The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127145 times)

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #900 on: January 08, 2014, 05:32:29 AM »
cool.
Nice picture, by the way.
wired as right now

Offline SwedishFur

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Snuggle me to death!
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine & Dragon
  • Coloring: White/Pink
  • Height: 180
  • Weight: 70
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Wiggling my tail
« Reply #901 on: January 08, 2014, 08:53:18 AM »
Thanks! :)
Furry from Sweden!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #902 on: January 13, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »
At first when I was in a really nasty spot in my life, I started to listen to a band called Sonata Arctica, who apparently have as their "thing" to write songs about, or songs that relates to wolves... I found comfort in said songs and started to come up with wolves and stories myself, with one of my many characters being Cheza.

Back in those days I didn't even know what a furry was, nor did I really care much about it... I had my "guardian wolf" and was perfectly happy with keeping us as two separate characters, but slowly as time passed we kinda grew together... But then a few years later, about 2 years ago, I started in a new school and met a fox who introduced me to the fandom. I didn't join immediatly since I've never really liked to fit myself into any group, but a few months ago I decided to join for real, and then the most natural choice for me was to "become" Cheza and bring her to life as a thank-you for keeping me alive ^^

So here you have me, a silly little creature offering free cleaning for the insides of your screens xD

Offline Aurora-Ice

• Vibrating Furby
  • Off to Neverland!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Undecided
  • Currently: Coming back a new person!
« Reply #903 on: January 14, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
I suppose it really started first when I was little. I really loved movies and cartoons with talking, or anthropermorphized animals, like Cats Don't Dance, We're Back, Oliver & Company and so on. I also loved to pretend to be animals when I played make-believe, both alone, and with my friends.

I've always adored animals of all shapes and sizes, and when I got a little older I started to enjoy book series like Warriors, Seekers, Silver Wing, and Gardians of Ga'Hoole. That's the point where I first started to notice the furry community while looking around for the fandoms for the series. Though I never paid them much attention or interacted with them.
It wasn't until highschool that I really found out what Furries were, while I was still performing at sport functions as my school's mascot. People talked about it, so I got curious and asked. Sadly what I was told was that Furries were a bunch of freaky child molesters who thought they were animals and liked to try to be intimate with animals, stuffed toys, or one another while dressed in mascot suits. So I was really put off by it for a long time.

It wasn't until I started going to collage that I learned that very few Furries are like that, if any at all. Soon after I started to sort of seek out the fandom and poke my head around. Did a lot of lurking, started to grow a fondness for the idea of being a fur, and was pointed out to this forum as a good SFW and welcoming  forum to get my foot through the door as a new fur.
Joined...did a LOT more lurking, and now here I am.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:39:46 AM by Aurora-Ice »
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A.A Milne

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #904 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »
 got a little older I started to enjoy book series like Warriors,

OMGI DEED TOOasdasdfasdggndrthn
wired as right now

Offline Famanai

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: creamy white and pink
  • Currently: happy
« Reply #905 on: January 15, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
hmmm, alot of the same influences as others so i know that feeling all to well. I had been very much into anthros and Dragons from an early age. In my stories i had written for a few years it really meant alot to flesh out there world and I ofcourse love absorbing similar series. :)

Cartoons as a kid, quiet a few books and just how much I love to daydream and see myself as something else. Mostly my Dragon like aliens such as Famanai or the bipedal anthros who civilise the world they both inhabit.
derping mah sig

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: January 15, 2014, 11:27:04 PM »
Well, I sorta drifted intop it after coming to after daydreaming looking at art.
I watched tons of cartoons and pretended i was a Transformation kid from harry potter until high school.
Me and my Cambodian friend. Too bad he got enthrawled into bronies and never witnessed what a furry realy is...
wired as right now

Offline Shiothefox

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red, upper half and arms, waist, tal and lower, maroon. White on the inside of ears, on the face, chest, and tip of the tail.
  • Height: 6'0", irl 5'11"
  • Weight: 160 lbs, irl 178 ibs
  • Currently: Alone
« Reply #907 on: January 16, 2014, 03:17:12 AM »
I will give a better answer than my one in september... Well any signs there may have been, and i can point out a few, i had repressed in childhood as an attempt to act older than I really was, mainly because i had always been treated in a condescending way for basically my whole life. I enjoyed a lot of things an eight year old kid would not typically enjoy, like the weather channel, but there was a little part of me missing. I often felt a little empty inside and of course there was some interest to a few things I had little access to, like ratchet and clank video game and I enjoyed sonic the hedgehog as a character, never video game. I never watched many cartoons after the age of 6 or 7, but ones i did watch, I enjoyed the animal characters but again, my repression kicked in and i tried to isolate myself from all things childish. Now, lets fast-forward a few years... In 2009 i think, i was 13 years old, I saw 1000 ways to die and this guy was high on shrooms wandered out into the desert and found a bunch of people in animal costumes that were described as "furries" and they were a dry humping and they had a "furry" come on the show and tell them about the "furry sex" and this guy was like 25 and looked like he played a lot of World of Warcraft ... so i naturally wanted nothing to do with it, and a couple years later I saw a yahoo answers question posted by a guy who had uncontrollable sexual desires around animals and he got an answer from someone claiming to be a "furry" and said hey, there is a community for people like you called "furries" and I am part of it and again, that drew me away from the fandom, so for 4 years, I had this picture in my head of furries being sex-crazed maniacs dry-humping in the woods... but this summer 2013, I saw a tosh.0 episode with a furry guy on the internet posting this rant, so I finally decided to look it up, and the clean art I loved! I looked into it more and found that most furs don't do all that sick perverted stuff so I slowly inched in, grew fond of anthro foxes and huskies and here I am today! Now my only issue is the same dilemma plaguing me for years, which is being perceived as "childish" or just "weird"
  • Avatar by: furaffinity.net/user/crimsonmercury7192/

Offline Philosophunculist

• Avid Aardvark
  • I am 14, gay and furry ;) Call me Phuph for short.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Brown with white belly.
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 138lb
  • Build: Fit but slim (not particularly musculare).
  • Currently: Just came out to my family...
« Reply #908 on: January 21, 2014, 08:53:30 PM »
It all happened so fast that it's hard to tell, I was just overwhelmed by the cuteness of fur suits (which I discovered through YouTube vids) and cons and the amazing community. I discovered the amazing art (clean and dirty  XP  (quite a bit of yiff)) and felt a great emotional attachment to this world that I wanted to be a part of so much!   ^_^ 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:57:45 PM by Philosophunculist »

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #909 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »
my buddy in the military was one and he got me very interested  in it and here i am now
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #910 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »
Oh, look a millytary dude!
What branch?

wired as right now

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #911 on: January 22, 2014, 02:34:35 AM »
army wanted to be a marine  :/

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #912 on: January 24, 2014, 06:11:20 AM »
Literally can bike to the USAFA, so its chosen for me.
Id explain in depth on how  became a furry more if it wasnt fixated o a couple innopropriate and cotreversial things.
wired as right now

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #913 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »
canis what have you been doing
laughs
i dont care what you do bud

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #914 on: January 25, 2014, 03:59:03 AM »
Not really what you think.

wired as right now