The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127108 times)

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #510 on: July 03, 2011, 07:03:54 AM »
I just remembered that when I was a younger (around 14) I started planning on creating a game where you played a half-dragon, which now I realized turned out to be an anthro dragon. I had spread sheets of different races giving you different stats, all the different skills you could have (there was like fifty of the them lol), different special abilities, a story line, a world I created for it (I think I called it Ailartsua), etc. I was getting really into it. I remember looking online for 'half-dragons' to find a model of what I might use as the playing character. I did quite a bit of that actually. Slowly I faded away from the project cause I came to the realization that it probly wouldn't be created since I'm only 14...or something like that. Either way all of the files are gone now.

But just the thought of playing a half-dragon was really cool to me, and I had no idea that a fandom like this existed until 6 years later.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #511 on: July 07, 2011, 03:34:52 PM »
i stumbled upon a furry youtube video and the rest is history XD
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
« Reply #512 on: July 10, 2011, 05:28:18 AM »
How did I become a furry? It's a long story that began two years ago when I first joined this site, which lead to many fun adventures online :)

Offline robodog

• Vibrating Furby
  • Metal Mutt
    • Awards
  • Species: Robot Dog
  • Coloring: Silver and blue
  • Build: Heavily armored
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »
I think I've always had furry tendencies. I spent more time in school drawing dogs than I did doing actual  schoolwork and I used to use dumb names like Dog Lord when a video game required you to type in a name for your character. I've always identified more with dogs than people as well.

Offline Riyu

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Build: slim/slender
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »
well i became a fur around 5 months ago maybe.i was on my usual youtube exploring at 12A.M. and i came across a vid looked it up,nothing special and it didnt have the word furry on the title so i saw a comment saying that this guy from U.K. saying that he is a furry and this aint furry sh**.so i was like wtf is a furry so i looked it up on google(that was a tough time)and found some photo websites.i was into it but then i was going crazy on the second week cause i thought being a furry was bad and something mental so i was trying to ask my friends for help but they didnt care.so 3rd week i found sofurry and i joined it actually talked to some furs and i decided that i was a furry and since then ive been perfectly fine,i had told my best friend and my sis about me and they took it well.now im a happy fur and ill stay fur for the rest of my life maybe...i also thanked furs for turning me BI but they may turn me gay soon  :P cause im now more opened minded toward ppl and you know what,being different is better. :)

Add me on XBL: i I jdk11 I i
im one of te best cod players :P

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #515 on: July 12, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »
I've always had a big interest in shapeshifters, animals, and the like. So becoming a furry was a natural extension of that. I found out about the fandom through the internet, initially, but I didn't  identify with it for some time because I was afraid of the stigma. Then I decided, screw it, I'm a furry :D
there's a girl on youtube from germany i chat with going through the same phase  XP
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline ChibiMyuutsu

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Drake Ukkonen
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Etsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Black/Grey
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
« Reply #516 on: July 12, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
I always was, but didn't know there was a name for it, just like my paganism :)

*~Abstract Expressionist and Tail Maker~*

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »
well she does say her anthro characters are fursonas...but she said she ain't one when i asked.....but how would a little british teenager like me supposed know whats going on in a girl from another country's mind....i like her but even then i sometimes find her scary :S. (her fantasies include patriotic empires ruled by her fursona but she acts normal mostly when i chat with her)

amazingly it was me mistaking her for a furry that made me become one (yeah my online is a bit of a nerdy soap opera)

Offline arandomfurry

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: meercat
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:32 AM »
I guess i techinically have always been a furry but i didnt even know anything about furries until i started dating my furry bf a couple months ago and hes pretty much has told me everything i know about them and i just decided to offically become one a few days ago

Offline PurpleSnowLeopard

• Vibrating Furby
  • keep the purple people eaters away please.
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Purple spots,otherwise white fur
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: muscular
« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
i errm... *madblush*

yeah. stuff!

>_>

*shoots self in head for telling the entire forum what he has done*
>_>
<_<
i hate these things because i never know what to put.
ANYHOE. yOu GuYs ShOuLd KnOw ThAt I dOn'T CaRe AbOuT cApItOlIzAtIoN
(nor do i type like that XD )

...NRAWR...

Offline FurryDan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2011, 01:09:54 AM »
I saw an early episode of My Strange Addiction.  It was about a girl that liked Furries and had her own fursona.  The tail thing was a bit of a turn on.  Did some research and liked what I found.  I decided to look up some conventions and I found one that was coming up in a few months so I saved up some money and went.  Met alot of great people but I haven' gotten into fursona's yet.  I don't know if I ever will.  Creating names and a costume is too much for me.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2&quot;
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
I saw an early episode of My Strange Addiction.  It was about a girl that liked Furries and had her own fursona.  The tail thing was a bit of a turn on.  Did some research and liked what I found.  I decided to look up some conventions and I found one that was coming up in a few months so I saved up some money and went.  Met alot of great people but I haven' gotten into fursona's yet.  I don't know if I ever will.  Creating names and a costume is too much for me.

You don't have to create a costume or a name to create a fursona. :P I don't have a fursuit, and I had no intention of giving my fursona his own name. He's just the furry looking version of me. :)

i errm... *madblush*

yeah. stuff!

>_>

*shoots self in head for telling the entire forum what he has done*

Don't feel bad. fChan was the only exposure I had to the fandom until I came here.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2011, 11:57:26 PM »
Well, once upon a time, I was wandering aimlessly in the interwebs one day and happened to stumble upon the Vanity Fair article about furries. I started reading it, and when they started talking about that plushophile dude (I forgot his name), I thought; "Wow, furries like the same things I do!" (although, to be honest, some of the other stuff mentioned in the Vanity Fair article was rather disturbing...) So I joined the furry fandom expecting a whole bunch of people who were into plushies, but I quickly noticed that was not the case (So far, I'm the only plushophile I've met). Upon some proper research, I found out that furries were not about weird fetishes, but about people who had a strong interest in anthropomorphic animals. I decided to join anyway, because some of the stuff like fursuiting and rp's and furry conventions seemed really fun despite the obvious lack of plushie love. So, I decided to create my own fursona and officially joined the fandom as Crazy Cat.

The End
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2011, 02:24:42 AM »
6/23/2011 is the date I discovered that I am a furry fan. The manner with which i discovered this is... interesting. Parhaps the largest way i discovered it was that i read an article about fur-ism in the 2008 Guinnes Book of World Records where an article inside mentioned the furries. I was intreagued with what i saw. I have always loved animals, Wolves especially, and cartoons my whole life. When ever I saw a film with which the caracters were furry in appearence, Surf's Up and Alpha and Omega for example, I always fealt a strange attraction to it. It was like something inside of me was pulling me towards those films. I would dream of them in my sleep and think of them constantly untill I would buy them and watch them continually. It wasn't untill 6/23/11 that I discovered why I felt this way. All the while it was the furry-ism inside of me tring to get out. It's been over a month for me and I have never fealt so happy and comfortable. I am furry!  :D

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline NemiShawn

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: bright white fur, black spots, bright blue piercing eyes
  • Height: around 5'9
  • Weight: around 10 stn
  • Build: slim, athletic
« Reply #524 on: August 11, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
I suppose for me, its always been there. I always used to pretend to be various animals when I was a kid, and it all sort of progressed from there. I used to write a lot of fantasy fiction about anthro hybrid species, and its only recently I've discovered the furry community - but it feels so good to find like-minded people :)