The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 125784 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2310 on: April 17, 2012, 03:29:52 AM »
Kitt could probably notice that Talin seemed unusually alert for someone that had partied as much as he did last night, mostly because he seemed to be eating just as much as he was eating last night. However, he stopped as he looked at the bread he was going to eat before sighing and setting it down on the plate and putting his hands onto his face. Great, the binge-eating from last night re-kindled the former diet she had me on. Though I can't complain with all of the energy it gave me both during the day and through the.... night.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2311 on: April 18, 2012, 12:18:13 AM »
After a brief walk around outside Drevo returned to the inn for some food. He sat at a lone table in the corner with his cloak on and his hat next to him as well as his bowstaff. He ate silently when the food arrived like usually. After this he planned on finding a place to fill his gourd with some booze for the journey, he would be needing it.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2312 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
Kitt sat down beside Talin, shooting him a glance and grinning slyly "You sure had fun last night Talin..." He frowned as Talin put his head into his hands, sighing deeply. With a worried look Kitt shooed Evellyn off his wrist and onto the table, rubbing his upper arm with one hand and waiting to see whether Talin was alright.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2313 on: April 20, 2012, 12:53:18 AM »
Korius sighed and turned around, standing at the edge of the roof, "Well, hurry back downstairs and grab some food. I'll prolong our departure for one more hour. I'm sure the keeper had kept some food for you. We have to leave as soon as we can. The situation has become worse, and there is a certain someone we have to find before the last three Guardians, and we have some very serious training to take care of as well." He dropped off with a step forward and walked slowly to the gates of the town, keeping out watch, and to get their carriage out of the stable by paying the storage fee.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2314 on: April 20, 2012, 02:27:06 AM »
Kiana stared off into the distance with her arm crossed as Korius talked until he dropped off of the roof, not wanting to look at him. "Of course...sigh at me because I'm frustrated with you for not being honest with the group..." She muttered after he disappeared. Going over to the edge of the roof at the side of the building, she brought the ground up to her then stepped on it and lowered herself back down to regular ground level. Walking around the corner of the building, she entered the inn and grabbed some food. She sat down by herself and began to eat, her hair still a mess.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2315 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »
Talin looked at Kitt, and chuckled. "Not sure if I partied hard enough... I woke up with only a mild headache that vanished before I even got out of bed. Beyond that, I'm still ready to eat another three courses." He glances at the patrons around him, then leans against Kitt's head to whisper.

"Elistra had me eat more than twice what normal Kin at my age and body size should eat. Then she had me work all of it off both on errands, and in the bed." He did another take, then went back to whispering. "This is why Dragon kin are so difficult to score with when it comes to inter-species: They either force you to a standard, or you die trying to meet it." He continued to glance about, then went back to eating. It can't be determined if he was being silly, or serious, but one thing was sure to anyone else... he was still eating ridiculous amounts of food.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2316 on: April 23, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
Kitt listened to Talin silently, unsure of whether or not it was supposed to be some kind of joke that he did not understand, or if there was some serious message behind it. Deciding that under normal circumstances, whatever Talin said was normally a joke of one kind or another, he just grinned and glanced away...

Although he had not really understood, what Talin had said made him think. He glanced across at Kiana, looking at her in a very different way from when he had been a youngster, to his magically accelerated age now. His cheeks flushed at this brief though, squirreled away into his mind for later consideration.

Thinking silently, Kitt caught the eye of the barmaid. A young lynx-girl of what he guessed to be roughly his age, leaning on a tall broom while the Inn keeper was in the scullery. She smirked as Kitt stood and awkwardly mumbled something to Talin as he passed. The smirk remained as she looked him up and down "A little young-looking for a Ranger aren't you?" With a scratch at the nape of his neck Kitt muttered "Uhm, Hey... You know I... Err... I've killed a guy once..."

The girl held back a snort of laughter, finally breaking down into hysterics, looking as though the only reason she was still standing was the broom she was leaning on. A few other patrons glanced around at the pair as she wiped away a tear. All the time Kitt fiddled with the pommel of his sword, thankful for his hood that meant he did not have to catch anyone else's eye while she laughed. After a minute or so the girl looked like she had caught her breath back and smirked at him "Is that how you try to chat up all the girls?"

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2317 on: April 23, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »
Korius was walking the carriage back to the inn, pulling on the horse's muzzle strap, and stopped when he met Kitt in front of the inn, "Hop on, kiddo. You can court all the women you wan when we're done. Let's go." He waited on the young ranger. At the inn, the keeper was cleaning up with his wife and smiled at the remainder of the party still there, "We want to thank you for what you're doing. My wife and I have been looking forward to this time for a long time."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:42:49 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2318 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »
Kiana thought she saw Kitt looking at her in her periphery but didn't look up from her food since she was close to being done. She did look up, however, when the girl went into hysterics for some reason, seeing that Kitt probably had attempted to talk to her. Kiana was done with her food and when the girl asked if that was how Kitt tried to chat up all the girls, she got up from her seat. She was going to rescue him from the situation, but Korius came up and spoke to him instead. Giving a nod in response to what the innkeeper said, she headed to the door. When she got to where Kitt was, she grabbed his shoulders and turned him away from the girl, gently pushing him through the doorway. "Come on, Talin!" She said before walking outside herself.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2319 on: April 24, 2012, 12:14:54 AM »
Talin nodded, and held a loaf of bread in his jaws as he got up and almost strut his way out of the inn. He then pulled up his hood before hopping into the carriage. He stopped worrying about his change in appetite as he waved at the few party-goers that had recovered enough to leave their houses. He then waited for Kitt to get on the carriage before taking the bread out of his mouth. "The 'bad boy' approach is not for you, despite the truth to the amount that you have killed. Besides, it only works with girls like K-." he felt the words die in his throat when he recalled what Kiana had told him about inappropriate teasing, and let out a sigh. "Trust me, you're better off just going slow..."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2320 on: April 24, 2012, 01:14:16 AM »
Drevo was on his way out the door when the innkeeper and his wife mentioned they appreciated what they were doing. Drevo stopped to say over his shoulder, raising his paw a bit. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch..." he said before continuing on out the door and to the carriage. He hopped on and waited.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2321 on: April 24, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Kitt let himself be guided outside by Kiana, glad that she couldn't see the red flush in his cheeks as she gripped his shoulders. He sat down beside Talin in silence, only nodding in response to what he said. With a sigh he kicked his boot against the wall of the carriage, pulling down his hood now that they were out of the Inn.

As Drevo jumped into the carriage after Kitt and Talin, the maid hurried out of a side-door of the Inn. She quickly made her way to the carriage, broomstick still in one hand, and reached the carriage door with a shy grin. In one hand she held Evellyn, the falcon gliding from her wrist to one of the benches in the carriage. The girl proffered a greased-paper package to Kitt, smirking "You forgot you're bird... Also I got some salted beef from the pantry for you guys..." She grinned when Kitt took the food and gave a quick wave to the others in the carriage as she walked back to the Inn "Good luck..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2322 on: April 26, 2012, 02:58:15 PM »
Korius jumped up on the driver's seat and laid Valia into the carriage, closing the iron door that separated him from the interior, and placed the katana at his feet, hidden from view unless someone were to get up next to him. He closed his cloak so that his clothing would be covered so that he wouldn't stand out as someone who shouldn't be driving a royal military carriage. It was another 10 hours before they got to the other side of the territory, but instead of heading on north, he turned the carriage straight east.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2323 on: April 26, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »
Kiana climbed into the carriage after the guys did. She wasn't surprised at all the Korius closed the door that separated him from them, but she was taking it the wrong way. She didn't utter a word on their ride out of the territory and just stared at the floor of the carriage. It would have been nice if Kamau had spoken to her to keep her occupied but it seemed he didn't want to speak to her after their last "conversation." She did notice that the carriage turned east after hours of riding in the carriage, but she didn't say anything since she knew it wouldn't get her anywhere anyway.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2324 on: April 27, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »
Talin pulled out one of the needles in his leg satchel, and spent at least six hours trying to pour his newly strengthened magic into the needle. He could see the needle gaining a darker shade of color, but he couldn't bring himself to put any more inside the needle, as he only kept it at enough energy to emit an aura.

He could pour all of his energy into the needle, but he had the sneaking suspicion that the attempt would either make the needle blow up in his face, or his body would go through incredible pain in the process. Eventually he just put the needle away and took a nap for the next four hours, still unaware that they are riding in a royal military carriage...