The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 125604 times)

Scyler

Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 03:00:57 AM »
First one I read was Redwall. I was so angry when I finished it because our library only had that book of the series. I finallyjust got most of the series for Christmas. Since then, I've been getting the new ones that come out and I'm still trying to find a few. Btw, my favorite one is Rakkety Tamm! Heh, Scottish accents...

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 03:54:49 AM »
I enjoyed "The Bellmaker" but "outcast of redwall" was pretty good to.

and just think, all the while I was slowly becoming a furfan without realizing it, welll... more so than i was. :snicker:
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Scyler

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 04:25:36 AM »
Yep, I love Brian Jaques!!! Speaking of him, you ever read the castaways of the Flying Dutchman series?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 04:28:04 AM »
not yet, but we are now off topic.

OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!

I'm getting a shirrt tommorrow that says furry pride on the back, no paw prints or anything like that, but I will put two big prints on it when i get it.  :D

is yellow and tye-dyed :th_Pyong-1:

Adopt your own!

Scyler

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 04:31:32 AM »
Sounds awesome! I'd get one in blue but... People don't look too highly on us in New Braunfels.

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
  • Reference: [link]
Re: How did YOU get here? =)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »
I've always loved animals/anthros, and felt more connected to them than people really, but I never actually heard of furries until I joined IMVU three years ago. I liked wearing the animal skins, and that eventually just led to where I am now.

Im the same as Zephyr in this one :P
I was always obsessed with werewolves, but only the the transformation part, but stuck half way through changing (i.e Anthro)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:38:05 PM by Dessum Ryugen »

Offline Manual_automation

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Artwork is © Kalaharifox on DA (I did photo edit)
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan malamute
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: ~230lbs
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »
^ on that note, my D&D char. is a lychenthrope (ie, werewolf)  and my DM let me make him my fursona  = D

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 05:13:42 AM »
as i usually end up dm (best story writter) and a furry, i always allow anthro characters as long as they aren't overly powerful.

Adopt your own!

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
how did i become a furry??? it might of been me playing all of the sonic games as well as others ^w^ but it started around the ninth grade when i met my older sis that adopted me into her group of friends they were usally the ones to get picked on all the time during the highschool years but we all were furrys and they gave me the pet anme shippo since i was skinny and had my hair like his all the time, but around lunch while i was a junior i seen that a freshman was getting picked on for his Y furry art by some jocks *Cringes* sorry i just hate those type of people who pick on the weak, anyways i seen that they were tossing his hand bag back and forth between eachother and i just got fed up with it my friend ari and Kurama told me to let it go its own way but i decided to take a stand for my family so i kinda got into a fight with the jocks and some how i don't know how but i won and everyone in the lunch room was surrounding me and my adopted lil bro Reno i pretty much blurted out "You just got you @$$ handed to you by a fellow Furry what now, oh by the way i'm gay people so deal with it!!!" and pretty much my friends well sisters ari and kurama glomped me since they were Y freaks and before i adopted Reno into the family we went out he was a fellow fox furry as well we went out for about two months until yeah he broke up with me but we still are friend thankfully ^w^ anyways yeah so i've been a furry for almost 7 to 8 years now but i still don't know that much about furrys sadly since i had to be a little secretive with my family but now they fully accept that fact that i am one which i told my grandmother first which i was well stunned when she said "Kit i will love you no matter what even if you are a furry and even your gay as well your still my first born and favorite grandson"  :th_PyongLlora: i just couldn't stop crying from her response to it it made me so happy ^w^

And that is pretty much how i became a furry ^w^
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Scyler

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 07:49:29 PM »
You must be one of the luckiest furs I know. You actually got your family to accept you being a furry AND gay? I wish I could pull that off(well, only the furry part)

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 08:30:11 PM »
lucky!!!! o.O  my parents would kill me if they found out i'm gay.

Adopt your own!

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »
well i live with my grandmother well i lived with her since i was 11 and now since i haven't even met my real dad both of my biological parent are pretty much dead to me  :upupdi3: but i love that old woman with all my heart ecspecially my two lesbian aunts for teaching me to stick up for myself and others
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Offline CuriousFox420

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red and White
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 165 Lbs.
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 01:58:04 AM »
Hmm.  I only discovered Furries a few years ago and honestly until two weeks ago I was more of a supporter than an actual furry myself.  But if I had to name a time when I realized I liked animals (especially anthropomorphic ones) it was when I read the Redwall series by Brian Jacques (particularly Taggerung).  Loved the title character, and I meant I really wanted to fall in love with him.  So I guess that would be it.

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 10:45:12 AM »
Yeah Kit, you is teh Lucky foxie :P

Offline DarkBall

• Avid Aardvark
  • You cant hear this one acomin
    • Teens Of Revolution - Religous Advice
    • Awards
  • Species: Snaimon
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 221 pounds
  • Build: Snake
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
My girlfriend played Furcadia and I played it once, then I found out she was into furry art, which was fantastic, and got me interested into it, then i drew some and she liked it so much..*ahem* skip ahead..but later I found out she was dating a guy while she was drawing this stuff and she was pregnant.. So we broke up. Well anyway thats how I became one.. Been one since 2007 on february.

Why am I a snake instead of a wolf or fox? I once had a pet snake out in the backyard when I was 8, I named him Toad, he was a garden snake... after a few days I made him a house, then fed him, then I made a bigger house..then 2 weeks later he bit me.  :'(

Now dont like the snake story and my fursona? Well its alot better then being a cow furry.  :snicker:

=s

_________________ Dark Ball ___