The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: CSI  (Read 1351 times)

Offline FireFox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Drive fast waste gas!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red back with a tanish stomach, paws are the oranges and furry
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: muscle
Re: CSI
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
i know it made me really mad to watch that
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\nIMVU:Furrybro\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »
I saw it, too. Although I don't really remember if it shed a bad light on all furries, but you guys are telling me they did. I hate it when people make episodes to shows when they don't have their facts straight.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
the most flattering character in it that i can remember is a balding, glasses wearing, middle aged man who dresses as a blue bikini model cat.

CSI is always like that. If you had believed that then you would probably also have believed that game companies create games directly ordering impressionable "youths" to kill others to get publicise their games. sci-fi didnt fare too well either (grown men living with their mother), nor did battling robots (over-macho men / geeks)
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'll walk this path ahead treaded by the forgotten
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, tainted to ivory at ends
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Build: athletic with supernaturaI agilty.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »
Everybody has been talking about this infamous episode and I wan't to see it too. Any way to see it without just sitting around... you know waiting for it to come back on?

Offline FireFox

• Avid Aardvark
  • Drive fast waste gas!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red back with a tanish stomach, paws are the oranges and furry
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: muscle
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 02:54:40 AM »
yeah i can get you a link to watch i, its a bit laggy though...

http://watchxonline.com/media/2073-csi-406-jackpot.php    it says episode 406 but its really the furry one
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\nIMVU:Furrybro\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n

Offline Szhival

• Avid Aardvark
  • Red Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Red, duuh ;3
  • Height: 140
  • Weight: 45
  • Build: Nothing special
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 03:01:54 AM »
I heard about that episode many times, yet never really cared to watch it. I don't care that much, what a fictional TV show has to say about furries.

On the other side, I loved the episode about Second Life, laught the whole time ;3
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:07:10 AM by Szhival »
The homosexual has been a
significant part of human sexual
activity ever since the dawn of
history, primarily because it is an
expression of capacities that are
basic in the human animal.

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'll walk this path ahead treaded by the forgotten
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, tainted to ivory at ends
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Build: athletic with supernaturaI agilty.
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 03:06:03 AM »
I always loved that episode too, but I only got to see part one.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 04:18:13 AM »
I kinda want to see it now...youtube. I need to see how bad it really is before I can make a comment.

Post Merge: July 28, 2009, 06:44:18 AM
K well I saw the whole thing on Youtube (yes it is all there) and to me...it just seems like another CSI episode. I was never a fan of that show, let alone ANY dramas with 1 hour episodes but I thought the whole furry thing was a bit rediculous. It kinda made furs look like weird perverted retards...Then again, a lot of CSI is like that. When I looked at all the comments I was glad to see a lot of non-furs standing up for furries. They know that the episode is no where near realistic.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:44:18 AM by Spike_Vicious »

Offline Vamp

• Off-The-Wall Guy
  • Foxy Fox
  • It's meh!
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black feathers, green eyes
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 06:47:58 AM »
what really irks me is the fact that the scenario was one furry killing another! We all accept each other! Where do they get off sayin' stuff about us that isn't even factually close!? And then there go a step further over the line and classify us as some fetish freaks! I'm totally writing a letter!

Pet's name: Sion
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
"I used to be a freak, now I'm a freak with a camera."

"If I had a dime for every time I made sense, I'd be broke"

My Steam  : Vamp Altum

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
ok, i guess i'm going to come off as the jerk with this response....

People, It is fiction based in truth. Yes, there are some that get off on the entire fetish of wearing suits while... yeah, in the moment, which i dont understand 'cause it would mess up the suit and stain it, not only stink it up. Also, some people like to get revenge, they are called a'holes. And some people are womanizing doorknobs, they are also called A'holes. and then there are drunk old truckers that shoot at anything that moves, they are called republicans. combine all of them and throw in the girl who slept with another man who never had any bad intentions... and you get the messed up mix up. The wolf guy only wanted to get Rocky (he's the only one whose name i can remember 'cept for sexy *shudder urk*) sick because he was sleeping with his (wolf suit guys) girlfriend. So... he stuck some drugs on the back of sexy cat (the blue flamy thing) and that got rocky sick. so..... the girl picks him up, thinks hes drunk and drops him off on the high way cause shes pissed. idiot republican saw him and thought it was a coyote (he was actually puking all over the inside of his fursuit because he wasnt going to take off the mask so the suit isnt ruied) and then shoots him. welll...... girl realizes oh poop, what if hes sick not drunk? turns around, runs him down without reason because she was freaking out and he stumbled in front of the car while she was going like... 60-70?mph then she freaked out again and front ended a semi.

there was no fur on fur violence per say, just fur on fur revenge, which happens a lot. any way.... it was pretty well written, and probably has happened minus the car crash/getting shot by a republican. yeah. umm.... csi miami is better.
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »
When I looked at all the comments I was glad to see a lot of non-furs standing up for furries. They know that the episode is no where near realistic.

It just warms my heart to see stuff like that.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 07:38:28 PM »
. and then there are drunk old truckers that shoot at anything that moves, they are called republicans

LOL that just made my day!!!
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »
umm.... csi miami is better.
That's like losing a marathon against steven hawking.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline artimus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 189
  • Build: Average build, fairly skinny.
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »
I'd like to note something real quick, sorry that this is a month late.

The name of the episode is "Fur and Loathing". Well, the title is a take of the name of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" based on the book of the same name by Hunter S. Thompson. The book is a part of the legacy that is Gonzo journalism, a journalism style that promotes style over accuracy.

Now, as we know, the furs depicted are the tiny percentage of real furs. a small percentage shown as if they're the majority of the fandom. In other words, the episode promotes sensationalism and style over accuracy.

Does anyone find this as a satire of either Gonzo journalism or the close-mindedness that nobody understood because of how obscure it is? I'd like to to think so.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
It may have been a parody but the obscurity and the wide ranging audience means that it falls flat and only helps to sensationalise.