The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127105 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #450 on: January 03, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »
I always say it's because I dislike all the bad rep furries get, but it's also because I find that non-humans can fit to most visual personalities better than humans can. When it comes to tinkering with the design of something, humans are about the most limited. Non humans can be altered any way you like, but there's just so much you can do to a human while still making it look human. (For example, there's this one children's book where I couldn't figure out what the characters were supposed to be, and I eventually realized they were supposed to be people, but they sure didn't LOOK like people.) This is mostly an opinion, but in my opinion, there's just so much more you can do to non-humans than you can with humans. And that's pretty much why I draw mostly non-humans. (Usually if I DO draw humans, I have to draw them with a non-human to make them more interesting to draw.)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Vinny Raccoon

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: raccoon
  • Coloring: grey with black mask & striped tail
  • Height: 3'5"
  • Build: cute
« Reply #451 on: January 03, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
@icy :3
Eatch mistake you make act's like a teacher in the end!

Offline Tatter

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • My Site (Author)
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: yellow fur with red/orange markings around his eyes (like eye shadow) and like wise colored mane.
  • Height: apx 6'2 bipedal, normal sized quad
  • Weight: apx 175 pipedal, normal for lions quad
  • Build: bipedal he's lanky with a little muscle build from just working, simular quad
« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2011, 05:13:14 AM »
I got into anime at an extremly young age, plenty of furries from japan, but my furry fandom came about thanks to breath of fire, followed by breath of fire 2, 2 games with mostly all anthro characters.

I became a hardcore furry after The Lion king cemented by obsession ^.^ sorry jack sparrow, still my fav disney movie!
You may break my spirit, my heart, and my body, but you will never break my pride.
Texas Furries unite!
http://texasfurries.proboards.com/index.cgi

TheLazyFur

« Reply #453 on: January 19, 2011, 12:54:08 AM »
I personally have a passion for animals and i found the art and everything sorta started to change. I do this for fun for the art and to meet new people. (I Just hope this doesnt interfere with my religious beliefs) :D

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #454 on: January 19, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »
^
I don't see why it should have to.
Being a furry is just another hobby, it's not a lifestyle choice.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

TheLazyFur

« Reply #455 on: January 19, 2011, 03:18:01 AM »
^ I agree it isnt a lifestyle to me its just expressing myself and having some fun

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #456 on: January 19, 2011, 05:31:40 AM »
Just realized I haven't posted on this yet lol

Basically I just started browsing deviant art, liked alot of animal picks and drawings. From there I realized I started liking anthro. Gave it a shot at drawing and so I became a furry!!
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Kizzy

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #457 on: January 25, 2011, 04:35:33 AM »
I've known what furries were for a long time...Can't really remember. At least a few years, I imagine.

About a year ago, a friend of mine joined the furry fandom. I was just considered "furry-friendly", and he introduced me to the local furry community.
They make up a large majority of my friends now, and a few of my closest friends are furries. They've done some great things for me...

I did some thinking and realized the sole reason that I wasn't a furry was because I'm stubborn..About a month ago, I decided I would start trying to come up with a fursona. I've pretty much got it down at this point, just need to hammer out the details and draw it up. :]

Offline Vinny Raccoon

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2011, 09:57:55 AM »
welcome to da fandom ^_^

Offline jazziiwooff

• Avid Aardvark
  • Humans are truly disgusting creatures.
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (Canis lycaon)
  • Coloring: Dark brown, grey, tiny bit of black
  • Build: Average/Fit
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2011, 03:23:05 PM »
When I was really young (toddler years) i would run around like a canine and bark like one, as kids do, but I did it almost constantly. I always made dog tails and then wear them. As i got older, I play fought with my dogs (A German shepherd and a Whippet X who have since passed away) I now play fight with my little Carine terrier and Staffy, although my staffy doesn't like it, he gets scared  0:)
When I got into about 5th grade my fascination with wolves started, and I actually believe that I'm a wolf at heart/spirit.
I've known about the furry community for a few years now, although I didn't get involved because I was rather quiet about being a furry, because I go to a very judgmental, discriminating school, plus I've had to deal with being different in other ways. Only until recently I've been more open about my furriness.
I also have very canine like characteristics...Some of a domestic, some of a wild. And unexpectedly i sometimes come out with canine like sounds, it just happens.
I've never really liked humans much, and recently because of personal reasons, I dislike them even more, not all though, obviously. It's the reason why I'm more open about being a furry now, it's nothing to be ashamed of, more something to be proud of.
I can also now, properly bark, growl and howl like a dog, it is indeed a privilege to of been able to teach myself :3
And yeah, this is my first furry forum I've been on, although I've been a furry on IMVU for years ^w^

Overall, I am a proud furry for life :DD
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:34:39 PM by jazziiwooff »
"Why? Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings?"

My dA: jazziirawrr.deviantart.com
My IMVU: jazziitrash
My Tumblr: jazziirawrr.tumblr.com

Offline Vinny Raccoon

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: January 25, 2011, 06:40:17 PM »
i read some examples of why some people are furry. and i pondered why i chose to join da fandom, and hears why.

it all started when i was in grade 1, people would tease and harass me. people at school did not know how to handle me, savage a beast i was, locked, in a confined room, kicking and screamin, scratch'en and bitting, i did not know what i was. was i human, or best? i was caged like a tiger! a lone wolf i was, only a cub! my mother, a single parent she was, overwhelmed with grief! the comics i read where sonic editions, when i read through them, i felt i endured what they endured! the games I've played, where also anthro! even to this day, i feel da beast inside! this beast i have, matches to my characteristics. nocturnal i am stayed up all night. enjoys fine goods, almost eats anything! picky about germs when it comes to food! smart as i am, i can figure thing out! when I'm searching for something, i search high and low! and when i make like bandits, you bet i make like bandits!
so when i look back to myself tell now, a raccoon i see in the mirror image to my self! a raccoon i am, i came to be!

so that's how i came to be what i came to be. thx for readen :3

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: grey/blue with dark blue spots
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Average/Slightly built
« Reply #461 on: February 02, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »
I was 13 or 14, somewhere around there, like a year after Final Fantasy X came out.  I finally got the game, and found I felt attracted to the legendary Kimahri Ronso....so I got on the ol' dial up net, and searched for adult pics of him...and I didn't find any right off the bat, but I found others, many many many others, and from that day forward, it has been the #1 thing on my mind...I don't know if that makes me a true furry or not, but I feel at least a little like one.  My story isn't very long or interesting, but I guess I just felt like sharing something with somebody who won't judge me for it.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #462 on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:07 AM »
I was 13 or 14, somewhere around there, like a year after Final Fantasy X came out.  I finally got the game, and found I felt attracted to the legendary Kimahri Ronso....so I got on the ol' dial up net, and searched for adult pics of him...and I didn't find any right off the bat, but I found others, many many many others, and from that day forward, it has been the #1 thing on my mind...I don't know if that makes me a true furry or not, but I feel at least a little like one.  My story isn't very long or interesting, but I guess I just felt like sharing something with somebody who won't judge me for it.

The big thing that clued me in to my Furryness was that I enjoyed Fchan. :P
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: grey/blue with dark blue spots
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Average/Slightly built
« Reply #463 on: February 02, 2011, 02:44:43 AM »
Whatever the case may be, I'm still very glad I have such a powerful mind-altering tool to use at my discretion.  I can overcome any stressful situation I encounter by thinking of a vast number of scenarios that are nothing more than just futile attempts at writings, but they still work wonders to ease my mind into a calmer state.  My imagination expanded a huge amount all at the click of a mouse....pretty awesome if you ask me.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #464 on: February 02, 2011, 05:09:35 AM »
Whatever the case may be, I'm still very glad I have such a powerful mind-altering tool to use at my discretion.  I can overcome any stressful situation I encounter by thinking of a vast number of scenarios that are nothing more than just futile attempts at writings, but they still work wonders to ease my mind into a calmer state.  My imagination expanded a huge amount all at the click of a mouse....pretty awesome if you ask me.

Even though I didn't (:P) I still think it is in fact, awesome. :)
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.