The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Swine Flu Outbreak!!!  (Read 3432 times)

Scyler

Re: Swine Flu Outbreak!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 07:51:24 PM »
No matter how sophisticated these things can get, they are still worthless single-celled organisms that can never even begin to hope for a long life, not while Humans are around to stamp them out, and back into the Fiery Pits from whence they came. Humanity will not tolerate the existence of this swine flu, and like all things deemed unworthy to live at our feet, they will be wiped out for the good of Mankind.

You know, you can call it worthless all you like, but I'm going to laugh if it gets you. Just because of the sheer irony of the situation. I'm not saying that I hope you get it, I'm just going to laugh if you do. And, if humans are around to stamp out diseases, then why can't we cure cancer, aids or even the common cold? I'm just saying, maybe we could learn more about diseases if we weren't so quick to rub them out. Not that I want diseases to run rampant, I just think we should study things like how they can rapidly reproduce and clone themselves. If we could harness that power, we could end world hunger and many other important issues like that.

scy, we already do study them, there is a big resherch company employed by the us government that is studying virusus. some people don't even believe that virusus are living, they are just codes of RNA, they get into a cell (because they are so small they can slip right into the phospho lipid bi layer) head to the neculus and instead of the regular cell's DNA being copyed, the virus gets copyed, then teh cell just keeps copying the virus over and over untill the cell explodes and sends all the copys of the virus out in all directions, each infecting other cells. (at least thats the simplifyed version from my teacher) so technically the virusus are just codes of RNA, and then this gets into what classifys a living organism. must it be a cell? then what is a virus if it's not living? so many questions.

You misinterpreted what I said. Besides, I already know how they rapidly multiply. I'm just saying that if we could harness how they multiply, we could easily use that power for many things. I learned the process of how they multiply almost three years ago. I've known plenty of information on them. I know that we study them constantly, but I think we shouldn't study THEM so much as WHAT they do.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 10:40:26 PM »
As a friend of mine said... "Right when we thought avian flu was the worst thing out there.. THE PIGS MADE THEIR MOVE!"

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Kid Jojo™

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • .....I miss You.....
    • ....homepage..
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Wolf/Blue Panda/Dragon
  • Coloring: Blue/ Light Blue /Black /White
  • Height: 4'8"
  • Weight: 72lb.
  • Build: normal kiddie build
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »
Yep...We have a few kids at my school here in Tennessee..One of 'em's mah friend...But I'm not even gonna BEGIN to give an opinion about the scientists or how they work like they do.....it just seems too complicated for me...=_=.......

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
As a friend of mine said... "Right when we thought avian flu was the worst thing out there.. THE PIGS MADE THEIR MOVE!"
Oh great...only a matter of time until our dogs and cats make their move as well >.<
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 01:48:59 AM »
It just made it to Philly =[ this stuff is serious! I'm actually scared  :'(
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:24 AM »
Yeah...I just heard today that there are cases in Maine now, in Kennebec County and York County.
I live in Sagadahoc County which is right beside Kennebec County, so yeah...
I'm kind of tempted to go buy some surgical masks, especially since I have to deal with people's bottles and cans for the next three days. >_>
But I'm a very paranoid person. lol.

Wait it's in Maine now, only a matter of time till it reaches New Jersey...........

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 01:52:51 AM »
I'm just curious, has it hit anywhere near Florida yet...because I really don't see that many people sick in my area....
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:53:58 AM »
If it ends up in Jersey, canceled school or not, i'll be miffed...... cause people i'm friends with could come down with it.....

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »
Its in the new jersey, delaware, and Philadelphia area.  :'(

I'm just curious, has it hit anywhere near Florida yet...because I really don't see that many people sick in my area....

nah i dont think it has.

Post Merge: April 30, 2009, 01:55:23 AM
well if i heard correctly its in those areas.

Scyler

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 01:55:29 AM »
Oh great...only a matter of time until our dogs and cats make their move as well >.<

Don't talk such rot! The bunnies are next in line to try eradicating us! XD

Oh, and it's no longer called Swine Flu in America. The government calls it the H1-M1 Virus. Apparently, Europe decided not to allow any of our exported pork product because they thought you could get the swine flu from eating pork. So, the government changed the name to keep the virus from affecting our economy.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 01:56:11 AM »

nah i dont think it has.

Post Merge: April 30, 2009, 01:55:23 AM

Well when it gets major, until then my county is relatively safe..... for now.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 01:56:31 AM »
*******...thats a bitter-sweet feeling...being away from the flu, but friends are not.... :'(

Watch your language.
Jesse
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:12:42 PM by Jesse Kaintuck »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »
Bunnies spreading diseases, please. It's obviously going to be Deer flu next season

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:58 AM »

nah i dont think it has.

Post Merge: April 30, 2009, 10:55:23 AM

Well when it gets major, until then my county is relatively safe..... for now.

yea mine too.

.thats a bitter-sweet feeling...being away from the flu, but friends are not.... :'(

yea i wish it wasnt near me... i'm  :'(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:13:05 PM by Jesse Kaintuck »

Scyler

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:13 AM »
Bunnies spreading diseases, please. It's obviously going to be Deer flu next season

Nah, hunters like me will stop that uprising. But squirrels have a good shot at pulling it off.