The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How you became a Furry...  (Read 6787 times)

Offline Naim Raine

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hope Distled By Fear
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver, White (Black and Red Hair)
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Skinny and non-muscular but still moderately well built
How you became a Furry...
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »
Well Heres my story:

When I was a little kid i used to watch "Tama and Friends" Which is a show about cats and thier dog friend (animated of course) and thier adventures and stuff. Just innocent... then i came upon an episthe ode where the main character cat's owner was sick, and when he went to sleep he would dream he was a cat playing with Tama and the others. And he really was a cat, because the cats (+1 dog) played with him, and when the boy woke up his cat form would disappear. I soaked all this in like a sponge.

Then in about 2nd grade i was in the school library and i picked up the book "The Werewolf Club" and that set me off into creating a cult of 2nd graders who thought they were Werewolves. Then a Tiger cult kinda broke us up.

Then in 4th grade i began thinking i was a wolf in a previous life. This went on until about 6th grade.

Soon after I abandoned my idea that I had been a wolf, i began watching the Anime "Wolf's Rain" which inspired me to go digging through the internet to find ways to become a werewolf. This is where i came across my first view of good anthropomorphic art. I soon stared saving as many anthro wolf pictures as possible. Then in 7th grade I got my first Girlfriend. She was an 8th grade girl who was really big on the Furry Fandom. She revieled my inner Furry Self.

Five months after that, she dumped me, but the Furry in me sill lives on!

Share your stories!

Offline Maxis29

• Founder of the furry forums
  • Donator
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am in the shadows, watching yous O.O
    • Furry Forums
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red & White
  • Height: 6'2
Re: How you became a Furry...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:52:10 PM »
Imvu made me realize my furryness. I was at a bad point in my young life and was looking around the web, just surfing when i saw a banner for imvu.  I joined up and when i saw WMs foxskin i just knew there was an inner fox inside of me. I wore that skin for 8 months  or so until razi made her more defined fox skin  :snicker:

Offline balzich14

• Chatty Cheetah
  • ''rockn roar''
    • balzich's myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »
ill make my story short and sweet, zucogirl begged me to become one, i did, love it, thats it!!!  :D

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 10:14:13 PM »
Pretty much, I used to draw "animal people" all the time as a child. I used to hop around all crazy like; acting like whatever animal I pleased. I continued drawing these furry and scaley peoples until I found out it was an anthro animal. After that I joined IMVU... Like a couple of months ago; and really, I'm still learning about furs. My person was a dragon when I joined IMVU. ^^ I found a link for FF in a shoutout by Maxis, and here I am.

Offline morgan6767

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 11:04:54 PM »
well it was kinda like when i was little i would crall on my knees and hands and act like a wolf and my mom would aways call me her furry wolf girl so i looked it up in 5th grade and found antho wolfs and well bout it

Offline Scalie

• IRC Mountie
  • Foxy Fox
  • JP's Smexi Mate
    • http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=6506753
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black/Grey
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: Medium
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 11:08:14 PM »
I would have to blame IMVU and thank razi because I think I was a very late bloomer.
"A mind in the gutter is a sad thing to waste."

"Wearing a shirt only draws attention to my complete lack of pants." - Ezekiel, Ctrl+Alt+Del

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=6506753

Offline razi

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 11:16:56 PM »
Imvu made me realize my furryness. I was at a bad point in my young life and was looking around the web, just surfing when i saw a banner for imvu.  I joined up and when i saw WMs foxskin i just knew there was an inner fox inside of me. I wore that skin for 8 months  or so until razi made her more defined fox skin  :snicker:

Max, get out of my head! I saw the banner on google. I chose the red fox partially because i have red hair. Also to blame is Disney's Robin Hood... he was so smexy!

But that's nearly my story exactly. I never even knew what a furry was before IMVU. And WzM's red fox was the best, I was in love... until they released the alternate heads...
 grr

But that's another story... the whole reason behind my obsession with fur.

airraiser

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 11:52:13 PM »
*Shrugs* Beats me when the whole thing started. Probully since the begining, I only got a name for it around 1998. That's when I discovered a couple of Anthro sites, like Yerf, and someone named Gen The Anime Fox. I finally had something to call what I was drawing. EEESH I still have thoes first pictures of anthros I drew (the crappyness could kill ya!) Other then that I've always loved watching nature shows about animals, and when I was younger I loved preteneding to be one.

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:05:53 AM »
well, throughout my life I have been surrounded by cats. Though I was more of a scalie for a while, i liked reptiles and such. Then I started to admire agility more, eventually took a keen liking to cats. The thing that made me start to think of humanoids was probably inuyasha though, and then years later I saw an add for imvu and then leading to this point.
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline Kage

• Dancing Dragon
  • The Red Werewolf
    • Kage's journal
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Tan, dark gray-brown on back and shoulders, cream on belly
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 10:36:11 AM »
Well, I've always identified with animals better than with people.  I was a strange, strange child.  I'd run around the house on all fours.  When the lion king came out (what year was that?), I was obsessive.  I guess you could say Simba was my first crush  =3  Anyways, I never played with barbies much, and if they did appear in my my games, the humans were usually the bad guys, with my animal toys as the good guys.  I guess it's no wonder I decided to be a zoologist as soon as I learned what the term meant in kindergarten.  

I used the persona of a non-anthro cheetah for the a little bit when I started going online (I was, I believe, 10 or 11 at the time) and then switched to a gray wolf.  Tigerwing, a winged white tiger was my online persona for a long time starting from about age 12.  It was also at this time that I begin to grew spiritually and came to the conclusion that everyone had an animal they were connected to in someway.  I'm not sure where exactly I began identifying with wolves again, but it was around the same time that I learned what an anthro was and also a time when I was really growing emotionally.  I lingered around the edges of the furry fandom and found a comfy home in therian (were) communities.  I drifted around for a while, continued to grow spiritually and to expand my artistic abilities.  

Then I found IMVU when a friend convinced me to make an account for a RP we had going.  I quickly made another account for myself.  I started out with just ears and a tail, but then I got addicted to skins, even those of species I didn't identify with at all.   And now I've met all of you, and I feel like I'm part of a great community again.

And now for the question that every furry and were gets asked:  "Do you really think you're a wolf?"
Nope, sadly I'm a human.  However, I've come to believe and understand that some part of me, soul, spirit, core, whatever, is quite a bit wolfy.  How or why it's that way, I have no idea.

<Noey> Well call me Sally and beat me with a tea-kettle

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »
Nyaaah! Glad to know I wasn't the only kid running around on all fours and obsessing over lion king and tarzan and practically all the animal disney movies!  :peace:

crustybread5

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »
As i have said before: Why I wanted to be a furry:
When I was little, my Nan found a stray kitten sitting on the wall of her garden. So basically we grew up together. He was my first friend. And I was jealous of his cattyness. The extreme agility, a tail, pointy ears and most of all; his pretty soft grey fur. I wanted to be a cat. So I used to dress up as one. Later on; well about three months ago, I found out this meant you are a furry. And I always felt alone and thought I was just weird. But now there's a whole forum of you guys. So I'm happy. =^.^=

But I was also obsessed with the Lion King... o.0 I never liked Barbies or any dolls really. Rather play with my teddy bears and things. Still do :P

Never got into anime apart from Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon and Tenchi Myuo.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 12:14:47 PM »
As far as the Barbie thing goes... I never liked Barbies.
My mother always bought them for me... Until she found a box of them that were dismembered.
Barbie heads, arms, legs, torsos everywhere as far as the eye could see.
Lmao!  :bubbles:
It was then, my mother realized that I was playing Barbie murder and playing with the animals that came with her.
So she stopped buying Barbies for me, and got me animals!
 :P

Offline BlackwidowX745

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:41 PM »
mines real simple Naim made me
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:43:16 AM by BlackwidowX745 »

Offline Naim Raine

• Foxy Fox
  • Hope Distled By Fear
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver, White (Black and Red Hair)
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Skinny and non-muscular but still moderately well built
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »
.... Black Widow miss spelled my name.

I really never like the disney stuff, books and Tama and Friends turned me furry, and maybe a little bit of  Tom and Jerry  :-*

Running around on all fours is fun! i still do  =3 wearing my paws, tail, legs and ears... My family thinks im a Psycho and so does the whole school  ^_^V