The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Swine Flu Outbreak!!!  (Read 3430 times)

Scyler

Swine Flu Outbreak!!!
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:10:57 AM »
Yep. The swine flu broke out in my area. It originated in the Schertz-Cibolo area and made it's way down to New Braunfels, Texas. I don't have the disease, but it's screwing up my regular lifestyle anyways. School has been cancelled until May 11th and I'm not allowed to do much outside of going to work. I can't really go out and socialize anymore.

Discuss.

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
Re: Swine Flu Outbreak!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:23:22 AM »
Its breaking out near where i live too, nothing seems to have closed down yet, but when and if they do, ill be ready, but not worried. no im not worried very much because A: its much more mild up where i am, and B: i dont have a point B yet, either way im not that worried, we humans always seem to survive
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Lumi

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Lumi <-- Kazu <-- Grimsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Weird Glowing Stoat
  • Coloring: See picture above
  • Height: not too tall
  • Weight: not much
  • Build: agile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:53:08 AM »
I think it's going to take ages for the disease to reach this backwoods country or at least i hope so....

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:03:55 AM »
its in Australia to now, first they thought that 4 people might have it (2 days ago) and now its 88.
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »
I have full confidence that the World Governments will ultimately be able to eradicate this filthy little agitation, and I hope that the people will remain calm as the disease is being purged from existence.

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
ROFL i went to the medical center today (checkup on my back), and its completely full with people wanting the vaccination.......which doesn't exist
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »
It hasn't broken out in my area yet, so I still have to go to school :umm: so yea...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:27:53 AM »
the last time a checked 50 people have a mild case of it in the us, but that was yesterday. the flu is a great virus (i mean what it does is bad, but it's well suited to survival, i mean we have vaccines for most strains, but there is that .1% of the strains that don't die and they reproduse and make a new stronger strain and they survive, and the old vaccine dosen't work on it. come on thats pretty cool and amazing that one solitary strand of RNA can survive so well in out modern world. unlike mezels (i think this is the one) that we completly wiped out, it couldn't adapt fast enough to survive.)

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 12:15:33 PM »
No matter how sophisticated these things can get, they are still worthless single-celled organisms that can never even begin to hope for a long life, not while Humans are around to stamp them out, and back into the Fiery Pits from whence they came. Humanity will not tolerate the existence of this swine flu, and like all things deemed unworthy to live at our feet, they will be wiped out for the good of Mankind.

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online
  • I have found my light, so let him come to me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black and Red
  • Height: 175 cm (5' 74")
  • Weight: 62 kg (139 lbs)
  • Build: Muscular...ish
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
I think it's going to take ages for the disease to reach this backwoods country or at least i hope so....
Holy schiscamagizzles! Just noticed, you're from Finland! Woo!  Well, as Grimsy said, hasn't spread here yet.

Giruuuuuu!

Scyler

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
No matter how sophisticated these things can get, they are still worthless single-celled organisms that can never even begin to hope for a long life, not while Humans are around to stamp them out, and back into the Fiery Pits from whence they came. Humanity will not tolerate the existence of this swine flu, and like all things deemed unworthy to live at our feet, they will be wiped out for the good of Mankind.

You know, you can call it worthless all you like, but I'm going to laugh if it gets you. Just because of the sheer irony of the situation. I'm not saying that I hope you get it, I'm just going to laugh if you do. And, if humans are around to stamp out diseases, then why can't we cure cancer, aids or even the common cold? I'm just saying, maybe we could learn more about diseases if we weren't so quick to rub them out. Not that I want diseases to run rampant, I just think we should study things like how they can rapidly reproduce and clone themselves. If we could harness that power, we could end world hunger and many other important issues like that.

Offline Lumi

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Lumi <-- Kazu <-- Grimsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Weird Glowing Stoat
  • Coloring: See picture above
  • Height: not too tall
  • Weight: not much
  • Build: agile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
You know, you can call it worthless all you like, but I'm going to laugh if it gets you. Just because of the sheer irony of the situation. I'm not saying that I hope you get it, I'm just going to laugh if you do. And, if humans are around to stamp out diseases, then why can't we cure cancer, aids or even the common cold? I'm just saying, maybe we could learn more about diseases if we weren't so quick to rub them out. Not that I want diseases to run rampant, I just think we should study things like how they can rapidly reproduce and clone themselves. If we could harness that power, we could end world hunger and many other important issues like that.
You are absolutely correct
Words of wisdom my friend, words of wisdom

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »
Yeah they cancelled the Regional Track meet for my region and postponed the State UIL meet here in Texas. I am in school still and those things are important to me but not as important as saving lives.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »

scy, we already do study them, there is a big resherch company employed by the us government that is studying virusus. some people don't even believe that virusus are living, they are just codes of RNA, they get into a cell (because they are so small they can slip right into the phospho lipid bi layer) head to the neculus and instead of the regular cell's DNA being copyed, the virus gets copyed, then teh cell just keeps copying the virus over and over untill the cell explodes and sends all the copys of the virus out in all directions, each infecting other cells. (at least thats the simplifyed version from my teacher) so technically the virusus are just codes of RNA, and then this gets into what classifys a living organism. must it be a cell? then what is a virus if it's not living? so many questions.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »
Yeah...I just heard today that there are cases in Maine now, in Kennebec County and York County.
I live in Sagadahoc County which is right beside Kennebec County, so yeah...
I'm kind of tempted to go buy some surgical masks, especially since I have to deal with people's bottles and cans for the next three days. >_>
But I'm a very paranoid person. lol.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown