Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 174577 times)

Offline drakewithout

• that first forum cartoonist
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • finally settled on deer i think
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
  • Species: deer
  • Coloring: tan, white
  • Height: 145 cm
  • Weight: 45 kilos
  • Build: light, curvy, acts smaller than she is
  • Currently: feeling lonely
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #2685 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:35 PM »
wouldn't that be Satan....
Im the flufflysub.

weridragons https://weirdragons.wordpress.com/

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #2686 on: February 05, 2015, 11:16:08 PM »
Im often times confused by the logic of these people you would think so but
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #2687 on: February 05, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »
look on the bright side, where-ever you are going, those people wont be there! :3 So we all go to heaven in a way  :P
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2688 on: February 05, 2015, 11:24:22 PM »
look on the bright side, where-ever you are going, those people wont be there! :3 So we all go to heaven in a way  :P

Sometimes I wish the forum had a "like" button for posts.

Offline drakewithout

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
« Reply #2689 on: February 05, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »
we do have a quote button
Im the flufflysub.

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
« Reply #2690 on: February 06, 2015, 04:07:11 AM »
Im a peice of filth and god has a place in hell warmed up for me. Or at least thats what the guy at the groccery store said
Well damn. That's a lovely thing to hear, isn't it? Why is it that religious people feel the need to remind us that were going to hell? It's like "Let's go over the check list. Pick up dog from groomers, check. Buy milk, check. Tell a stranger he'll burn for all eternity, check. Welp, I'm satisfied with my day!"

I don't mind if you believe in God, that's all up to you, but there's no reason to be so rude about it.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #2691 on: February 06, 2015, 04:52:10 AM »
Im a peice of filth and god has a place in hell warmed up for me. Or at least thats what the guy at the groccery store said
Well damn. That's a lovely thing to hear, isn't it? Why is it that religious people feel the need to remind us that were going to hell? It's like "Let's go over the check list. Pick up dog from groomers, check. Buy milk, check. Tell a stranger he'll burn for all eternity, check. Welp, I'm satisfied with my day!"

I don't mind if you believe in God, that's all up to you, but there's no reason to be so rude about it.

At first it really didnt bother me i got a cute little rainbow sticker on the trunk of my car and this random dude walks up to me in the parking lot and goes are you one of those gay fella trying to be nice i just smiled and said no im bi so not technically and then he spouts off and walks away. Now as i said at first im just like whatever but the more i think about it im like WTH how do you just go up to somebody you dont even know and say such a thing who the hell are you let he who is with sin cast the first stone i guess dillweed. And i know i should be better then him and rise above it but it pisses me off
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #2692 on: February 06, 2015, 07:23:48 AM »
My Dad told me this morning he doesn't care about me anymore and that I wasn't even supposed to be born. I'm an accident.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2693 on: February 06, 2015, 08:06:37 AM »
I don't understand why someone would regret being the father of an angel. An accidental angel, maybe, but an angel nonetheless.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #2694 on: February 06, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
If what he said was along the lines of "I wanted a real son." then... eh, nothing surprises me anymore.
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline drakewithout

• Eager Elephant
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
« Reply #2695 on: February 06, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »

At first it really didnt bother me i got a cute little rainbow sticker on the trunk of my car and this random dude walks up to me in the parking lot and goes are you one of those gay fella trying to be nice i just smiled and said no im bi so not technically and then he spouts off and walks away. Now as i said at first im just like whatever but the more i think about it im like WTH how do you just go up to somebody you dont even know and say such a thing who the hell are you let he who is with sin cast the first stone i guess dillweed. And i know i should be better then him and rise above it but it pisses me off

i'm christian, and i am pan, and anyone who wants to say that all religious people are like that can #$@#@!#! themselves.  and the religious people that are like that can @#!@$@ themselves to.
Im the flufflysub.

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
« Reply #2696 on: February 06, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't like judging an entire group of people based off of what a handful of them do, but quite frankly it's hard to when you don't see people that aren't like that. I'm an atheist and I don't walk around telling people "Don't believe in God cause you're not going anywhere after you die" but every religious person I've met that discovered I was atheist has had that kind of reaction, thinking that they need to convert me from being a horrible person or something. And all of those people who shake their head at my 'sinful' ways are hypocritical as they live every day of their lives acting like a jackass to everyone, even their own church members. I've seen it happen.

Not to mention that they don't want a real answer to "Why don't you believe in God?" They only want to hear "Meh, never liked church, never got into religion." They don't want to listen when I try to tell them "I can't believe in someone I have no proof exists. I can't believe in a God that claims to love all his children, yet sets high standards no one can live up to and condemns those who fail him to an afterlife away from his kingdom. I can't believe in a God that was NEVER there for me when I needed him most. He never answered any of my prayers I had growing up. I tried to believe for nineteen of my twenty-one years, and through my childhood, I got to be a part of my parents' arguments, being thrown in the middle of everything and being forced to take a side. I got to watch my dad beat on my mom when he was pissed at her, yet claiming he doesn't abuse her, and punish her by taking away anything she thought was fun just because of stupid s--t like not doing what he told her right away or saying he was wrong even when he was. And guess what? My dad was a Christian! And so was my mom! But what did they do with their beliefs? They threw them in each other's faces, saying how God will punish them for what they've done. My dad even dared to say that God told my dad to treat my mom that way because the bible said that the husband rules over the wife, and that her disrespect means she needs to learn her place. I actually got into physical fights with my dad because of him hurting my mom.

"And I'm just getting started. His verbal abuse was shared between me and my mom as well. I got treated like crap all the time, being told that I'm fat and I'm stupid and I'll never make it in the real world and that I should just give up on everything because I'll never be worth anything. Its because of my father that I fell into a year-long depression where I felt truly worthless and stupid and ugly. He had me believing everything he said about me. It gave me self esteem issues that I still struggle with sometimes even to this day. And let's not forget how I never felt safe in my own home. I had insomnia for a long time, and whenever my dad got loud, I always panicked inside and had to go see if he was happy and laughing or if he was pissed for the millionth time.

"But it doesn't end there. When I met the one lone ray of sunshine in my life at the age of seventeen, my soon-to-be wife, we started a long distance relationship that helped heal a lot of pain that I felt inside. Finally having someone to dump all my feelings in front of and just feel complete support was something I never had before, and she was my everything. I loved her with all my heart, and I finally felt loved after so many years of misery. And you wanna know what happened? My way too overprotective father refused to let me go visit her. And him being a control freak that used punishments to control his family, he actually began to take away my phone and computer privileges every time he punished me, efficiently taking my girlfriend from me, my one ray of light in a house of darkness.

Then he decided, 'Sure, I'll help you see your girlfriend,' stringing me along for two long years as he found constant excuses as for why he couldn't send me to Tennessee to see her, with such gems as 'You don't have your I.D. yet and you need it for the Greyhound' (which he never helped me get), 'Re don't have enough money, wait for the tax refund' (which he kept to himself) and my personal favorite 'You can't do simple tasks like clean a dish and follow directions so you must be too f---ing stupid to make it over there'.

And what did I do during all those times I've mentioned? I prayed to God. I begged him to bring our family together and help us find peace. I even somehow convinced myself that every single one of my family's issues was my fault for not having enough faith in God and constantly sinning. I spent years and years, waiting for him to help me out of a really bad situation. And nothing changed.

Not until I finally stopped praying. Not until I gave up on God. Not until I finally stopped waiting for someone else to fix my problems for me. I had to steal three hundred dollars from my father's bank account, pack my essential items, and actually run away from my home at the age of nineteen. I had to give up on ever making things work with that family. I had to push away my past and move on, making a new family for myself out of my girl and her family. Once I did that, I finally found true happiness, something God was never able to give me.

After the day I finally left to start a new, better life, I've found no reason to believe in God anymore. No God, no Jesus, no Heaven, no Hell, nothing. I have no reason to think that any of those things exist. I've been through far too much in my life with no help from a spiritual force. I've never been spoken to by God, I've never seen any tangible proof, and I'm just fine with never being part of a religion ever again. I live happier than I've ever been after realizing that I'm responsible for what happens in my life.

This is me. I'm Dr. Prower, and I'm a proud atheist, and nothing will ever change that. (Sorry for such a long post. I had a lot to vent out...)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2697 on: February 06, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »
I actually did hear the voice of god when I was younger...

No seriously I did.

If i hadn't worked out it was all in my own head and that I was imagining it. if I had stayed christian, also taking into account I have a natural hero complex... It would have been bad lets just leave at that. :|

((I am now a solid atheist))

The issue is that IMO a lot of people have belief in the bible, therefore the bible cant be wrong, and you cant shake their faith in the bible, so in effect their beliefs are set in stone, and lets face it we have ALL had some horrible beliefs at some point in our lives (I used to be scared of black people when I was 5 or 6) and if you believe "God" told you to believe that then it is correct, therefore you will never change.

basically the holy texts are used as the walls for many closed minds.

((Edit: just to be clear, this is the extremists I am talking about, (and yes Prowler your dad counts as an extremist IMO, even if he isn't a terrorist he is still extreme), most religious people are moderate enough to actually think for themselves, and to use "God" for support rather than the basis of their lives))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:42:51 PM by Angder »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2698 on: February 06, 2015, 08:53:50 PM »
Fellow atheist here, and I'm so happy you took charge of your life and got out of that situation.

I was lucky enough to not have such a bad experience. The worst I got was a family member flipping shit over me changing my listed belief to "atheist" on Facebook, and telling the rest of my family about how I'm "against God". I had to explain to everyone what it actually meant. :I
Whenever I mentioned that I'm atheist (and I only do if it relates to a conversation), I've had people look at me like I kicked a newborn puppy, doused it in gasoline, and lit it on fire. I've had people tell me I'm going to purgatory/burn in Hell forever. It's best to just shrug it off.

I do find it kinda funny that they use Hell as a threat to atheists when we don't even believe in it.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #2699 on: February 06, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
well technically hell means "Away from god" so they are not wrong when they say we are going to hell!  X3

((of course as we believe god is not real, I guess technically we already are in hell...  :/ ))