The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana OOC (RP Over)  (Read 54354 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana OOC (OPEN)
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
Actually, that's light. And yes, it would be allowed you Narutard. :3
Necromancy is indeed dark, and will even be MORE limited because of how powerful necromancy is.
Absorb and rebound via body, can be allowed. Depending on the nature of it, it can be either Dark, Earth or Light.
Mercenaries, armies, wannabes.... they're all after the Mana.
1 Character limit, yes.
No, because despite some decent cooperation, Normals and Mages repel each other, Mages being more the pompous type and never use weapons other than their staffs.
Unfortunately, no. High level spells in general can't even be used by most Mages without years of development in their affinity first.

(Also, cuddles, I'm now drawing lots for Entaru, Chrono and Gabag to see who's getting put on standby until there's more room. So you're automatically on standby if you want in.)

OK, DRUMROLL AS THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR ON MY PC TI-83 CALCULATOR GENERATES A NUMBER BETWEEN 1-3, YOU WILL BE MULTIPLES OF THE ORDER THAT YOU CAME IN.
1) CHRONO
2) GABAG
3) ENTARU

AND.............................
FIRST ENTRY IS.... GABAG!!!

AND NOW.............. FIRST PERSON TO BE PUT ON STANDBY... (this feels like Survivor. XP)
ENTARU.
MEANING CHRONO WILL BE AMONG THE 5 TO STAY IN THE RP. (Yea, this really feels like a knock-off of Survivor)

Sorry, entaru, but the calculator has spoken. You will be on standby until we open again, in which case you will be the first to be in.

Post Merge: March 25, 2010, 03:13:32 AM
Okay Gabag. Here's your Majicka count for the RP.

Because of your special situation and your affinity's mineral, your limit is 1 spell per day as your default persona. However, when you switch to the spirit, you will have an additional 4 spells, and I will tell you why. To control your body, the spirit's Majicka is drained, so just being out takes a lot out, also, your body can't handle too much of the stress of a second Majicka source in it. That is why you're limited. Also, because of your bio, you started very late in life, so you will actually pass out within a short amount of time after switching back from the spirit.

ANYONE WHO RECEIVED THEIR OK AND MAJICKA COUNT MAY NO LONGER CHANGE THEIR CHARAT SHEETS.

(btw, Entaru. That is an awesome charat sheet. Do you always like the old and decrepit?)

Post Merge: March 24, 2010, 10:20:53 PM

So here's the posting order:

Shinzuu
Vee
white
Chrono*
Gabag*

*(Gabag and Chrono. Even though I know your general times, for the time being, you two can switch off between each other. First come, first post, each round. This way, after the first week, I can make a more permanent posting order since you 2 are not exactly set in concrete, yet)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:19:52 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: The Search For Mana OOC (Temporarily Closed)
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
Do I need to hold for standby until my turn comes :?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »
Yeah, babe, you forgot to put White in the post order.
I don't know why you put Entaru in the order...

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
*Shrugs* I thought maybe I was in a different "class" or something so different setup in posting x.x?

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
sorry, it's fixed

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 05:12:37 PM »
Sorry, entaru, but the calculator has spoken. You will be on standby until we open again, in which case you will be the first to be in.

I take it you used a RandInt program.  Which means that the calculator you are using is a graphing calculator, possibly a T1-83 or T1-84 from Texas Instruments.  Just a guess.

I'm okay with being a standby for now.  Means more chances for an awesome entrance (or not so awesome...either way).

(btw, Entaru. That is an awesome charat sheet. Do you always like the old and decrepit?)

Not quite.  Whenever I play a magic user of any kind, I normally make them "older" than the other PC's.  The decrepit part seems to follow most of my sci-fi/fantasy characters, even the warriors.  I like my characters to have something extremely wrong with them for better plot thickening.  My normal fursona, after all, is a fox inflicted with a symbiotic strain of Las Plagas.  It just feels right to me, being so very wrong.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: The Search For Mana OOC (OPEN)
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
Okay count me in.

Name:Nero Goltbenz
Magic Type: Earth/Corruption
Height: 6'3"
Species: Hyena
Clothing:  He is covered from head to toe in what seems to be one piece of black cloth.  In reality he is covered in hundreds of thin black rags (think a Dementor from Harry Potter).  The only thing not covered by the rags are his hands which are gnarled and mange-ridden.
Features: His entire body bears the mark of his magic.  Decades of practice under the path of the Corruption Mages has left his body ragged and hideous.  Much of his fur fell out years ago.  Many of the bald spots are covered in infectious sores and rashes.  What little fur he has left is matted with dried pus from his open wounds.  This, however, is paled in comparison to the horrors on his face.  His left eye has rotted out of its socket leaving a gaping hole.  His bottom jaw is almost gone, having been snapped in half years ago, and his tongue hangs limply against his neck and chest.

Bio: Nero was born into his profession.  His family perfected the art of Corruption centuries ago, and have kept its workings a secret to all but themselves.  He was taught to use his own pain and sickness to enhance his magic.  While his family often caused themselves to become sickly for short periods of time, Nero took his profession to a whole new level when he purposefully gave himself a flesh eating virus.  He kept the virus controlled, only allowing it to eat away what he considered useless.  When he was finished he destroyed the virus and allowed himself to be subjected to numerous infections and diseases.  During the process, however, he had forgotten to keep the virus away from his mouth.  One bite of an apple later and his bottom jaw snapped at the molars.  He is in hopes of gaining the drop of Mana so that he may further his family's obsession, becoming beings of pure disease.

This feels inspired by the Chaos God Nurgle.

Remember kiddies, Papa Nurgle loves you, especially with flesh eating diseases and super cancers!

Also Shinzuu, the Mana of mine will be fine,
Also me and Chrono worked out the manner of the post order through a series of pms and random number sequences, and I will go first, before Chrono.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:50:15 PM by Gabag »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »
Alright I'm gonna post in a hex code color because I think that a lot of the "legible" color is already taken, I mean to be honest I cannot see "black" "blue" "purple" or "Green" because the colors are so dark and blend with the black background and then I have to highlight the words to read it x.x

"Does this color work?"

Also it could just be my light reflective monitor, nonetheless it's rather difficult to see all the words often D:

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 07:35:11 PM »
Yes, the color works.
And yeah, I get what you mean. Though the "lime green" works well.
I always choose text color according to my character I'm using. I used orange in this RP because my character is a firebender. :)

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »
Rawr and I'm also terribly stressed about the first post because I'm not entirely sure what is "out-of-bounds" :S

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »
Don't stress about it too much.
You know that I'll advise you if I think you might want to change something and so will Shinzuu whenever he sees it.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 08:08:58 PM »
Rawr let the advising begin :D! I tried to make my character reveal much about his ruthless nature :P

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
It looks fine to me. :)
My character has yet to show why everyone's afraid to mess with her.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, my character's wings are connected to her arms and her sides, meaning if she raises her arms from her sides, it fans out her wings, just like with a bat.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
That would kind of suck if you were trying to sneak around in a ventilation shaft XD

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
Good thing she doesn't have to do that.
Of course, the wing membranes are flexible so she could still crawl on her hands and knees.