which he kept to himself) and my personal favorite 'You can't do simple tasks like clean a dish and follow directions so you must be too f---ing stupid to make it over there'.

And what did I do during all those times I've mentioned? I prayed to God. I begged him to bring our family together and help us find peace. I even somehow convinced myself that every single one of my family's issues was my fault for not having enough faith in God and constantly sinning. I spent years and years, waiting for him to help me out of a really bad situation. And nothing changed.

Not until I finally stopped praying. Not until I gave up on God. Not until I finally stopped waiting for someone else to fix my problems for me. I had to steal three hundred dollars from my father's bank account, pack my essential items, and actually run away from my home at the age of nineteen. I had to give up on ever making things work with that family. I had to push away my past and move on, making a new family for myself out of my girl and her family. Once I did that, I finally found true happiness, something God was never able to give me.

After the day I finally left to start a new, better life, I've found no reason to believe in God anymore. No God, no Jesus, no Heaven, no Hell, nothing. I have no reason to think that any of those things exist. I've been through far too much in my life with no help from a spiritual force. I've never been spoken to by God, I've never seen any tangible proof, and I'm just fine with never being part of a religion ever again. I live happier than I've ever been after realizing that I'm responsible for what happens in my life.

This is me. I'm Dr. Prower, and I'm a proud atheist, and nothing will ever change that. (Sorry for such a long post. I had a lot to vent out...)
That made me cry. What about your mother? You just left her there?

Runnin' outa sigs...

Offline drakewithout

• that first forum cartoonist
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • finally settled on deer i think
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
  • Species: deer
  • Coloring: tan, white
  • Height: 145 cm
  • Weight: 45 kilos
  • Build: light, curvy, acts smaller than she is
  • Currently: feeling lonely
« Reply #2705 on: February 07, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »
i think there area lot of misconceptions about religion out there.
Im the flufflysub.

weridragons https://weirdragons.wordpress.com/

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #2706 on: February 07, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
My torch ran out of battery. *grumble grumble*

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
« Reply #2707 on: February 07, 2015, 07:29:34 PM »
 @SilverSolstive: I really had no choice. For years I told her that she needed to move on and leave my father, but she refused to, thinking that she needed him and that maybe one day he would change. Her perspective eventually became warped to the point where she felt everything that happened to us was somehow her fault. Around that time, she just gave up. She began apologizing to my dad for everything and became devoid of emotion. She even stopped talking to me about most things and just seemed to have no interest in life. She became pretty broken, but it was because she chose that life. There was nothing I could do for her. I was a bit afraid of what might happen to her after I left, but ultimately I had to take care of myself.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2708 on: February 07, 2015, 10:43:52 PM »
Apparently it's now a serious issue when I don't give a bowl I ate out of to my cat when I'm done with it. Someone sure got obsessed with the cat while I was in Missouri.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2709 on: February 07, 2015, 11:51:17 PM »
So many programs flopping suddenly! Might switch 0S's...

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2710 on: February 08, 2015, 12:52:27 AM »
Apparently it's now a serious issue when I don't give a bowl I ate out of to my cat when I'm done with it. Someone sure got obsessed with the cat while I was in Missouri.
Are you serious? Lol what does the cat do if you don't give it your bowl?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2711 on: February 08, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »
Nothing. There is no reason for my dad to get pissy over it. That's why it ticked me off. XD

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #2712 on: February 08, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »
I thought I was finally going to be able to spend some time playing games with friends today, but they've all either disappeared or gone off to play games with each other instead.

Was really excited for this and it looks like it's not going to happen.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #2713 on: February 08, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
Hey Grey, let me know when you'd like to play Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead 2. I'm free!

I need more music to fit the mood of my story.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #2714 on: February 08, 2015, 10:34:57 PM »
I thought I was finally going to be able to spend some time playing games with friends today, but they've all either disappeared or gone off to play games with each other instead.

Was really excited for this and it looks like it's not going to happen.

im sorry grey my body had said no and i lost my pain killers

i feel really bad for letting grey down
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D