The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana OOC (RP Over)  (Read 54357 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: The Search For Mana OOC (OPEN)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 10:41:34 PM »
Uhmm... Shinzuu, I don't think that really answered my question about whether or not the Dark Mage's spell casting limit changes with the more experience they get.

Ok, a few more questions.

Are all the players gonna be in a set party, or is it just a quest for the Mana droplet?

Would a mage be able to enchant items, or is that a totally separate profession?

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »
Uhmm... Shinzuu, I don't think that really answered my question about whether or not the Dark Mage's spell casting limit changes with the more experience they get.

Ok, a few more questions.

Are all the players gonna be in a set party, or is it just a quest for the Mana droplet?

Would a mage be able to enchant items, or is that a totally separate profession?

ok, how your Majicka count is determined, is not just based on that alone. I actually have a chart written out in my notebook with diagrams and such. However, I'm keeping that a secret so that people will make honest characters and not fixed ones to maximize their character's Majicka

All players will start in one of two major cities. None of you will be in a party.... yet. It is indeed a quest for the Mana droplet, but you have to remember that EVERYONE on Earth is going to be going after it for their own personal reasons. The last person who obtained it, used his newfound powers to help fortify Normals. Who knows what the next person might do with its power?

You were right the second time. Those who enchant items are normally in a different profession. However, certain magic-users can temporarily enchant certain items, weapons and people (this last one is ultra rare, and I'll only dispense the details in either the RP, or if someone gets the right magic type.)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
Name: Chrono Tri'malis
Weapons: a Cutlass and Shamshir, excels with both, but commonly uses to the bigger of the two
Height: 6' 5''
Species: Green-black Dragon-wolf
Clothing:
Features: He has the Tri'malis clan's signature third eye between the parted hair on his head, but without majick, its only a mutation.
Bio: Born into a family of mages, Chrono was considered the black sheep for not even having an ounce of majick in him. So, he did whatever any person would do when they couldn't follow the legacy, they went to go learn how to kill people by turning the body itself into a killing machine.

Can we know anyone before partying with them... or will that ruin the character devealopment.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:44:15 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »
With all questions answered (at least until i ask more, but so far i'm content)

Name: Justeph
Magic Type: Dark Magic
Height: 5'6
Species: Human
Clothing: (armor is purely for shock and awe, it's not really protective at all.)
Features: Justeph has blue eyes, and black hair. He isn't totally muscular, but he isn't totally weak either. He's middle build. http://images.elfwood.com/art/s/a/sastewart/staff.gif (staff like this, holding onto a black onyx gem)
Bio: Once a simple farm boy. Justeph, at the age of 18, went for a job with some 'tomb raiders' (no not Lara Croft). When they opened up a special tomb, rumored to be haunted by the spirit of a long dead Magus, the tomb raiders entered, undaunted. When they finally found the Old Magus's tomb, they recovered, his old robe and ceremonial armor and his old staff. Thinking it would turn a hefty profit, they grabbed the armor and ran. The next day, they set up camp, and all throughout the night, Justeph couldn't help but think of how powerful he would be inside that armor, so before dawn broke, he decided to steal it. He ran from the camp, knowing if he returned he'd probably be killed. However the spirit of the Old Magus still inhabits the robe and ceremonial armor, and now the two share minds, although Justeph can't tap into the Magus's powerful Majika reserves, he could gleam advice from him.

For the next two years, the Magus has been teaching him the ways of Dark Magic. However his tutelage was not enough, and the boy was found by a coven of Dark magic 'practitioners', who assisted him with his studies.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
Hey Shinzuu...before I think about joining, what would Corruption magic (ooze, poison, toxic gas, and putrifcation) be under?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »
Hey Shinzuu...before I think about joining, what would Corruption magic (ooze, poison, toxic gas, and putrifcation) be under?

that falls under Earth, Entaru.

@Chrono: No, you will not personally know them, but some charats have made a name for themselves.

Hmm... interesting prospects. I'm going to give Entaru time to decide if he wants in. If he does, then there will be a choice between Gabag, Chrono and Entaru for the TWO remaining spots. The last one will be put on reserve. Now, before I begin to draw lots, I would like to remind everyone that you absolutely MUST abide by all the rules. Also, you must not create your own fantasies and go off on a tangent that doesn't make sense. If it makes sense, just a little side-track, that's fine. But no making up stuff that are not of this realm.

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:18 AM »
I always seem to pick Earth stuff.  Alright, I'll think about it and let you know by at least tomorrow.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
Sounds good to me! Imma ready whenevers :3
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 01:13:33 AM »
I always seem to pick Earth stuff.  Alright, I'll think about it and let you know by at least tomorrow.

you have till tomorrow morning because I want to get this rolling. Otherwise, you're sitting in the background until this RP opens again.

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 03:04:45 AM »
Okay count me in.

Name:Nero Goltbenz
Magic Type: Earth/Corruption
Height: 6'3"
Species: Hyena
Clothing:  He is covered from head to toe in what seems to be one piece of black cloth.  In reality he is covered in hundreds of thin black rags (think a Dementor from Harry Potter).  The only thing not covered by the rags are his hands which are gnarled and mange-ridden.
Features: His entire body bears the mark of his magic.  Decades of practice under the path of the Corruption Mages has left his body ragged and hideous.  Much of his fur fell out years ago.  Many of the bald spots are covered in infectious sores and rashes.  What little fur he has left is matted with dried pus from his open wounds.  This, however, is paled in comparison to the horrors on his face.  His left eye has rotted out of its socket leaving a gaping hole.  His bottom jaw is almost gone, having been snapped in half years ago, and his tongue hangs limply against his neck and chest.

Bio: Nero was born into his profession.  His family perfected the art of Corruption centuries ago, and have kept its workings a secret to all but themselves.  He was taught to use his own pain and sickness to enhance his magic.  While his family often caused themselves to become sickly for short periods of time, Nero took his profession to a whole new level when he purposefully gave himself a flesh eating virus.  He kept the virus controlled, only allowing it to eat away what he considered useless.  When he was finished he destroyed the virus and allowed himself to be subjected to numerous infections and diseases.  During the process, however, he had forgotten to keep the virus away from his mouth.  One bite of an apple later and his bottom jaw snapped at the molars.  He is in hopes of gaining the drop of Mana so that he may further his family's obsession, becoming beings of pure disease.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 03:08:31 AM »
Heck yes! I love it when Entaru is in the RPs :)

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 03:42:34 AM »
Really?  :? Why?

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 03:56:07 AM »
Because you always have a "different" character, like you don't do the same attitude or amount of power or type of power, it's always different, always detailed, and always well constructed! If there was a list of the "good" RP'ers I would say you would definitely be on it for me :P, I'm always glad to see creativity even though I may sound like I'm exaggerating, but still it's really a relief to have quality over quantity.

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 04:00:27 AM »
Thank you!  It really means something to me that someone sees me that way.   :) :3 ^_^

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 06:08:58 AM »
Hmm...This does seem pretty interesting. Though if I were to enter this RP I don't know exactly how I would proceed, more as how the RP would proceed. I understand we are preparing for battle, a big war for a drop of water with super omgwtfbbq powers. But how is that going to play out? Are you going to decide when the battle starts? All the troops? Their actions? Yadda yadda...Anyway, I'm sure I'll see. Time for some questions about various magics...

The ability to have your art come to life, Dark, right? And is it allowed?
This one...Well I'm just going to assume is dark, but necromancy.
Also, the ability to absorb weapons fire or other objects into your body for either poops 'n' giggles, energy or a return fire. Allowed? What element?
What are your views of Mercenaries in this RP?
Are we only allowed one character?
If a mage, can we have a weapon other than a staff? And have a gem or what not embedded in weapon amplifying the power of the user.
If a normal, the one life ending spell you get, can it be like super omgwtfbbq epic? Like blowing up a building, or making a blackhole, teleporting you or a group of people, or something cool like that?

I'm sure I can think of more as this digresses. But uh...Depending on the answers I'll create a character sheet to try my luck at getting in this.