Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 125941 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #2280 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
Kiana had sort of wished that there had been someone at the checkpoint that she could hurt, but because of destruction she wasn't really surprised that there wasn't anyone alive there. When Korius went around the wall, she waited a moment then went around herself. She didn't enjoy him telling her what do with how angry she was at him still. "I'd rather walk than be told what to do by someone who lies. Don't even know if he can be trusted." She muttered, only clear enough for her to understand. She climbed onto the cart anyway since she didn't have much of a choice.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2281 on: January 30, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
Talin glanced at the bodies when Korius took a moment to apparently sniff the bodies, but was only getting the slight sensation of 'danger' that manifested as an itch at the back of his neck. The sensation got worse as Korius stood up and visibly grit his teeth and ordered Drevo to start driving some armored cart that Korius found. Talin didn't think of anything beyond following Kiana into the cart, and keeping his voulge close in case of a surprise attack.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2282 on: January 31, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
Kitt followed the others into the armored cart and then dropping down onto the floor. There he curled up and pulled his hood over his head, muttering something about grateful for a moment of not having to walk and killing anyone who tried to wake him up without due reason. Evellyn landed beside him and hopped onto his head, taking roost there despite a muttered complaint from beneath the hood.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2283 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
Drevo really didn't want to be caught in the middle of it, but he didn't want to say "no", either. He quickly hopped up on top of the driver's seat and Korius jumped off. "Head straight for the eastern border! Wait for me there!" Korius' eyes glowed as he took a deep breath and the ground crushed a couple inches beneath him and he disappeared, heading straight for the castle at top speed.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2284 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
Kiana watched as Korius disappeared after telling them to meet him at the eastern border. "Are you serious?!" She said angrily. "Where the hell is he going?!" There was a scowl on her face as she looked east. "Sometimes I just..." Her words continued in incoherent muttering as she climbed up onto the roof of the cart. "I would be faster on my feet than on this cart controlled by Mr. Moodswings down there." She thought as she waited for the cart to move.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2285 on: February 02, 2012, 01:31:50 AM »
Talin watched in mild fascination as Korius left, followed by Kiana yelling about the long-gone wolf kin. He moved to the back of the cart when Kiana went to the top, and kept a look-out for the small possibility that a patrol would chase after them. If we're heading to the border after just leaving the checkpoint, then either we're in more danger than we realize, or someone beat us to the Guardian. Well, Korius is probably going to test one of these two possibilities...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:37:25 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2286 on: February 02, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »
With a huffed sigh Kitt pushed up his hood, dislodging Evellyn from where she had settled. The bird gave a disgruntled click of her beak and hopped onto the floor instead which was met with a nod from Kitt. Waiting for the cart to set off he settled into a more comfortable position with his head against his bag and with his bow at his side, falling asleep almost immediately and dreaming about Talin telling him to lift boulders and running, constantly running...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2287 on: March 17, 2012, 11:11:20 PM »
Korius' surroundings were completely blurred in lines, not even in shapes as he maintained his speed, already feeling the strain on his body. For what would take a whole day, he arrived within hours, which at that point, the group's wagon was already half way to a town that was the midway point to the next gate. Korius was sweating and looked around at the deserted castle. Indeed, the gates were not broken or damaged in any way, just left open. He walked in, noticing the world apart scenario. Even the courtyard was torn to pieces, littered with dead bodies all around, in pieces. Korius' stomach churned with disgust and felt like vomiting. However, it wasn't because of the scene or the smell, both of which he had long since been desensitized to, but more so because he recognized the way the bodies were sliced up, and the pattern of the carnage. He walked cautiously around, surveying the bodies and the deep scars within the floors, walls, and environment. He entered inside the castle and stood at the center of the spiral construct. The castle's architecture was separated into two towers connected by a single wall and door. However, the door was torn into pieces, showing that a body, most likely the attacker, was sent flying through them. However, standing at the center of the larger tower, the main hall, Korius could tell what had transpired, and his heart was already racing from the large remainder of Ki hanging in the air. It wasn't condensed, but there was almost no part of the castle it didn't touch, and the sparse remnants could be felt from every pore of Korius' body. The area he was standing in was the only part that was untouched by the devastation. The carved trenches of destruction split off into 9 different directions, in a swirl, making a perfect pattern around him. Even more, the walls all up the tower as far as 15 meters, as well as how far the carves in the ground went. Perfect distance, leading to the 9 breaks in the walls. There's no doubt. It's the shadow element of my own technique. Elistro you bastard... His eyes glowed brighter with his anger and he drew Valia from its holster and roared as a light emanated from him as he unleashed his technique. An explosion roared in the middle of nowhere as the large flash disappeared from no one's sights and cleared out to nothing but a cloud of smoke. Korius' eyes glowed within the dust as it slowly settled, the wolf panting as he was finally starting to calm down. It should be impossible for him to be this strong... something is amiss... After re-holstering Valia, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, and quickly coughed it back up, since it was almost all dust, and calmed himself down after the fit was over. He then ran those same amount of hours straight to the midway town. It was quaint, peaceful, and not super big, but not small, either. He arrived just after the group's wagon, seeing it in the distance, entering the small gates to the community.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2288 on: March 18, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »
Kiana was silent for the whole trip as she sat on the roof of the carriage, her chin resting in one of her hands. Every now and then she would look off to one side or the other, not expecting to see anything but just looking around to occupy herself. The carriage was just crawling along and the time it was taking was driving her crazy. "I definitely could've been there already if I'd gone my own way." She thought to herself at one point. When the gates of the community came into view, her ears perked slightly but went back to their normal state after a second. Once they entered the gates, she immediately got into a crouching position then jumped off the carriage with her staff in hand, starting to walk, glad to be able to move again.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2289 on: March 18, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
Drevo took the reigns of the cart and rode on as instructed. "Yeah yeah..." he grumbled to Korius after getting the orders. The rest of the day he said nothing, wishing he had some sake to help with the day long journey. By the time they got through the town gates he felt cramped up from having not moved much on the journey, not to mention standing up leaving his butt to get sore. He stopped a little ways passed the gate and hopped off to stretch.

"We're here." he spoke as he bent backwards to crack his back. He turned his head to the direction Korius was in before looking back to the cart.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2290 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »
Kitt glanced up as the cart jolted to a halt. He sat huddled in one corner of the wagon, flicking slowly through pages in his ranger's handbook. He remained staring at a page on how to track during heavy rain then closed the book with a snap. With a yawn Kitt slipped the book into his bag and stood up to stretch.

With a flick of his tail he jumped down out of the cart beside Drevo, holding a hand out for Evellyn to land on with a flutter of her wings. He put a hand on the pommel of his sword and pulled his hood up.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2291 on: March 19, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »
Talin, after an hour or so, had dozed off when he couldn't see anyone approach the cart. He had no dreams, just the uneven bumps that kept him from going into deeper sleep. He was still at the back of the cart, so when the cart jerked to a complete halt, Talin hit the back of his head against the floor of the cart. He spent half a minute registering that not only was he on the floor, but that the cart had stopped. "Oh, I guess we've stopped at the border?" He got up and looked around, then frowned, still oblivious to the idea that they have not reached the border. "Funny, I thought there would be a wall at the border... not a town..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2292 on: March 19, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
It wasn't more than an hour that they arrived, did Korius catch up with them. His legs wobbled a bit since it still took a while longer to get here due to his fatigue from the trip TO the castle. However, he didn't let it show and joined up with the group. "We'll head straight for the inn for now. I've at least taken care of our monetary concerns. The least I can do is feed you all well for a night." His cloak covered his hands, but Korius had taken Kirch's golden anklets and bracers, worth enough to feed an entire small village.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2293 on: March 19, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »
Kiana didn't pay much attention to what Korius had to say when he finally showed up. The only words that really registered were "inn" and "feed." Once they started off towards the inn, she followed along without saying a word. Even after a day of riding on a carriage, she was still irritated about the fact that Korius wasn't telling them something and was out right lying about it as well. Maybe her mood would improve after she had a good meal in her stomach, but she doubted it.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2294 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
Talin hopped out of the cart, his interest piqued at Korius speaking of "inn" and "feed" as well. He went to several stalls with the hopes of getting weights to help increase Kitt's strength and stamina, but all that was there was food and lightweight trinkets. He tried to sense for anything unusual about the trinkets, but nothing stood out any more than what the average person could point out...