The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Nerve of .....  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Sciurus niger aka Fox Squirrel
  • Coloring: cream belly, grey overall, dark chocolate/black markings
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 140lbs/changes
Re: The Nerve of .....
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
My mom didnt do that but still expects me to do it cause shes stuck in all the hype about unmarried teens getting pregnant and the men leaving them and their lives sucking after the fact, etc, etc, etc. My mom is also still nervous about me getting "kidnapped" or raped. Mothers are overprotective of their daughters. Just because her fate resulted in a certain situation doesnt mean yours will. And just because you become intimate with someone doesnt automatically mean a baby will be produced from it as long as protection is used. When I was 16/17 I had a curfew of 6-7pm even if I was the next street over at a friends house.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »
yea.... Bed at 7:30 weekdays, 8:30 on weekends... It's a royal pain to have to plan everything two weeks ahead of time as well... Now I remember why I don't bother having friends..
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 02:38:17 AM »
Jeez, I remember things like that only not that bad. My bedtime was 9, but I think that was mostly cause of the job I worked. How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 03:27:42 AM »
   Ahh...family members....Now that I reflect upon it I remember all the times I gotten mad over my siblings.  My mother and her boyfriend buy my little brother anything he wants because he is a budding fisherman while I ask for some simple hiking boots and I get chewed out for not doing something productive.  Or when I am working around the house and I take a break I get yelled at for being lazy while my little brother the fat slob lays on the couch watching TV eating my food... Funny thing is that he tries to act tough and tries to start fights with me but he knows that I can easily beat him to the ground but he will just tattle. 

Thats why I choose to ignore people half the time and one of the main reasons I am so anti-social
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
Yea, family has a way of disappointing you... I'm fifteen, by the way. I can't way until May 9th though...!~
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »
That puts things into better perspective for me knowing your age and what generally you can or cant do.... ya 15 sucked for me too, similar things for me as well... glad to be older... I still dont have as much freedom as Id like to since I do live with my parents still.... economy is blah right now and apartments are so expensive where I live. Plus I still go to school.

Offline Tyla

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
The joys of being an only child. :D

I've really got nearly no restrictions. If I wanted to drink or smoke... I'd be allowed to. I don't though. As long as it isn't in the way of the law (even though my parents do think of them as useless in some areas, step-dad got beaten up with no police assisting and he got helped by a bystander after being kicked in, and it was the same when I got kicked in except the person didn't get in trouble despite having 3 offenses that were a lot less hurtful than an attack), I'd be allowed to do it outside of very few things.

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 01:40:21 AM »
Being 17 and all puts alot of stress on me about next year, got to find a college, sscholarships and grants, living and job and transportation.  All my family is doing right now is just adding on stress and eventually it will be the straw that broke the camel's back.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 02:21:39 PM »
Yes... the lovely stress factor. All I can really do is listen to music when I'm tricked, turn it up so you can't hear me, and scream curses at anything and anyone that comes to mind. Afterward, I talk to y'all. Because I love you guys. :) And it ticks my mom off when I hide up in my room and refuse to see her. Funnier than anything else I can do to them... Except the ex-lax in Papa's milk... ~grins~
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
  • Squishydoll by Rigor, animated by FurryLAE
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Lupis Arctos (Arctic Wolf/ White Wolf/ Polar Wolf)
  • Coloring: I'm all white, but the color of my wings depends on my mood... the color of my eyes changes with my wings, too. The eyes are usually blue, though.
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Lean and athletic, but not to the extreme body-builder type.
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
Older siblings, let me say something for the younger ones, since I'm a younger sibling.  Every time I came home, my big brother was in a bunch of trouble with either his friends, my parents, or the police.  I never did anything bad, and I always did what I was told.  My brother would always get me to do his chores, regardless of how horrible they were, or how much my parents yelled at him to do them himself.  On weekends, my brother would come home drunk or high or something else, and he would come into my room at 3 in the morning and wake me up by either jumping on my bed or smacking me around.  As a younger sibling, I'm always compared to my brother.  My parents look at him and see an awesome person, but I look at him and see him for what he really is:  A narcissistic, headstrong, manipulative, jerk.  He may have had more than one job at a time and maintained a gpa of of 2.2 (I got yelled at if my gpa dropped below a 3.5), and he may have been a volunteer fireman (I STILL volunteer at the hospital a few towns over, but my parents yell at me for inconveniencing THEM by having them drive me...), but he also got banned from volunteering at the fire house because he showed up to a fire call drunk, cut class every day to smoke, and was kicked out of college for selling drugs.  Now, tell me.  Who do you think should be compared to who?  Because I don't think that it's fair that my brother dodges every bullet that comes his way and lets it hit me, and that I have to work 4 times as hard to get only HALF of what he gets.

Offline Matt Prower

• Avid Aardvark
  • Two Tailed Spearfox
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: Two Tailed Fox
  • Coloring: Light brown with white around the mouth
  • Build: Normal build
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »
Im another one who has a younger brother. I may be seen as the good one by my mum and dad, but when they're not exactly around, my brother tries to put me down, make me feel small and upset me. He usually likes to pick on the fact that im a huge tails fan  :'( . If i wanted to, i'd hit him, but if i did, he'd do what most of you said your brother/sister would do, tattle on me, or make a loud enough noise so that it seems worse than it is. So i get yelled at more than him. Because of that, it seems he wants to get me blamed when it could have also been his fault. I ignore him as much as i can, but sometimes it's too much for me  :'( . I'll be glad when i move out, to get away from him
"Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing, teach me wrong form right, and show me what i can be.."- Savin' Me=Nickelback

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »
Eh, I've gotten over everything, because. regardless of how how it may be to accept it, I can't change the way they treat me or how they see me. If my family sees me as a slob and a lazy sac of dirt, so be it. There is nothing I will do to change their minds. Nor do I care what they think of me anymore. I'm tired of trying to measure up to someone else and trying to make myself feel better by finding faults in others. That is NOT who I am and I am NOT going to act this way any longer.

Besides, if I have to change myself to make you happy, you're not worth my time. ^P^
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
The older sibling tends to push the younger sibling around, and the younger sibling is normally backed by the parents.  I get the best of both worlds.  My parents love to tease my little brother and say that they love me more.   :-[

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »
ha ha. I am now the oldest one in the house and my parents are starting to drop on the pressure. But I have to pressure myself to do things they don't ask me to do to make a good example for the younger ones who play in my house to look up to. You know the saying, 'chip on your shoulder'? That's me.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 11:39:48 PM »
There are so many things, I mean I could probably write a 10 page letter of all the things that my parents have done to me which have caused me to suppress my anger, frustration, sadness, hatred, and every other emotion I could possibly attain. The only thing I can feel when I'm around them is an emotionless hate.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer