The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 125327 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« on: January 02, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »
(This RP only runs on the realm of my books. In no way does it have any reference to them.)

The war with the Necromancer's Guild had finally come to an end. However, Gaia's inhabitants were few remaining. After a good many years, the inhabitants of Gaia congregated on the continent of Celestia, where war was seen the least. Under the watchful eyes of the remaining 12 Guardians, Celestia was back to relative peace. However, there was an evil behind the curtains that no one had forseen. Guardians turned on their people. Together, they waged war on the people and divided the land into 12 provinces among them. They were led by the strongest of them all, Korius, the Wolf-Kin Guardian who had succeeded Koara Uzima after the Zelot Wars. At first, the people accepted it, saying it would build stronger kingdoms. But, rebellions began to brew, but were subsequently subdued. Now, there were few who would dare go against the Guardians and their tyranical rein. Our story begins in the war-torn Elfin city of Lagoon, the once proud capitol of the Elves whom are now extinct. Five travelers of entirely different backgrounds were about to form the most unlikely of an alliance.

Valius, a once proud knight of the Knights of Gaia, now sat a miserable drunkard in the tavern. His claymore sat next to him, glinting in the dim lights shown through the cracked roof. He swigged down his fifth bottle of wine and screamed at the bartender. "More!" And he threw the empty bottle absentmindedly as the bartender fulfilled his request. The empty bottle flew across the room and shattered on the head of a female thief.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:23:55 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:40:43 AM »
(sorry guys just got back in X3)

Clare wandered through the town, making notes of all the bolt holes she could use in case things got hairy. She checked to make sure her knives, which were passed down maternally for 9 generations. "I really ought to find a place to stay. The treasures of the city will be here in the morning." She walks into an inn, it seems to be a very seedy place, perfect for her to hide and make plans. "One room please." She says in her sweetest voice, enough to have most people eating right out of her paws.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
"Okay now Kitt, look down the stock, keep your aim steaaady.... right, when your ready..."
The taller ranger stood back, his muted cloak flapping around his legs as he watched the young feline, also clad in rather to large for him similar ranger cloak and tunic... The feline stood, overlarge crossbow brought up to his shoulder, the wooden feat of engineering creaked slightly under the high tension of the chord.... Kitt licked his lips worriedly, one amber eye squinted shut, the other watching the wooden target....

~ FTH - WUNK~

A crossbow bolt spat across the distance to the target, little more than a shining blurr... in quick succesion the short feline pulled back on the locking mechanism, fired another deadly accurate bolt, then another, and another... each bolt found its mark in the wooden target with muffled ~THWUNK~ .... in under a minute five bolts where buried up to their shafts in the target, somthing that would have been unfeasible with a regular crossbow...

Kitt stood back, looking from the target to the older Ranger hesitantly, waiting worriedly either for the praise, or the outburst of anger... the older ranger whistled admirably, a good sign...
"Well well young Kitt.... it seems we have a young ranger in the making... five shots iiiin... i make it fourty seconds, impressive for a first time.... right, pack this stuff up, we'l stop off at a tavern in the town to get some supplies before continuing on to the camp...."

The young feline threw a hasty salute, before picking up with difficulty the leather bandoleer of crossbow bolts, sheated his shortsword and swung the crossbow over one shoulder...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »
RRRAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
followed by a belch of flame, anyone within a good three hundred yards could easily tell that a dragon has been either assaulted, or is assaulting. First thought they would think is that who or what is idiotic enough to fight a dragon?! their question would be answered if they bothered to take a look as a wolf with wings of white was dancing around the dragon. No matter where the dragon swung or from what angle, the wolf always managed to escape its swipe "Come on, swing at me like you're trying to kill me, you can't even hit flies with that speed!" the wolf taunted while swinging at the arms and cutting at the arms that failed to do the same or worse to himself.

After the dragon finally falls, the wolf then has a look of concern upon his face. He then lands next to her and puts his head next to her neck, his weapon lying behind him. He smiles and then hugs the dragon, who raises its head and smiles at him. The wolf laughs and then pecks the dragon's beak before getting a bunch of herbs and patching up the wounds.

One moment they're fighting to the death, the next they're acting like best friends?!

"Elistra, when will you stop faking death already, I get scared when you do that!" the wolf, known by other dragoons as Talin Lazarus. The Dragoness, named Elistra, only licked his face and then nudged him into sitting down. "Actually love, I find it rather amusing and... attractive how you're concerned for wether I'm consious or in good health." Talin just lowered his ears and leered at her. "So you'll keep on messing with me..." the dragoness nodded in response before slowly getting up, and walking to the cave they both live in. "Well, it will be another two years before I can gift you with hybridization, so I want to know you like my mate before we go through with this..." Talin blushed and stared at Elistra "You don't mean we're going to..."

Elistra burst into a roar of hiss-like laughter before responding."No, we're not even going to get that far until way after your change..."

Talin wakes up finding Elistra smacking his face about, with a bottle of sake next to her. "Seriously, stop going to sleep in taverns, we didn't even travel that far!!" He slowly regained his senses and lifted himself up before she continued. "Were you having that 'wing' dream again?"
Talin let out an uneasy laugh before nodding. "I can't help it, you look really attractive with that giant frame of yours, especially from the wai-" she covered his mouth with her bandaged hand and shook him about. "If you value your neck and soul, you will not finish that sentence!!" Talin nodded and she let go, letting him drink the sake he had ordered earlier.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:06:15 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 03:09:47 AM »
Kiana walked down the street with the hood of her cloak up. Her head was angled down slightly but her eyes were looking ahead of her, not down at the street. She used her staff like a normal walking stick as she tried to just blend in with the average folk. She spotted the tavern not too far ahead of her and quickened her pace since she was both hungry and thirsty.
Walking through the door, she casually looked around. Her caught the glint off a weapon and she glanced at the owner. It was only a very short look and then she moved to a table, sitting down and shaking her head. 'Why do men find it necessary to get drunk all the time?' She thought to herself. She ordered a drink but one with no alcohol and some bread. She lifted her hands and pulled her hood down off of her head. Her jet black hair was in its usual tight braid and as she looked around the room, her gold eyes glistened, though she didn't want them to because people stared at her eyes too much once they noticed them usually.
The bartender brought her drink and bread to the table then. "Thank you." She said softly. The place was too empty so she didn't want to speak any louder. She took a drink of her beverage and then took a bite of bread, chewing it slowly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:48:06 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 03:46:38 AM »
Valius pounds hard on the table, feeling the attitude projected from Kiana. He thought to himself. "Bloody sorceress, you dare to shun me for drinking? Wait till Valia runs you in half." He takes another swig when he hears the tavern doors open in the tavern and looks over as he puts the bottle down. He snarled under his breath and loudly, and pompously, "What would a couple of masterless royal dogs be doing all the way out here in this forgotten city? You're far out of your jurisdiction, rangers." He took another gulp of wine and threw the bottle back, almost hitting Kiana. "Darius!! Get me a prewar dater, I could use the comfort." The bartender eyes him angrily. "Not until you pay me the 10 guilder you owe me for your other bottles first, and mind you, my prewar brews are three and a half guilders per bottle." Valius stumbled off the chair and clumsily untied a metal box from his belt, and opened it, overturning it onto the table. Copper and silver coins spilled onto the table. "There's 14 Guilders in there and about 2000 Shims." He picked up the exceptionally large claymore and, without so much as a hiccup, brought it up and guided the hilt smoothly into the clip on his armor made to holster the buster-class weapon. He stumbled over and sat at one of the three seats that were actually intact, and waited for his bottle. He looked over a Kiana and smirked, his breath reeking of liquor. "Hey baby, wanna spend the day will a real beast? Maybe we can get together and have a little hybrid hero of our own, like that old Legend himself. You know, that uh........ Katame guy from the history lessons. Do you think the rumor of him marrying the last wolf Guardian's daughter was true. I mean, hehe, can you imagine how old that hag had been when she resigned her post? Woman's gotta be at least 900 years old!"
He made very exaggerated hand gestures as he spoke, and hit the wolf dragoon sitting next to him. He snickered and laughed at it and grabbed the new bottle in front of him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:38:32 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 03:53:50 AM »
Just before Clare recieved the key to her room, a bottle smashed into her head. She whipped around and saw a male warrior aiming a claymore at a sorceress of some sort, apparently. Adhering to her kleptomania she stupidly decided to "take a closer look" at the bartender's wallet while watching the promising fight. Clare wasn't an uncaring person, she just didn't feel the need to throw herself into a fight that wasn't hers, Although.... He had thrown smashed a bottle over her head. "Well I guess I oughta help out then." she said to herself.

Clare took a place next to the sorceress, "Looks like we both got a bone to pick with this drunkard, neh?"

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »
The older Ranger spat on the floor "you have no authority you old Rummy... leave your fighting words for in some drunken brawl and save your stinking breath" He walked to the bartenders counter, muted ranger cloak flowing around him, the light armoured tunic clinking. Kitt followed behind him, the large repeater crossbow over one shoulder. As the older ranger stopped by the counter Kitt walked straight into him, the weight of the crossbow overbalanced him and he toppled into one of the tables, standing back up hurriedly, hefting the crosbow with him...

The older ranger turned, pulling down his cloaked hood, revealing feline ears, whiskers and a face almost identical to kitts, though grey around the muzzle and whiskers from age.... Kitt spoke quietly for the first time since he's entered the tavern.. "sorry Dad.."

The older feline smirked "you just be more carefull with that thing son... just wait here n' i'l get us some bread for the journey...."He turned back to the bartender, keeping an eye on the drunken idiot... and what could be a fight breaking out...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
When the drunk hit Talin, he was drinking the only bottle of sake the place had, and when the bottle broke on his face, he was angry to put it mildly. Before he could realize where his anger would lead him, he got up and nailed the drunkard in the head with his metal covered fist. "The only bottle of sake here, and you broke it!". Then, he lost it, leaping onto the the drunkard and pounding his face in an unusually non-drunk rage. When his fists started getting bloody, a figure clad in cloak and cowl, leather armor, and bandages covering any skin left uncovered, yanked Talin off and held him from doing further harm. "What are you doing, he broke the only bottle when it was two thirds full... that bottle cost me twenty guilder!" Then the figure pulled a knife and he calmed down "Must you act so violent over matters of currency?!" the figure berated him, and he only sighed in response. "Fine... I'll let him li-" she whacked him in the back of the head with the butt of the knife "I mean I'll get him some help..." he corrected before getting up and walking over to the possibly unconsious drunkard.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
Kiana scoffed. Was he seriously hitting on her now when before he looked he was ready to kill her? But of course, being hit on didn't offend her as much as him speaking badly of the people in history she admired the most. "I just have words for the drunkard, that is all." She said in response to the female standing beside her. While she said that is when Talin attacked the drunkard. She did nothing since someone else was quick to intervene, but she did stand and stretched out her staff in between the drunkard and Talin to keep them separated. "He is not unconscious. No, he is much too hard-headed to be unconscious from that." She remarked, moving her gaze from Talin to Valius. And she did mean he was literally and figuratively hard-headed. "I'm sure you should stay back from him. A Knight is hard enough to deal with, but a drunk one would be a lot more trouble for you than you know." She looked Valius up and down while she said this to Talin. No, the drunkard didn't look like much in this state in this tavern but she could tell what he was easily anyway.
"Now, you listen up and listen good. I do not want to repeat myself because you're not worth that much effort." She said as she jabbed his chest with her staff, not hard but enough to get his attention, then moved the staff to hold it normally while she stood there. "I will not tolerate you disrespecting some of the people that I look up to most. The hybrid, his name was Shinzuu Katame and he was just about one of the greatest warriors this world has ever known. He was far better than you will ever be in your lifetime. The wolf he married, her name was Vee Uzima and she was practically just as good a fighter as he was. She was also far better than you'll ever be. And her mother, Koara Uzima, was a great Guardian and doesn't deserve the disrespect you've said of her tonight." She spoke with anger but it was still a calm anger. She did not raise her voice. "You were probably once a very honorable and proud Knight, but you are just being a sorry excuse for a life-form now. I don't know what the world did to you to make you this way but you need to get on with life." She sounded a little preachy but it was just something she needed to say and that he needed to realize.
"Oh, and one more thing. If you're going to try to be a charmer, at least be sober first. Drunks aren't attractive." She added to the end of her speech. The anger was gone in her voice, like he hadn't even bothered her with his feeble attempt. It just sounded like she was giving him some friendly advice at that point. Then she sat down again, taking another drink from her mug and picking up a piece of bread to start eating again, her staff leaning against the table beside her on the side away from the bar.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:47:34 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:13:19 PM »
Valius merely chuckled and stood up. He looked at Talin and wiped the blood from his reopened cut on his face from shaving. "Not too bad, for a dragoon. I used to think you guys were a bunch of dragon 'lovers', but I guess you can punch." He sat back up and reached into his armor pouch and pulled out 20 silver coins and tossed them to the bartender. "Here, for his bottle." Sensing a growing hostility from the thief next to Kiana, he drew Provas, chained to Dio, and launched the dagger to hit the bar pillar right next to her face, just nicking the hem of her cloak. "Don't even think about it, missy. I was the former captain of The Knights of Gaia, Valius, you're hostility won't warrant you any treasure." He pulled out Provas and holstered it with Dio and continued to eye her as he spoke to Kiana. "Well, young sorceress, I'm sure even you have heard of me, then. My men and I were Korius's personal guards. That is, until he and Kyzen decided to take control of Celestia. When we discovered their plan, my Knights and I high-tailed it out of there, but... *sigh* ...my men were not as lucky as I. Now, I have a bounty on my head in all 12 provinces. I'm sure it's no different for those rangers over there."

He drew Valia and ran the large claymore right through the roof. Blood trickled down his sword and he stood up with his bottle in one hand and Valia and the other. He smirked evilly and took a swig and pointed his sword at the door. "I'd love to continue this conversation with you folks, but we have company. Alright, you backstabbing, power-mongerin' traitors! Bring it on!"

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• Handsome Horse
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 10:54:10 PM »
Clare heard the whoosh of the blades as they caught her cloak and heard the air whistle as they flew past her face. She said nothing. She just gave asmile that said, "You better watch your things... And your back if you wish to keep them." Then she recognized the blades at Valius's side when all was quiet she asked, "Are those blades prewar? Mine are of the same design minus the chain. They hint of an old family. Then again the knights were for old families anyway, neh?"  She went and stood next to the two rangers, "Careful around that one. He don't take to kindly to being interrupted it would seem." she whispered to them. She redirected her attention to the knight, "And why in the world did you smash a bottle on my head? Not very kind towards ladies are we."

Now of course during this time Clare had already pocketed the bartenders money bag, unfortunately it had been a bit too early. Those extra twenty silvers would have been nice.

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 01:42:46 AM »
Talin walked over to the the apparently noble mage and sat down next to her. "Um... sorry for the outburst, it was idiotic of me but completley ne-" The figure put a hand on his head and he corrected himself. "...it was idiotic of me and completely unneccessary, by the way, my name is Talin...and this is my friend Elistra" a pair of sapphire vertical slits looked at Kiana as though she were smiling. "Pleased to meet someone who practices the arcane..." she offered her bandaged hand which had claws at the end in an attempt at a handshake, while her other hand kept a grip on Talin's head.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
The older ranger nodded, frowning. One paw around the hilt of his shortsword, the blade already an inch out of the hilt.... "so it would seem... stupid drunkard.... but he's right, i have just as much authority as him... theres nothing i can do, other than protect my son, the one thing i can still do with all my life...."

with that he put an arm around Kitt, his rangers cloak and hood easily two sizes too large for him... Kitt looked up and smiled, hugging his father....

The ranger re-sheathed his sword, leaning against the bar, watching the drunk Knight, ready to at least attempt to intervene...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »
Kiana was surprised that the Knight didn't argue with her and had a more somber attitude than she expected. "I must have gotten to him..." She thought to herself; she hadn't thought that she would get through to him though. She looked at Talin and listened to him. "It's quite alright. Things happen." She responded with a nod. She looked up at his friend then down at the outstretched clawed hand. "I'm..." There was a very short pause as she debated whether or not to say her name, if it would give her away, but she shrugged it off in her head, it was an average enough name. "...Kiana." She said as she shook Elistra's hand. For anyone who was listening, the pause while she debated in her head was a barely noticeable fraction of a second.
After releasing Elistra's hand, Kiana looked at Valius and then at the door. She stared at it, waiting for the "company" Valius mentioned to burst through. She wondered who it was, probably just people after the bounty on his head. She'd only intervene in the matter if she needed to.