The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 125342 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
Valius smirked as he heard everyone's names passed around and 30 black-cloaked men came in through the door and roof, each with a drawn sword or crossbow affixed to almost everyone. "So it seems we all share a hefty bounty on all our heads. Kiana, the runaway mage. Clare, the greatest thief in Celestia, said to be the last to receive the title of 'Kaelin'. Talin, the only dragoon to pact with dragons. And the Szarda Rangers, the last of your clan after Kyzen slaughtered them all. Who would've thought we'd all be in the same room." He laughed heartily and, in a flash, unholstered Dio and threw it straight at one of the crossbow handlers in the face. The others began firing and he drew Valia and began deflecting bolts. "Clare! Get Darius out of here! Kiana, a little help here! Talin, run through in on the right, there's more open area for you to close in. Szardas! Give him cover fire! Go!!"

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
Clare quickly sprung to action, grabbing Darius and running. As she passed Valius she slipped him a note. It asnt very legible but she had two seconds to write it. It said: "I have a bolt hole at Nancy's Tavern. I'll make sure Darius is safe there and come back to help clean up."

"Come on you, let's go. Auntie Clare is gonna take care of you. We are going to see a very good friend of mine." She said as she pulled Darius onto her back. She jumped out a window and sprinted towards nancy's. She heard several of the cloaked figures following her. "ok time for a detour." she ducked through alleys, not disturbing the homeless citizens living there.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »
Kitt looked up to his father, who nodded, already readying his own old repeater crossbow...
"Just like we practiced Kitt..."

The two raised the thick set crossbows to their shoulders, Kitt fired off a bolt, catching a hooded figure in the throat, then his father fired while Kitt reloaded for another shot... in this way Rangers had been trained to keep up a stream of continous fire, perfect for catching an opponenet unaware....

"LEFT SON!"
Kitt spun to the left, releasing a bolt, driving the arrow head deep into the hooded figures chest, sending him sprawling across a table...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
Talin whipped out his twin voulge, and glanced at Elistra in a silent signal before rushing the right side, almost running on the wall, and spinning into a trio of hoods, either scattering or mincing them when he decended. Elistra then followed up by rending anyone who was knocked down by the initial spin, then throwing needles at other hoods, immobilizing them by hitting joints and pressure points. Some of the hoods caught on to their strategy, and started to make their way towards Elistra. Talin noticed just in time to knock away two hoods with short swords and then immolate the would-be assailants before they reached her. "They're catching on, stay alert!!" Talin shouted before running one blade through the neck of another hood.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
Kiana nodded and stood up, picking up her staff. She walked lightly to the door, hitting five of the assailants upside their heads on purpose as she moved. She looked over her shoulder when she reached in the doorway and smirked at them. "Follow me gentlemen." She said in an even tone and stepped out of the door and onto the street, which was all earth of course. The assailants rushed after her, afraid of losing their bounty and unaware of exactly what element she called her own.

Kiana was waiting for them, standing in the middle of the now ominously empty street. She smiled at them as they made a circle around her, looking innocent and also attractive to them but still enough like a bounty for them to be ready to fight her. They all stood there for a minute. She was patient. Them, not so much. They were quick but she was faster. Each of them had only lifted one foot off the ground slightly to spring to attack when she turned swiftly in a full circle, tapping the ground with the top end of her staff in front of each of the assailants and raising it up to their full height before they could blink twice.

Now Kiana was standing in the middle of the circle the way she had been when the assailants had first made it, a smile on her face that just looked innocent to unsuspecting eyes. But instead of being surrounded by five assailants, she was surrounded by five statues in the shape of the assailants. She turned in a circle again, slowly this time, jabbing each statue with her staff. Each one toppled over and crumbled on the ground. She moved to the door of the tavern and turned back toward the mounds of earth. Holding her staff in both hands in front of her, she pulled it towards her body then pushed it away to her arms' full extent. This caused the mounds to sweep up together into a pile in front of the alleyway across the street. She returned the staff to her right hand and turned towards the door again, opening it. "You guys finished with your share yet? I'm done, I just cleaned up." She said, acting like she was impatient as she moved into the tavern and out of the way of the door in case anyone happened to get chucked that way.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:44:30 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 02:13:18 AM »
Valius and the others walked out of the tavern, Valius still holding the same bottle since the beginning of the fray. He took a swig. "We're three short, they must have gone after Darius and Clare. They're headed towards Nancy's on the other side of the city... poor [censored], if she knows how to use those knives, they're as good as dead. I know those knives all too well." He unholstered Dio and Provas and displayed them into the sun as they walked to Nancy's. "Dio and Provas have been passed down since the first Knights of Gaia, they're made of the only found supply of Dragonite. Dragonite's the strongest ever made, and they can cut through anything, and they're indestructible. They're infused with runes that'll make sure they never wear down. There was only enough metal to create two sets of short blades, one set for Terra and one set for Celestia. Two daggers and two knives. Those knives she has are Arwyn and Ilyan, though she doesn't know that." They turned a corner to Nancy's Tavern and saw Clare standing over three dead bodies and swords cut up into pieces. "Dang!"

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 02:42:05 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy, Reason: Foul language, partial censoring »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »
Kitt followed behind his father, his hood back up just as his father's was... neither spoke as Valius explained about the Dragonite blades, neither did they speak when they turned the corner to Nancy's tavern, their rangers cloaks fluttering around their legs as they walked. Kitt looked almost identical to his father, so long as size was not taken into acount, and before their whole clan had been killed many had said Kitt would grow up to look just like his dad, another proud Szarda in a line of rangers...

But now, with a bounty on the whole families head, the clan was in ruins. Most had been killed, few lived, indeed the father and son where travelling to find Kitt's mother at that very time, for while they knew that so many where dead, Kitt's father felt that he could not rest without knowing he had tried. Just tried, to bring what was left of the family together...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »
"Dragonite eh, you mean those red rocks back in our cave, Elistra... why didn't you say they could do that?" the figure only shrugged as she kept pace. "I got them from my father, and he didn't want anyone else to have them... now I know why" Talin only returned the shrug as he looked at the sword shards. He picked one up and snapped the piece in his fingers. "The insult, trying to kill us with bargain brand swords..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
Kiana had followed along in silence while Valius spoke. She listened to what he said but it didn't spark her interest much. Weapons just weren't her thing. Her cloak hood was up now, not that it mattered much. This group probably looked suspicious anyway. She looked to where Clare stood and looked at the destroyed swords. Impressed as she was, she said nothing about the matter. No one in this group seemed to be the type to congratulate others, not unless the person was their usual traveling companion or close to them anyway. Her golden eyes seemed to glow in the darkness of her hood as she surveyed the area. It could have been a trick of the contrast between the darkness in the hood and how light her eyes were, or her eyes actually could have been glowing. She didn't know because she never noticed and no one ever mentioned it. Yes, just the contrast of the light and dark.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Valius walked over to the bodies and inspected them. He also inspected the sword shards, a very clean cut, she is indeed the one who inherited the name of Kaelin, and she knows the secret of how to use these knives. He got up and looked at everyone. "So, it seems we've all been followed out here." He fumbled through the closest enemy's clothes and found a necklace and pulled it off the dead body and sighed. "Kyzen. Looks like more are going to be on the way soon. I call a temporary truce until we get clear of them. Anyone up for that?" He took another swig.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:58:07 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
"you stay away from my son, otherwise i have no fight with you or anyone else here..."
The oldest Szarda spoke from beneath his hood, eyes shadowed he stood in front of his son, his hand moved from the hilt of his shortsword to down by his side...

"me and my son both have bounties on our heads, somthing i wish he needn't have to live with at such a young age.... and if it means we get out of here alive, then yes, a truce would be wise...."
with that he returned to his silence, watching from beneath the muted green hood, tail flicking side to side aggitatedly...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 02:20:34 AM »
Talin sighed as he got up and looked around, spotting two more similar looking hooded figures approaching casually. "I'll agree to the truce, but lets be scarce now... patrol coming up behind 'Sir Valius'" He took Elistra by her hand and lead her up the wall, hooking onto the crevices of brick and mortar with his claws. He then reached the top and pulled Elistra up with him. "We shall meet outside the north gate, agreed?" he asked while looking down from the roof.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
Kiana looked at Valius. "Fine by me." She responded to his question. "Anything is better than just wandering around all day every day keeping my head down." She glanced around at the others then back to Valius, her eyes moving down to look at the bodies on the ground. She felt nothing for them. She knew it was part of their job to fight even if it killed them and so did they when they took it. She knew that they would have ended up dead if they had been part of the group that followed her too.
It was weird though. Anyone who looked at her and listened to her now, if they had no knowledge of their own of her being a noble, would think she was nothing out of the ordinary. The regular noble would turn their nose up at the very thought of working with such "filth", something she didn't really consider these people as. There would have been some kind of disgust in her tone when she answered and the reply probably would have ended with something like, "even with the likes of you as my company", but there was no hint of that disgust. No, she wasn't like the other nobles. She didn't desire to be like them. That's why she was the runaway noble mage. That's why she was here.
No, the only thing that bothered her was the drinking. She could knock that bottle out of Valius's hand very easily right now. She wouldn't though, because she didn't feel like upsetting him in anyway. If there was going to be a truce, why start it off by making a drunkard Knight drop his alcohol. She wouldn't do that, she would be nice to him, for now. Still staring at the ground by his feet, she couldn't help but smirk.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:51:54 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
Valius nodded and agreed as everyone scattered and made their way to the rendezvous point via their own paths. He, however, chose to walk through town directly to the north gate. The two figures who spotted them approached him, with swords drawn. Valius took a swig as he unsheathed Valia and cut them both in half at the waist and re-sheathed it without interrupting his step or swing. Before he reached the first gate, he put down his bottle and drew Dio and Provas just in time to block the sword of another assailant jumping from the roof. To his surprise, the sword was still intact. He pulled away and eyed the empty eyes. "Hmm. Much stronger than the others, I pick. I guess you're in charge of this party?" The masked man didn't say anything. "Can't speak? 'Guess I can't expect much from the remnants of the once proud Assassin's Guild. Oh well." He crossed the two daggers at the hilt and chanted softly the ancient incantations on the handles (which is a dead language), and they glowed. "Well, then. Good bye." The daggers glowed and formed blades made of light that extended its existing ones to the length of short swords (about 3 ft). He charged, and in an instant, diced the man and his sword into pieces. The light faded and he re-holstered Dio and Provas. He sighed as he picked up the bottle for another swig, empty. He turned it upside down and looked inside. "Awww, bugger." :(

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 07:50:02 PM »
Kitt and his father made their way through the alleyways of the city, hoods drawn up they walked quickly and quietly...
"Kitt, if ever that Knight tries somthing..."
"...Stick 'im one?"

His father shot him a stare from under his hood, green eyes met amber for a moment...
"no Kitt,just run, and find me..."
He stared into Kitt's amber eyes or a moment longer, he sighed...
"you have your mothers eyes son... i'l always have a part of her in you.."

It was true, for while Kitt was his fathers spitting image when it came to fur colour, and most everything else, all the other Szarda's had green eyes. Kitt's father had married a feline from another clan, and it was her bright amber eyes that Kitt had inherited, that his father had fallen in love with so many years ago...