The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How you became a Furry...  (Read 6974 times)

Offline Fell

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Catch me red-handed only if my palms are bleedin'
    • Westfinder: Who needs a compass?
    • Awards
Re: How you became a Furry...
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 01:50:52 AM »
Well then, here's mine. :3

My story is a little odd for a lot of reasons... some things might not connect right (some I still don't understand, and others I would prefer not to share...) so I'm sorry for that. : P Anyway!

I'm a jaguar therian, so acting animalistic was never unfamiliar to me. I ran around on four legs far, far longer than anyone else I know of did (9-10 is when it faded out). I could walk, sure, but I didn't like it as much. I preferred my four feet over my two. And, of course, I would RP animals all the time. I always wanted to be the animal - always. Jungle Book was one of my favourite things to RP, and I had a large collection of plastic animals that we would create intricate stories with. As soon as I could draw, I would make up animals and draw those. I also drew anthro animals constantly. Good times.

When I was 12, two things happened. I awoke to my therianism. It wasn't a big thing to me. It explained what I'd been going through forever, as well as showed me that I wasn't alone. I liked that... I would wear cat ears and tails often, and I hennaed jaguar spots onto myself in the summer. It was partially out of a desire to be inhuman, and party out of a desire to bring myself closer to my life totem - also the jaguar, oddly. The other thing that happened was I had my first RP character that was a part of me. Her name was Krystal, and she was an anthro fox.

A lot of stuff happened between 12 and 16, but suffice to say that it helped in its own way. I had been wearing my animal apparel often, been drawing them quite a lot and really been a furry all along. And then I joined my first furry community. I knew about the furry fandom - I just had to admit it to myself first. So I joined, and I fell in love. It was another group of people kind of like me! :3

And I'm still here today.

Still, it took a good deal of... Well, luck, really, to find my fursona. I'm not a very... easily represented, if you will, person, even with all the options the furry community offers. So, while I loved a great deal of the characters I had, I rather gave up on ever having a real fursona. About a week after I'd given up, I drew something in English class. A catboy, sort of. More importantly, a *Cheshire* Catboy. And from there, things just fell into place. It was really nice, finally being able to say "Hi, I'm Alcide - a Cheshire Cat." And, of course, now I know what sort of costume I want to make! X3
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:56:44 AM by Fell »
-Kai

Offline Maxis29

• Founder of the furry forums
  • Donator
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am in the shadows, watching yous O.O
    • Furry Forums
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red & White
  • Height: 6'2
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »
aww. love your story! So glad you found your fursona in the end :3

Offline FuzzlePup

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 09:20:47 PM »
I uh.....found some pictures  :bubbles:

Offline BlackwidowX745

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 06:20:51 AM »
.... Black Widow miss spelled my name.

I really never like the disney stuff, books and Tama and Friends turned me furry, and maybe a little bit of  Tom and Jerry  :-*

Running around on all fours is fun! i still do  =3 wearing my paws, tail, legs and ears... My family thinks im a Psycho and so does the whole school  ^_^V

i fixed your name Naim now fix mine its Blackwidow not Black Widow thx XD

Offline Arjuna

• Avid Aardvark
  • RAWRRR!!! I'm a Pretty Kitty!!
    • IMVU
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2007, 04:17:08 AM »
  :peek: When I was little I used to run around barking and howling. When I got older I started liking big cats, Tigers being my favorite. In school I used to sit and draw animals(until my teacher got mad, flipped my desk over and threw out all my drawings) I've always loved animals I grew up with them, when I was younger I used to bring home strays or if someone I knew didn't want their pets I'd take them. I even went to the poultry slaughter house and brought home chicks, ducklings, and a few quail( I didn't have enough money to get the bunnies) I would then take care of them and find suitable homes for them all. At one point we had:

2 parakeets
4 quail
6 dogs
3 cats
1 tarantula
2 geckos
1 ferret
2 chicks
1 duckling
1 ball python(still have him)
1 iguana

I just couldn't help seeing an animal out in the streets or be witness to one thats about to be abondoned.
My family thinks I'm an oddball.
You must love yourself,  before you can love others.

Offline Undead Angel Cat

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2007, 04:19:35 AM »
I've always loved and admired cats. But I've always been a Sonic person. Guess I always wondered if I could become some kind of Furry, or "mobian" if you will, what would I be? What powers/abilities would I have?
I also decided to turn a character and a concept into a furry.
It's all very complicated though, I'm not sure how it all happened.
I'm just...me. And that's it. And I indentify myself with the cat. So there you go.
I think. oO
Well anyway, I've always been a cat nut.  If I play in an RPG I always look for a cat-race to play if it's available. I indentify myself with cats. But I think it's really being in the Sonic Fandom that got me into it.
Of course I don't like Sonic as much as I used to though...
Edit: Of course I used to ask what kind of animal I would be to people. Maybe that's part of the contributing factor :p
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:44:07 PM by Undead Angel Cat »
"Grrrrrrreatings frrrrriend"
(AKA SilverFlameFelinox on IMVU!)
-----------------------------------------------
Would you like to learn more about those "Mormons?"
Wondering what the heck I'm talking about when I say I'm "LDS?"
Would you like to know the true nature of God?
The meaning of life?
What'll happen when I die?
All that good stuff?
Check out: www.mormon.org today and Learn about the fullness of the Gospal! ^_^
We are the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints! ^_^
Remember: Salvation is free! Don't delay. Learn about the love of Christ today! ^_^

Offline Ryasa

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: Peachy-creamy-brown fur.
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »
Nobody made me. I found out last year that I was a furry for about 10 years.  o.O I had and still have a thing for Miles "Tails" Prower.  :upupdi3:

Offline Kage

• Dancing Dragon
  • The Red Werewolf
    • Kage's journal
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Tan, dark gray-brown on back and shoulders, cream on belly
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »
Well then, here's mine. :3

[....]

Rawr! It's another Therian *pounce*

<Noey> Well call me Sally and beat me with a tea-kettle

Offline FoxyMcCloud

• Im watching you O.O
  • Foxy Fox
  • Just add water!
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxtaur
  • Coloring: The usual red fox colors.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Sturdy, yet slim.
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2007, 08:37:28 PM »
Well, all my life I have been interested in animals. I think it was when I was around 3 or so that I started to draw anthros(even though I didnt know it was called that). Whenever my friends were over at my house, I begged them to play dog/cat/fox/whatever I had on the mind. Just last year I started to l00k up gene transfering because of a book I read, and came across some cartoons and comics with "furries". I have had an account on imvu for a while, but had gotten bored with what they had to offer and I wanted something NEW...I was searching for fox one day on the catalog page and came across waltzing mouses "fox skin". I wore that for awhile, until I found one of razi's furs. I went to look at her catalog and was amazed! My dreams had half-way come true! (ask me for the other half xD) I immediately bought the bundle and have been an fox ever since!
"i r guy who gon t33ch you less0n" ~ Master Chief - Arby 'n' The Chief

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2007, 02:00:16 AM »
hmm.... now that I though about it alot of the credit goes to Disney movies my family collected foreign and american disney movies my favorite was Robin Hood and fox and the hound.  Later when I was about 8-10 I started watching digimon and immediatly loved the digimon characters.  My favorite digimon has I mean has to be Renamon.  Later When I was about 12 or so I started watching wolf's rain  but the real takeoff to furry obsession was when I joined imvu after being disappointed from a few games I looked at razi's skins I was immediately in love.  I bought Black males wolves skin and immediatley loved the feeling.  My very first friend when I started was a kitsune and that really inspred me to become a furry and here i am now with furry forums.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.