The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 175438 times)

Offline Regi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4185 on: November 11, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
Thank you for telling me! I'll totally looking more into those kinds of jobs; coding is just one that came to mind since I was interested in doing it when I was younger ,but wanted to persue the artist career.  I know my bf is going into IT Networking so he'll be bringing home the bacon, I want to be as helpful because I know if I go to art school and then finish I probably won't get a job afterwards. That's what I worried about the most. I'm in my last year of high school, so I need to figure this out quick.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4186 on: November 11, 2015, 09:29:53 AM »
Thank you for telling me! I'll totally looking more into those kinds of jobs; coding is just one that came to mind since I was interested in doing it when I was younger ,but wanted to persue the artist career.  I know my bf is going into IT Networking so he'll be bringing home the bacon, I want to be as helpful because I know if I go to art school and then finish I probably won't get a job afterwards. That's what I worried about the most. I'm in my last year of high school, so I need to figure this out quick.

You can use your art skills to great use while still being employable in many fashions. For example, graphical design is a very employable artistic field in which you have to visualize ideas and messages through art in a way that is well designed. If you prefer making stuff, sketching stuff or building stuff, industrial design would be an interesting choice, design things like the chair we sit in, the lamps we use, etc, etc, very employable field. Finally, if you like design and coding, you could consider website development, front end web-dev is a very employable field in which you may design websites to look as aesthetically pleasing and ergonomic as possible.

It might not be as creative as art, but it uses your artistic talent to a use that is functional and employable.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Buna

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • mreh
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat dood
  • Coloring: blue eyes, white/grey/black fur
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 142lbs
  • Build: muscles n stuff
  • Currently: investing in fake internet money
« Reply #4187 on: November 12, 2015, 04:54:07 AM »
I need to be more positive, I keep thinking about a person I once really liked but I'm pretty sure they hate me and could care less if I die, and that makes me upset. But that's okay because I have my guitars.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Growlithe

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blarg
    • Awards
  • Species: Meerkitty
  • Currently: Ready to see the world
« Reply #4188 on: November 12, 2015, 06:48:46 AM »
I need to be more positive, I keep thinking about a person I once really liked but I'm pretty sure they hate me and could care less if I die, and that makes me upset. But that's okay because I have my guitars.

Stoicism really helped me reach my equinox. I found it at a rough time like this. I advise reading the Enchiridion of Epictetus
  • Signature art by: unknown
Feel free to PM me, I check here 1-2 times a day and love getting PMs

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #4189 on: November 12, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »
I keep failing those I care about without an excuse.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #4190 on: November 12, 2015, 02:43:09 PM »
^catching up on sleep is not a failure. Everyone needs a good kip.

I have sooo many assignments to do this term. All of them have unrealistic hand in dates.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4191 on: November 15, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
There's someone I've been wanting to talk to for the past several months. We've texted once in a while, but we haven't actually had a call in a long time. Despite him saying he wants to call, whenever I ask if we can, he either doesn't respond or "has plans". When we finally set a time to do it where he's free to do it... It doesn't happen. I wait and wait and wait...

Maybe he only says he wants to talk because he feels bad. I should just not bother worrying about this anymore and drop the relationship. Getting my hopes up to only find out it won't happen every single time for at least seven months is painful.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:08:23 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #4192 on: November 18, 2015, 10:33:59 PM »
So mom decided to do it again.

I've been at a friends place for the past two weeks or so. We live kinda far apart and rarely have time to hang out like this, so now when we finally did we decided to try and make the most of it.

Everythings been perfect, I've got to hang out with someone who's not paid to hang out with me and we've had a lot of fun. Except for that mom's been pestering me with her "Why are you there when you could be here?!"-shit. Today she took it one step further by calling while being drunker than **censor**, whining about "having a bad feeling about all this" (probably because I've been trying to keep her calls short since it's rude to sit on the phone for 9001 hours without a good reason when you're with a friend) and demanding to speak to my friend. I told her no, since that'd most likeky have caused more issues than it'd have fixed (because there's a slight age gap)

So she started to whine about that "she must be right" since apparently no normal person want to hang out with friends they can't see every day for this long without there being something wrong.

Just feels like the police or something could come bursting in at any moment now >-> I feel bad for getting my friend tangled up in this mother-mess and frustrated in how literally everything I do is wrong in her eyes.
If I'm home alone, that's bad.
If I go visit her, that's bad.
If I go visit a friend, that's bad.
If I go to school, that's bad.
If I don't go to school because of severe deppression, that's also bad (because deppression isn't a thing unless it's she who has it)
If I pick up the phone, that's bad.
If I don't pick up the phone, that's bad.
And so on for all eternity.

Just what the hell is there I -can- do without enraging the sweet mother?

Offline Regi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
« Reply #4193 on: November 21, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »
I had my last **censor** straw with my bf's older low life brother. He and his gf did LSD while there is a CHILD in the house and the older brother has ADHD (which does not mix well with LSD at all) and HE STARTS **censor** SCREAMING, LIKE BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS. He started screaming and banging on stuff and I was so frightened that he was going to do something drastic. He broke a $600 TV trying to jump in it. I don't feel safe anymore.  I'm now sitting in a car waiting until the dumb **censor** is sober.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #4194 on: November 21, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »
Ugh, why is it so easy for me to fall asleep during the day, but so ****ing hard for me to fall asleep at bedtime!?

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #4195 on: November 21, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »
Dad's been on my case non-stop all month. If there's one thing, no matter how insignificant, he'll storm over to me and have a massive go at me. Even if I had nothing to do with it.

New rules that don't make sense have been put in place by him too. Nomatter what I say everything that goes wring is always my fault to him.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
« Reply #4196 on: November 21, 2015, 11:47:38 PM »
Sometimes I just want to scream at the top of my lungs in front of family so they'd pay attention to me. This gender issue is driving me crazy and making me depressed but to them it's like they don't even care. It's not all their fault though, it's mostly mine. I hide my feelings from them on a daily basis. I just don't have the courage to say anything so I sit quietly and do nothing. Everyone goes about their business while I'm dying inside and it hurts so much.
Oh woof

Offline Silentium Potens

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Currently: Poking around.
« Reply #4197 on: November 22, 2015, 12:35:11 AM »
Wait, so you've never told them about your issue?
Why do you hide it?  Wouldn't it be better to talk about it to your family, or are they not accepting of it?

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
« Reply #4198 on: November 22, 2015, 12:48:21 AM »
I've talked about it with my Aunt, but no one else. She (vaguely) understands what I'm going through. I told her that I want to talk with a therapist, she said that she would make an appointment but that was a week ago. She just doesn't get it, I don't want to wait anymore! I want this to be solved now! The more I wait the harder it gets and it just doesn't seem like she cares.
Oh woof

Offline Silentium Potens

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Currently: Poking around.
« Reply #4199 on: November 22, 2015, 12:59:25 AM »
Talk to your aunt more about it.  Maybe she'll understand more.
Another thing is that if you're going to see a therapist without your family knowing, that could create problems.
If you feel safe about it, talk to your family about it.  Try not to hide it unless you know that revealing it will be problematic.
Honestly, I don't know what else to say.  Just know that you'll get support from the community.  Hopefully it all works out.