The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 125606 times)

Offline hanngnecessary

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
    • Awards
  • Species: leaf nosed Bat
  • Coloring: #7EE6DD #1D4683 #0DFFCC
  • Build: thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: amazing because i just ate a ton of candy
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #1260 on: June 28, 2018, 06:50:59 PM »
i was watching a bunch of random animations on youtube because i was bored and somehow found a pocari roo video. then i was like hey, that looks pretty cool.
message me about anything at all, im always free to talk about whatever!
bats rule!

click this bat to see my characters!

click this bat to get some of my art!

Offline Garfield

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
« Reply #1261 on: July 01, 2018, 01:17:28 PM »
Welp about 3 years ago I watched Zootopia once. My buddies got word of it and created the nickname "Furrylover69" that they called me for the rest of the year. I then joined the furry amino so I could prove to myself I wasn't a furry. I didn't find any proof. I actually started doing rp's and writing stories and such. So now here I am.

Offline Tempest-Requiem

• Vibrating Furby
  • If you know what's going on, anything goes in art.
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Blue and Gray, with Purple head spines
  • Height: 4'8"
  • Weight: 90 lbs.
  • Build: Average-short
  • Currently: Trying and failing to beat Dark Souls 3
« Reply #1262 on: August 14, 2018, 09:00:02 PM »
Well, I have a friend who's a furry. For a while, he tried to convince me to try the whole furry thing. Not a while back, I finally said yes. Then, I realized I actually thought it was pretty neat. And so, here I am.
  • Avatar by: Photoshopped from Spriggan Requiem. Yes, a Beyblade. No, I kid you not.

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
« Reply #1263 on: September 04, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »
1. Discovering anthropomorphic art

Before 2011, I started off as a transformation. I liked anything transformation related but liked mostly post-transformation. The idea of living a day or more in another person's, a different gerder or species and reacting to such a change fascinated me.

Some time around 2011 I decided to search up the term on-line and discovered transformation art, and later in December 2011-January 2012, through TF-art I discovered the concept of anthropomorphic animals. The concept spoke to me right away, I was amazed. So throughout 2012 I looked up anthro art on DeviantArt.

I through anthro art was just a thing artists like to draw occasionally but I didn't realise there was a community behind all of it. I even stumbled once upon a video with a fursuit parade in a furry con and didn't get it.

2. Discovering the furry community

Skip forwards to April 2013, I fell into some deep depression because I had no real friends and got cast-out by my class at school for defending an autistic guy from some bullies in my class. I was part of this online Minecraft community named CraftedMovie, one of the best MC communities servers that ever was but that only existed for two and a half years. Playing on their server felt so real it was like living a second life, better than real life.

I created this online feral fox persona and would talk to people as if I was a real fox on the CM forums. I also strongly wished I could just turn into a fox irl and leave my depressing life forever. However, change came when LupiDragon, one of the furries from CM noticed by behaviour on the forums and asked me if I was a furry.

I knew all about the term anthro but never heard the term furry. So he explained to me what the furry community is and invited me to join his group of furries from the forums. That's how I got to interact with other furries and learn more about the fandom. I sorta joined the fandom at that point.

3. Joining the fandom

In September 2013, I changed schools and went for artistic and web design studies. I made a friend on the second day, the first real life friend I ever had in 16 years, he liked to play games, a lot of Minecraft and drew stuff. We later went out to the park next door and started talking more about ourselves, our lives, etc and I told him I liked anthropomorphic art. He stopped for a second, looked at me and said "Omg, I'm also a big fan of furry art". So yeah, first friend I make at school turns out to also be a furry.

From that point onwards, I discovered a ton of furries in my school and became friends with them and that's how I got in touch with the french real life furry community.

It's funny that contrary to a lot of my french friends who discovered an interest in furry through pr0n, I started off as a sfw fur. Now I'm neutral about both "sides".

Offline ScotTheHyena_615

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
« Reply #1264 on: September 23, 2018, 08:36:37 PM »
I was on Pinterest and a furry image came up and I thought “oh a furry. Weird.” But my brain thought it was cool so clicked on it and looked at the related images and now here we are.

Offline Ronnya

• Vibrating Furby
  • Yo yo yo
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Pastel purple base with white spots
  • Height: 5 foot 1 1/2
  • Build: Small with biggish build
  • Currently: Sleepy
« Reply #1265 on: October 13, 2018, 01:00:13 AM »
It’s kinda a funny story. So originally I noticed I thought that nick from Zootopia was reaaaalllyy smoking. I thought that was normal and that everyone felt that way. I soon learned what furries were, and bam, I realized that I too was a furry.  XD

Offline callisto_

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • main blog (mostly aesthetic, some art)
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon
  • Height: slightly shorter than you
  • Weight: light enough to lift
  • Build: lithe, adequately soft and squishable
  • Currently: sleepy
« Reply #1266 on: November 05, 2018, 04:45:08 AM »
ive been acutely aware of the community since around '11 when i got super invested in uhh. sonic riders zero gravity, and then the rest of the sonic fandom by extension...ended up making my way through the wares on deviantart and such. didn't properly join the fandom until a few yrs ago though, after making a slow transition from the my little pony fandom to the pokemon fandom and finally here, lmao
  • Signature art by: also me!
                             _____                 ____
_  __  ____________      ____\    \_____       ____\   |         _____
\\ \_\ \          /_____ \    \    \____\______\__    / _________\    \
       /    /____L\__,  \/    /    /    /    ,___/   /__\   _    /    /
      /    /    /   /   /    /    /    /___,    /   /   /   /   /____/
     |__________\_______\    \____\____\_______/\______/_______/____/
                         \____\---// the dragon //---

Offline Kraylan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Dragon
  • Coloring: White albinism
  • Height: 14 ft
  • Weight: 2,000 lbs
  • Build: Feral
« Reply #1267 on: November 24, 2018, 09:28:16 PM »
I kinda just... Grew up as one? in the early 90s, that's all I watched on tv, Disney, Saturday morning cartoons. I just stuck with the characters I liked. Robin hood and TES had a big influence on me growing up so I suppose that's where I really got it.

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
« Reply #1268 on: December 26, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »
It's an interesting story. I have always loved animals growing up as a kid, but In highschool 9 years ago I stumbled upon a random youtuber with a furry profile. I saw in the comments of one of his videos someone mention he was a furry. I was curious about what a furry was, so I did some research online and one of the first results was this forum. It didn't take long to get hooked, and I have been a furry ever since.

Offline SketchTheRainbowWolf

• Vibrating Furby
  • I know i look like a snowcone X3
    • Awards
  • Species: SketchWolf
  • Coloring: RAINBOW!!!
  • Weight: 60 lbs.
  • Build: Fairly slim
« Reply #1269 on: March 06, 2019, 01:10:38 PM »
ahh...how do i word this right...i was originally the only drawer in my family, i was drawing stuff like pokémon related, then my brother decided to visit from texas and when he started drawing, it was things like wolf pokemon and fox pokemon and stuff around those lines, and i was interested. i started to draw using templates and some pretty bright colored pencils. then when i hit my late 13s my drawings went digital, i used my laptop and my school ipad to draw most of the stuff i still have today. then i thought “i wish i could connect with other furry artists” then i started searching and well.....here i am. a 14 year old furry lover that loves to draw.

My character, sketch, has one weapon he uses a lot, and thats a silver paintbrush. His paintbrush has the ability to paint/draw anything (thats not too powerful, that would be godmodding) and make it appear. It also has the power to shoot small paint blasts at people.

Paintbrush moves: Creation, PaintBlast, Brush Slash

“A victory royale doesn’t mean you are the best at the game, it only means your skills have gotten better” -DrakeonPlayz

Offline Drakion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • “It’s freaking lit!”
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Dark Green
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 95 lbs
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I’m just on and off as i please now.
« Reply #1270 on: March 06, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
Wow, Sketch that was rather interesting.

So, since i was 6 i’ve been really into fnaf (five night at freddy’s) animations and sfm simulations. when i was 10 i got into fnaf romance and stuff like that. in that time i started to really get hooked on foxy the pirate. (see what i did there?) Anyways, the fact that he was a fox just interested me. when i was around my late 11s, i got into everything fox and wolf related and i started looking up furry romance on youtube (just cause i’m a sucker for that type of crap) and i was just awe’d by it. i decided to become a furry myself and looked for a roleplay site and boom i’m here.
To see my rp characters, look at my ultimate profile.

Check out my YT channel, Drakeon Playz. I make remakes of music on garageband and some gaming videos, including but not limited to Surviv.io, Nitro Type, and Mystera Legacy.

Offline Bu-Ling

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #1271 on: March 24, 2019, 06:18:34 PM »
Hm, well I always loved drawing anthro animals though I didn't know that was the name.
I remember receiving an email from my boyfriend where he told me and few others he was a furry.
I was curious, since I had heard the term, but wasn't sure what it meant.

He told me some things, directed me to Pocari Roo and a few other Furry Youtubers then I spent a month trying to come up with a fursona, though I haven't drawn her yet.
Not very interesting, but it's a story.
Why not?

Offline JJ The Husky

• owo
  • Avid Aardvark
  • owo
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Soundcloud!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Coloring: Eyes = Red, Green - Fur = Blue, Grey, Pink - Paws = Blurple
  • Height: Same as irl (idk lol)
  • Weight: Average weight
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: Making music lol
« Reply #1272 on: March 30, 2019, 11:38:11 AM »
Back in 2013 (when i was 7) i heard my sister saying how one of her friends was a furry on the phone, so i decided to search it up, and then i became addicted to them in 2015 lol
  • Avatar by: The Talented Berubeswagos
~JJ The Husky

Offline MCtheBeardie

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • Howdy, y'all! I don't bite, I swear.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Quotev
    • Awards
  • Species: Bearded Dragon (Lizard)
  • Coloring: Mostly yellow scales, with white belly and white beard scales.
  • Height: 5’4”
  • Weight: 120lb
  • Build: Fairly thin.
  • Currently: Excited, and ready for new friends!
« Reply #1273 on: April 20, 2019, 02:55:34 PM »
Well, I guess you could have called me a furry in denial, a few years ago.

It all got started when I was about 10, and I started playing Oblivion (An Elder Scrolls game) for the first time. I always had a fascination with the anthropomorphic races in that game- the Argonians and Khajiits (especially Argonians). It sort of launched me into my obsession with reptiles, two of which I now own. I also loved Spyro the Dragon at the time, and I always loved Disney’s anthropomorphic animal characters, as I grew up on Disney.

When I started my life on the internet, I eventually ran into another furry, and from then on, I sort of lurked around the fandom until I found myself here!

I’ve been unafraid to call myself a furry ever since~
  • Avatar by: Guifrog on FA. Check him out!
Basking in the sun with my friends~ :3

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #1274 on: April 20, 2019, 03:55:27 PM »
YouTube videos mostly, and I always liked the anthro animals in cartoons and comics and the such. Sonic the Hedgehog played a huge part in me being a furry and was my very first fursona (thinking about going back to him actually).

Also, a lot of nice furry people. Can't forget them.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.