The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127100 times)

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #630 on: January 31, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »
Oh wow! That is awesome bro! Your drawings are really good too! I wish I could draw like that!  :D

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline rice243

• Avid Aardvark
  • betrayal and dishonor has made me stronger
    • Awards
  • Species: umbra wolf
  • Coloring: black ,red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 175 pounds
  • Build: built but not big
  • Currently: Left cold and alone
« Reply #631 on: February 04, 2012, 02:13:21 AM »
ive always loved wolves...one day i had a dream of being one... ever since then i knew i was a furry  :)

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #632 on: February 04, 2012, 04:58:26 AM »
Lucky. I wish I dreamt of wolves  :S  I just discovered my furryism when I read about it in geiness book of world records  X3

Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline Skittlez da Fox

• Vibrating Furby
  • Unkle Cage... Im coming for you.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Lime green, purple, and white
  • Height: 6'0 ft
  • Weight: 111(I can be swept off my feet :P)
  • Build: not fat more slim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Try walking 14 years in my fucking shoes
« Reply #633 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »
Thank you Comcast for helping me! ^_^
  • Avatar by: me, I made the idea myself over a xbox live party
  • Signature art by: My self.
Awh, the little things in life where all you do is stare at that blank piece of paper when u try to think of something up to draw.

Offline Starfighter Suicune

• Boisterous Bear
  • Rawr!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Random Photo Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black&White
  • Height: Antroh: 1,56m - Feral: ~1,90m
« Reply #634 on: February 04, 2012, 07:46:46 AM »
I always liked animals/mystical creatures more than humans. There were some happenings in my past, that made me dislike normal people and myself beeing merely human. The same was with some friends and my best friend I found on the internet.
When I started watching Pokémon, my first own female character appeared in my head. She basically looked like Ash and was a person, who could change between a human-like and a dragon shape. That was 1 or 2 years before we got internet. (so 11 1/2 or 12 1/2 years ago). I began daydreaming about her. Dreamed about adventures and such things in the pokémon world.
Now something that I'm not sure about it: I'm not sure if I changed her name and shape later or if I got the idea of a new female character. I don't know if she is the same person, because I'm not sure about the name. It's such a long time ago. I think it was around the time where we got internet.
But with the new character or the new shape of my first one named Yumio, I began dreaming about a new world. It's basically the earth how we know it, but some things are different. To long to explain.
Soon I invented a male character who looks like Supreme Kai (Kaioshin) with the name Neo. Years later a third character, who is supposed to be my alter ego named Ryuu. All my characters are shapshifter.
Within the past 7 years I began to love dragons and other creatures more and more. With the idea of my alter ego, meeting other furrys and surfing for furry-related things on the net during that time, I understood what I am. Someone who just refuses to be only human. Sometimes I just want to break out of my normal life, get wings and fly away. I just can't live like a nomal human does.
I think thats why I feel so free when I can run around in cosplays/fursuits on conventions. There are people who wish/pretend to be someone else, just like me.

Since I read another thread here, I think I'm a therian and not only a furry.

Offline Talos

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #635 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:14 AM »
Hey guys! My first post! Anyway, this is a good topic for me to start. I took an interest in anthromorphic animals when I got into Sonic The Hedgehog when I was 8. I got a cheap Sega Genesis Plug N Play with Sonic 2. Loved it. Creating my own fan character and pretending to be him made me a furry. A tiny bit of a furry, but a furry the same. Got into the Star Fox games. Krystal pushed me past that "sort of furry" line. Got into Digimon. Renamon sure didn't help either. XD I'm not complaining, though. Being furry is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It makes me feel special.

Offline felgreywolf

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
« Reply #636 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »
couldn't give you an answer. I've had an affinity for anthropomorphic cartoons and characters for as long as i can remember.

How did I recognize that I WAS a furry and that there was a label?Cliche as all heck.

Renamon. 'Nuff said.           

Offline Talos

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #637 on: February 09, 2012, 02:57:46 AM »
Yep, agreed. Either Renamon or Krystal had the "big" influence. You have all the more reason to have Renamon turn you into a furry. She's tempting... XD and pretty hot. Dat body.... 8D

Offline AlphaSergal

• Avid Aardvark
  • Brimming with alphaness
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Ice blue top fur, white under fur
  • Height: 7"9'
  • Weight: 176 lbs
  • Build: An average build
  • Currently: Hiding from Rain Silves
« Reply #638 on: February 09, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »
Yep, agreed. Either Renamon or Krystal had the "big" influence. You have all the more reason to have Renamon turn you into a furry. She's tempting... XD and pretty hot. Dat body.... 8D

Damn right for a while i had a big crush on her and i had thousands of pics of her on my phone
Born at the bottom of the clan but clawed his way to the top through fur, flesh, and blood to become the alpha that no one has a problem with. All Hail The Alpha Sergal, Glacier.

There is one sergal out there that I fear and that is General Rain Silves.

Offline blinxis

• Avid Aardvark
  • Flying fanatic
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Facepunch
    • Awards
  • Species: Chiroptera
  • Coloring: Black/blue
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 163
  • Build: Average
« Reply #639 on: February 11, 2012, 04:29:16 AM »
I grew up watching cartoons with nothing but animals talking. I like the concept of it, so I stuck with it. I drew here and there, and a few months ago someone called me a "furry" and started laughing. I didn't know what that was, so I did some research. Turned out to be a community with the same interests. Didn't really "become" a furry. Just found out the meaning.
FChF1as A C- D+ H- M--- P- R+ T++ W-- Z- Sm RLMA~CT a- cn+++ d e~++ f h+ iw++ j? p* sm+

Offline echohusky05

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Husky
  • Coloring: Dark and light grey
  • Build: Moderate build
  • Currently: It's all good! :)
« Reply #640 on: February 13, 2012, 03:50:11 AM »
I heard the term in a youtube video. The video was not really against furries, just kinda poking fun at them. Anyway, I got curious what it was talking about, cause I had never heard about it before. After I learned about it, I realized I had been a furry at heart my whole life, but never really knew that it was a thing. Never really thought about it. That was sometime last fall, and I'm so glad it happened. Being human was so boring! (Barks, wags tail)
Learn to love yourself for who you are, and soon the world will do the same.

Offline Narf

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Seberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White, black
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: 140lbs
  • Build: skinny
« Reply #641 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
Back in 2002 i made rough sketched about wolfs who could stand and weared clothes, they were living at the street, it was a dream i had. They looked like punk rockers. I kept looking also for furry images and such. Untill 2006 IMVU came out. I joined it and i got bored of it quickly... as a human. I changed in a zombie then but it bored me to, then i bought randomly a white tiger skin and here we are! 7 years later!
I met a furry friend because of someone on msn. He introduced me and we started to roleplay.
In 2010 he created a forum and it gotten succesfull, im still on that forum and i will always be. On that forum ive met artists who drawed my fursona because they said it was a cool one it had to be drawn! The first pic ever was based on a imvu pic i showed.
(my avatar on this site is now. But first it was rougher sketch.)
It got inked and thats how i got it. My fursona gotten drawn more times.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #642 on: February 29, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
It was only recently. I had always been interested in anthro characters, though i had no idea why or even what a furry was. Disney movies were what i watched the most. A year or so ago, i found out my girlfriend (though she wasn't at the time) was a furry. So, i decided to check it out. And i instantly clicked. I finally felt right; i had found where i belonged, at home. And here i am now. X3
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #643 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
There was this one children's tv program on cbeebies when I watched it. Can't remember what it was called but the theme was rather distinctive as "have a walk, in the wind, and the rain, and the sun" over and over. Cartoon about three foxes and the mischief they got up to :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Gabriel of creosha

• Avid Aardvark
  • Your favorite texan arms dealer.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey, fur.
  • Height: 6'4
  • Weight: something near 200lbs
  • Build: I haven't thought about that.
  • Currently: Cream gravy!
« Reply #644 on: March 06, 2012, 12:39:15 PM »
I don't remember exactly how, but I first began  my way onto the furry fandom after I saw a page of a furry webcomic. I looked and searched for it, but never sucessfully found it. I did however find out more about the fandom over time. I eventually started writing stories about anthros, so at that point someone called me a furry, and I did more research on it. Soon after taht I found the comic, and joined it's forum. I think I've beena furry for.... 3-4 years now.
  • Signature art by: Unknown and Mr. Razot.