The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Identity Theft  (Read 581 times)

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
Identity Theft
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:37:22 AM »
I found out today someone, somewhere stole one of my mother's credit card numbers and used it to buy 15 shares of 150 worth of games on Facebook.

At least the card was already deactivated.

I just want to remind everyone to BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Identity Theft
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 04:06:35 AM »
Yeah, be careful around sketchy family owned gas stations as well. You look away for a second, and they'll swipe your card under the table to steal the number. It's happened 3-4 times to my dad and mom. Someone spent $500 on gas in Alberta using their cards.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Identity Theft
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:23:15 AM »
I know it sounds paranoid... but if you do not know the people you're dealing with personally, watch what they do with your card. If they go at it for more than 1 minute, then check your balance. If worse comes to worse, stick to debit and also carry only cash you intend to use.