The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 125776 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2295 on: March 21, 2012, 11:22:38 PM »
Drevo  didn't speak when Korius made it to them. Food sounded good, as well as a soft bed. Sake would be a plus, he would have to sample the town's finest and liberate it from them. All this tension lately, it would help his nerves. He had some smart remarks to add, but felt it would be best to wait until later. He went with the others to the inn, pondering at what foods he would eat.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2296 on: April 08, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Kitt followed alongside Talin, watching with only mild interest as he looked over the stalls. He sighed and glanced up at the clouds and then back to the group. Evellyn shuffled on his wrist, preening her feathers, oblivious to the surroundings. Kitt grinned, stroking her head fondly, after traveling the idea of a good night sleep and food was sounding promising.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2297 on: April 08, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
Korius brought the party into the inn and opened a tab. After the others started enjoying some food, he made himself scarce and disappeared after opening up some rooms for the party. He then proceeded to head to several different merchant shops and found a buyer for his stolen goods. Korius immediately used some of the money on a couple wetstones and a set of new cloaks for the others. He spent a few hours to himself that night, conditioning and sharpening the katana and Valia. Around high moon, he headed back to the inn, expecting the others to be in their individual rooms and sleeping. He paid off the tab he had opened and handed the cloaks to the owner, asking him to drop them off to each person the next morning. Korius himself was already wearing his new one, and had not rented a room for himself, but the owner allowed him to rest in the tavern portion of the inn downstairs and even drank with him.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2298 on: April 08, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
Kiana ate in silence once they arrived at the inn and she had figured out what she wanted. Once she was done eating, she left the inn, not ready to just go sit in her room yet. For a while, she just wandered around the town. She caught sight of Korius at one point but didn't pay him any mind, still not pleased with him. Others would probably follow someone around if they were suspicious of them hiding something, but she was too fed up with him to care what he was doing as long as he wasn't completely running off. When she was tired of walking around, she went back to the inn. She didn't go back inside though and instead climbed up to the roof of the inn from the back. Once she was on the roof, she laid down and stared at the sky. After a while, she ended up slipping into sleep and rolled onto her side.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2299 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17:44 AM »
Talin, still a fool when it came to limiting his portions, was completely ignoring where his party went as he went through an entire plate of food in less than a minute, chasing it down with ale before ordering another meal. Halfway through his second plate, he turned to Kitt and made a frown. "Come boy, your training requires more energy than what our leader can cook for the group. You will need at least two full plates for tomorrow's work, and do not worry about getting fat as the two plates will keep you from getting further thin after tomorrow." He then ate an entire baked potato to punctuate his statement.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:19:25 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2300 on: April 12, 2012, 01:42:10 PM »
Kitt grinned up at Talin, wiping the back of his paw across his muzzle. He didnt say anything but nodded quietly and pushed the last of his scraps onto the table where Evellyn snapped them up hungrily. He gave the falcon a brief stroke across the wing and then stood up and got himself another plate, forgoing the ale that Talin had and sat down to continue eating. When he had lived on the move with his father he had never eaten more than a small cooked meal here or there at Inns, and the luxury of having enough to eat had not yet worn of entirely.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2301 on: April 12, 2012, 11:13:44 PM »
In the few hours that Korius spent on his own, Talin had started a fight, that turned into a drinking contest... which ended with him winning more than enough money to pay off for all the food and drink that he and Kitt had eaten. He had also drawn some approving looks from the maidens as his inebriation was hidden by both his swagger, and his black fur. Thankfully he was indeed too hammered to attempt flirting or continue chatting with his 'new friends', and he was able to get to his room without further incident.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2302 on: April 13, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »
Drevo ate the food that was ordered for the night and afterwards retired to his room. He didn't speak to anyone, though it's not like any of them would talk to him. The faint idea of the mercenary they had with them long ago popped into his head. In his room he tried to do various things with his new found Ki powers, though most of the time was spent trying to channel it. Eventually he just passed out abruptly onto the bed.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2303 on: April 13, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »
Kitt watched Talin and his exploits with a disapproving look in his eye. He kept his hood up and himself to himself, but could think of nothing better to do than watch Talin for some amusement. His father had always looked down on drunkenness, as did rangers in general, and just as with food when they had been on the move alcohol had been a rare thing.

He sighed and slunk off upstairs to his room, not entirely glad to see that their rooms were all separate again. He thought back to the groups first days travelling, when they had barely been able to afford one room between them, and closed the door behind him quietly.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2304 on: April 14, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
Korius eventually fell asleep after a few drinks and hours. He wasn't drunk, so he slept soundly, wrapped in his new cloak and had consumed enough alcohol to at least not think about the troubling news and confirmation that he had made earlier that day. Korius' dream was nothing special, just memories of his youth. However, about half-way through his dream, it took a turn. A shroud descended upon the scene in the monastery and became a stormy, muddy field. It was another vision from another person's life. This time, however, he noticed something odd about his vision, probably because this was the darkest environment yet. In the left, he saw everything just the same, seeing his opponent's figure in front of him, and following every motion of the fast-moving blades in his hands. Out of his right eye, he saw everything as clear as day, much better than his left, but the movements of the opponent's were blurry. Korius woke up as blades clashed, and panted, cold sweat seeping through his fur like last time. This time, he knew who's memories these were, but there was one more question, why was he seeing them all the time?

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2305 on: April 15, 2012, 11:55:58 PM »
Talin dream was very unusual, as he could not recall the location that surrounded him on all sides, or the figures bearing their blades at him. However, the rush of power was very familiar, as well as the madness that such power had brought up. He couldn't hear what passed through his lips as he spoke, but he could finally get a good look at one of the people that was coming to apparently kill him. However, he woke up with little memory of the rest of the fight that happened, and he could feel the headache from last night's activities.

He sat upright and hung his legs over the side as he looked at the door, then the floor. He believed that he should be throwing up whatever he ate last night, but even now the headache was fading away. The guy's name is Shinzuu, in case you're wondering. I'd rather not go in depth on my opinions of him, since you're too sober to forget whatever I say in that regards. Chronin sat on a drawer, looking at his descendent through one fiery red eye. Think of this information as myself acknowledging that you're more resilient than most of our family line. He then crumpled into black smoke and vanished, leaving Talin to his thoughts...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2306 on: April 16, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Drevo didn't dream while he slept, or rather couldn't remember it come morning when he woke up. Even though he was awake he remained lying in bed having a lazy moment before eventually getting up to look out the window. There was a nice refreshing breeze as he opened the window. It wasn't long before he decided to head out of the room only to receive a cloak from someone. After dawning the new clothes he headed outside for some morning air.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2307 on: April 16, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Kitt woke with a muttered groan, pushing the pillow off his face. With a muffled cry he found himself to be lying precariously at the edge of the bed and promptly fell to the floor with a thud. From her perch on the end of the bed Evellyn looked up and clicked her beak. With another muttered word against birds and their humor, Kitt pulled on his Rangers cloak, ignoring the new one Korius had bought him, instead folding it up into his bag. With a final stretch and flick of his tail Kitt opened his door and walked downstairs, Evellyn perched on his wrist.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2308 on: April 17, 2012, 12:01:04 AM »
Korius came out of his deep thought as the others started coming down. Since it was still very early in the morning, the other few tenants had not awaken yet. However, after another hour, the four of them having breakfast, a thought crossed his mind, Where is Kiana? It's not like her to be this late for a meal. He stood up and asked the innkeeper which one Kiana had been assigned to, and walked right up to it. He knocked on the door, nothing. Korius closed his eyes and expanded his senses with his Ki and could not sense anything living in there, nor anything dead. Where the hell has she gone? He opened his senses a bit more, but it didn't go that much further when he sensed her particular Majicka aura coming from the roof. He left the building through the front door and hopped up to the roof to where she was laying, "What are you doing up here? Everyone else is done eating."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2309 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
Kiana had never slept this long and she was surprisingly comfortable sleeping on the roof. She was only about half-awake when she heard a voice, which made her bolt upright into a sitting position with her hand on her staff. Her head whipped around and she saw that it was Korius standing there. "Sleeping. What does it look like I'm doing?" She sort of snapped. She got to her feet and brushed herself off. Her braid was probably messed up but at the moment she didn't really care. She had never really cared how she looked in front of the guys anyway, even Korius.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown