The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana OOC (RP Over)  (Read 54361 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
The Search For Mana OOC (RP Over)
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »
Ok, so I decided to make a Magic-User Serious RP. Like my other RP, this will be in a medieval setting, and but NOT in the Kin Chronicles realm. I will answer questions, but let me just underlie the basics of this RP.

Every magic-user in the world has always had a limit to their use of magic. Majicka: the life force of all living beings, extremely limited in most life forms. However, there are the few that were born with more Majicka than others. They were called Mages. Anyone can cast a spell in this world, but anyone who's not a mage would die instantly after casting one. Mages were indeed a rare, but powerful lot. many a millenia have passed since the discovery and training of Mages. They have studied magic and have developed a library to identify their usage of magic and how to expand their Majicka. The process has been hard, but they found that using minerals and gems of the same affinity as their own magic amplifies their Majicka supply. They also found that, over time, one gains more Majicka as they mature in using magic. However, even the strongest of strongs have always had a limit, despite their power. Now, the normals have found something interesting. A single plant, the only of its kind, that grows in the northern-most tip of the continent, in a cave at the center of the indestructible Kratos Mountain, surrounded by high rocks and jagged peaks. The only way in, is through a small, narrow path that extends 2km off shore, protected by 2 wild, feral dragons. But what is so special about this single flower, you ask? Well, it contains the ultimate elixir known in the world, the most precious liquid in existence. The flower, once every 200 years, gives off one, single drop of Mana. What is Mana, you ask? It is the liquid that, with only one drop, grants the one who consumes it unlimited Majicka flow within their body that will never exhaust. Since its discovery, wars have been fought by both Mages and Normals to obtain this precious item. However, there is a time limit. After the flower produces the drop, it'll evaporate within exactly 1 year. It has been 199 years since the last drop. Now, it is only one more month before the next drop of Mana, and everyone is preparing for war. Especially the Normals.

Your Role:
You will have the choice of either being a Mage or a Normal

Mages may only choose ONE affinity from the Wheel. Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light, Dark. If you choose to have a sub-category of an affinity, know that you may ONLY manipulate that sub. (Example: Glass is a sub of Earth. You can manipulate glass, but you cannot manipulate the ground. Ice can freeze water, and manipulate ice, but can't manipulate water except to freeze it.)

Normals, from the last drop 199 years ago, you have obtained armour that is RESISTANT to magic. NOT magic-proof. You may have 1 large melee weapon, 2 medium/small sized melee weapons, or 1 medium/small with a shield. Throwing weapons, you will have a large supply, but it will need to be replenished. Depending on your throwing weapon, I may allow certain small/medium melees.

Rules:
1) MUST post everyday.
2) MUST have correct grammar.
3) MUST have at least High School Freshman level spelling.
4) MUST be AT LEAST 3 lines long.
5) MUST take this seriously.
6) NO god-modding.

Also, Mages, you will be given a limit to how much Majicka you have, based on character's age and bio.

Character Sheets (Pictures will be helpful, but not necessary.)
Name:
Magic Type (If Mage)/Weapons (If Normal):
Species:
Clothing:
Features: (What do you look like that's different from others of your species? If you're a hybrid, please post full description here.)
Bio:

Name: Lazaryos Provas
Magic Type: Wind - Lightning Mage
Height: 6'4"
Species: White Tiger
Clothing: Dresses like Fai D. Flowright. Has the same staff, too, but the giant gem is a Topaz. --->
Features: Has these markings on his back, in place of normal stripes. ---->
Bio: A far-too-serious Mage his whole life. Has no friends, girlfriend, fiance, or wife. But he is well connected, financially and resource-wise. However, even his connections don't like him as much. He has no interest in others, and is very anti-social. He is also a veteran in many small skirmishes in the past, but only because it paid well. Now, he counts himself lucky that he is alive for this momentous event and will seek the Mana.

(Ok, a few notes. Yes, Hybrids are allowed. No, money will NOT play a part in this RP, we'll just generalize it. {i.e. If you're poor, just act it, no need to be specific. But if you're all curious, we're using coins.} There will also be a posting order, as well as a limit to how many players can be on at THIS TIME. Meaning MORE slots will open later.)

Players:
1) Shinzuu
2) Vee
3) White
4) Chrono
5) Gabag
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:43:44 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana OOC (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
Name: Ember Xenosa.
Magic Type: Fire.
Height: 5'6".
Species: Hellfire Gargoyle-Bat.
Features/Clothing: Her eyes.
Her clothing and the way the rest of her looks.
What her staff looks like except...
The top looks like this with the "claws" holding a Ruby.
Bio: Ember is one tough chick. All her life she has been the girl who nobody dared to mess with and for those who didn't know to not cross the line with her, they got to experience her hot temper. She has never actually hurt another person though, just used her bending to scare them. She doesn't show her emotions much besides when she gets very angry, of course. She has a very sarcastic attitude and only a few friends that "get" her and aren't afraid to be near her. She isn't really power-hungry but she wouldn't mind having no limits to her power just because it would make life easier not having to worry about how much majicka she was using.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:04:49 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:44 PM »
Because of the Topaz and his experiences, Lazaryos usually lasts quite long in a battle. He never uses much Majicka and rations his spells. But He has enough to cast 9 high-level spells before needing rest. Normal spells on continuous, about 12 minutes.

Ok, based on your character sheet and staff, your limit is 7 minutes in a fight. You are still green behind the ears and have very limited Majicka. You have enough Majicka to cast 6 high-level spells before needing to rest and recharge. Normal spells, you can probably have continuous use for about 8 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:12:38 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »
Name: Nitrous
Magic Type (If Mage)/Weapons (If Normal): Dark
Height: 5' 9"
Species: Wolf
Clothing: Pure black cloak with a green inner lacing with this appearance, white cotton shirt and shorts

Features: Fur is a limegreen color with a mix of black, about this tint here: http://www.knightenvelopes.co.uk/photos/lime%20green.JPG with this appearance: http://www.hogees.com/orange_flames_on_black.jpg and his face has several burn marks, thus he's quite fur-less on his face and rather nasty looking.
Bio: A user of majicka since birth, Nitrous used to be known as Night but after doing some nasty experimentation with dark majicka he seriously injured himself and because of his face is now known as Nitrous among many, the rest of his history is much unknown rather than being somewhat of a scholar on the darker elements.

I would like to ask a few questions, like when you say there are limitations on Earth "magic" does that prohibit alchemists? As in I mean I would like to play an alchemist but I have no idea yet if that's allowed, so I was wondering before I made the bios x.x
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:18:46 PM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:13:44 PM »
Sorry, White, but Alchemy and Magic are 2 different things here. I'll give your Majicka count after you finish your bio.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »
Alright, I'll change it up a bit then, thanks for the info!

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »
Do you have a list of the subtypes of elements you can share?

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »
I updated my character sheet, now of course I ask for your suggestions and of course I wonder if I can be in this RP at all :?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 10:20:11 PM »
Do you have a list of the subtypes of elements you can share?

No, the list is too long. How about you tell me what you want, and I'll tell you where it falls under?

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »
I was thinking about going dark, or a subtype of it at least.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
OK.. White. This will be interesting. Because you are using a Dark element, your Majicka count is a bit high, but the drawbacks are severe. Dark magic consists of using "cosmic" Majicka. Your spells are pretty much all high-levels, so there's no real time limit. For you, you can only cast 13 spells per day. Your spells include, but are not limited to: Meteor (1 meteor per cast). Gravity (black orb that compresses anything that touches it. moves very slow, but can be released at caster's discretion.).

So yes, along those lines. Remember, you can only cast 13 spells in 1 day. Be wary.]

I was thinking about going dark, or a subtype of it at least.

Well, dark has many subs. There's shadow magic. There's illusion magic. Many many different ones that fall under dark.

Post Merge: March 23, 2010, 10:27:35 PM
Actually, White, after further inspection of your character sheet, your limit has just dropped down to 8 spells a day.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:27:35 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
Alright sounds interesting! I can't wait for this baby to start *Does Smithers wringing hands action*

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »
So for Dark Mages, the more experienced they are, the more spells they can cast before using up all their magika.. or does it always remain 13 spells per day?

I admit i'm intrigued with this progression idea you got going.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 10:34:54 PM »
So for Dark Mages, the more experienced they are, the more spells they can cast before using up all their magika.. or does it always remain 13 spells per day?

I admit i'm intrigued with this progression idea you got going.

well, actually, unlike Kin Chronicles (which is already deep in magic already), this RP is going to literally delve as far into the Magic World as it can go. I'm going all out with this one, and I'm not holding anything back.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:31 PM »
So does that mean the boundaries of high mage can be broken?.... *resumes action*

Excellent...