The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: parents, divorce, my problem  (Read 585 times)

Offline Cyrocco

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • *BORED* W.M. N.J.
    • My myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: 3/4 fox 1/4 husky
  • Coloring: just look at mah pic XD
  • Height: fursona+me: 5'9
  • Weight: fursona:165lbs Me: 197lbs
  • Build: fursona:see pic. Me: some extra baggage DX
parents, divorce, my problem
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:48:57 AM »
so my dad left about a year ago to live with his Girlfriend. he has been cutting my mom off from money every now and then, for reasons unknown, I live with my mom, and we are fairly poor. she works a part time job a walmart so we don't get a lot of income. so we kinda depend on my dad for money. they aren't divorced quite yet but ... Well that's a long story kinda irrelevant. But my dad ranked up his credit cards and put a lean on the house to clear them, then he leaves with this biker chick.... My parents now are constantly pumping me with propaganda against the other and I don't know what to do, I've tried telling them off, I tried telling them not to involve me but they don't listen they always bring up "your father did this" "oh your mother is such a ...." and it never stops, I'm ready to rip my skull apart. I have enough personal problems as it is and I don't need their fight to become my problem. I even did background research with their friends to find out or at least try to tell who's telling the truth about the other and neither of them are, and I still don't know much about this whole money business that dads shorting us money to pay the loan. I just want it to all stop. what should I do. Neither of them get it, that I don't want to be involved, when I tell my dad he says "you should stay out of it its not your fight" then he drags me back in asking a lot of personal questions about what moms up to. and when I tell my mom to keep me out of it "she does a guilt trip on how she's alone how I hate her and dishoned her and how, she's just gunna give up and let dad take the house or something,.... it's that guilt trip.... that I don't need especially b.c. I'm gunna be a senior in Highschool you know the supposed best year of my life... So what do I do How do I get them to stop dragging me into this. Because I don't sleep anymore wondering if dad really is trying to take the house, or if my mom is lying to me like she did with my brother (my brother didn't talk to his father for ten years b.c. of moms propaganda and it was all lies) so with this from dads side and moms side I just want to stay out of this..... how do I make them stop dragging me in the middle???

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: parents, divorce, my problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:06:46 AM »
Honestly, if I were in that situation, I'd probably just stop talking entirely whenever something like that came up, and just not say a word. Eventually they'd probably get the message. But I dunno if that's really the best way to go.

Maybe if there's someone you know that both of your parents can respect and listen to (a neutral party), they could talk to your parents on your behalf.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Cyrocco

• Boisterous Bear
  • *BORED* W.M. N.J.
    • My myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 06:19:28 AM »
they are completely opposite people, with complete opposite friends, it's kin of funny how they lasted this long and had me >.>;

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »
I agree with Zeph about just going silent when they bring that stuff. It's what I would do. Or just walk away.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
they are completely opposite people, with complete opposite friends, it's kin of funny how they lasted this long and had me >.>;

My ex-gf and my parents are opposites (still married for 25 years). Opposites attract...not for long I guess.

But I wouldn't say remain silent because they'll just keep ranting on and on. It never worked for me. But I think Zeph's idea for someone speaking on your behalf is a good idea.

Offline Cyrocco

• Boisterous Bear
  • *BORED* W.M. N.J.
    • My myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
I got one of my mom's friends to talk to mom about how she can't make her problems mine, but it only works till "dad does something to her...." and I don't know any of my dads friends well enough to get them to talk to him about it. and to be honest I don't think dad will get the Idea even if he tries, due to the lack of brain cells in his head. (no seriously, he's an alcoholic and has been doing every drug imaginable since he was 14, not surre if he still can do it b.c. he's diabetic but w.e.)

Post Merge: August 20, 2009, 06:41:57 PM
THIS JUST IN! my mom called from work, she said dad's coming over tonight, since he talked to her and not me about it i know this is going to get messy.... I have to go to work now and I feel like I gotta vom. great....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:41:57 PM by Dirge »