The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ves art ^_^  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: isopod
  • Coloring: Green
  • Build: Cuddly
  • Currently: Chilling
Re: ves art ^_^
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 07:53:40 PM »
Aa thank you  ^_^! Always loved that trope of silly little wide eyed black cats
  • Signature art by: me :)
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 11:25:58 PM »
duck doodle :3 duck right up in your grill

[ID: a doodle of an anthro duck with its bill stuck right into the camera.
They have one wing on their hip, and the other is pointing /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 10:37:14 PM »
Aha, absolutely wonderful! I love birds of all kinds.  XD

ZARA-RA!!

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2023, 08:45:24 PM »
Aa same  ^_^ love all birds - pigeons and jackdaws are my favourite though (that’s where my username comes from hehe). I’ve been meaning to make a bird fursona but can’t quite figure out the proportions of how to do it TwT

And to celebrate becoming an Avid Aardvark  - I have drawn a doodle of a happy little green aardvark  B) 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:47:50 PM by Ves »
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2023, 02:14:55 AM »
Been having some pretty bad art block  x_x tried just getting a few doodles down  to get some creativity out  :)

[ID: a collection of doodles of different coloured headshots of various animals, each with coloured markings.
the background has paw prints /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 02:33:43 PM »
Such wonderful colours! My favourite thing to do with art block, is to doodle on some printer paper with a ball-point pen.. If that doesn't work, I go for a long walk, and wait until the inspiration strikes me  XD

I adore that aardvark. So sweet!

ZARA-RA!!

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2023, 07:42:01 PM »
Aww Ves! Sorry for asking for your deviant art link on another page  XD it's all here after all! Such lovely art  ^_^ after seeing your pixel art I do wonder: did you ever make art for a game?

I do hope you break through the block. I myself am in one musically speaking  :sweatdrop: I feel like I put myself under too much external pressure and lost touch of my intrinsic motivations. Maybe some soul searching could help you too :)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2023, 08:32:16 AM »
Thank you for the kind words!  ^_^ Would really like to make a game someday -coding though, as much as I love it, is not my strong suit  >.>

And I feel ya on the art/music block - so hard not to expect your pieces to be as good as some of your best if you get what I mean. Just been doing some small loose fandom doodles to try get through it heh. Probably has something to do with ADHD - I get random day-long creative bursts then months of nothing  @.@
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2023, 04:21:53 PM »
Uff, yeah  >.> coding would be hard for me too. How did you get into pixel art btw? Actually art in general  :) ?

I personally was never diagnosed with it, but I know a few people with ADHD and ADD. Incredibly active people who I admire a lot for it  ^_^ it must be tough with so many things these days trying to grab our attention  :sweatdrop: for me personally, the inability to day dream often causes a huge artistic block.
I like your solution though Ves, by doodling you're still honing your art skills. Here's hoping one of those doodles ends up being your next master piece  ^_^

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »

I’ve honestly been drawing as long as I can remember - mainly designing sweet shops and drawing little scenes with lots of little people doing random things (I should really try find some of my drawing from 10 year old me). As for pixel art - a year or two ago I think I saw some really cool art on an art discord server, and made some stuff on ms paint. Sadly lost a lot of those drawings  :( but I still remember a lot of them. Funnily enough I kept doing pixel art on my tablet as it has very little storage (the original reason pixel art was enough made) and well haven’t felt any reason to move on from it  ^_^

Hehe Hoping one of my doodles turns into a bigger artwork ^_^

For now: here’s a drawing I did for someone a ,,fair while ago   >.>

[image ID: a pixelated drawing of an anthro red panda posing with peace signs. She has a purple bob, a blue necklace, white crop top and jeans shorts. She is winking and sticking her tongue out, and has a bushy tail.

Character by: p0tat0_69 /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2023, 01:05:59 PM »
Aww that sounds adoreable  :D and also really impressive for 10 years old. Scenes express so much without words  ^_^
I really adore your pixel art style  :D I'm glad you didn't abandon it. Do you use a stylus?

The red panda is soooooooo good!   :* I can't put my finger on it (well besudes the fact that you're just a great artist of course) somehow the lack of detail a pixel brings with itself, mixed with the detail you give your art awakens something. The mind seems to smoothen out the pixels.  :D

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 02:07:08 AM »
Thank you  ^_^ ^_^ and Yeah I use a stylus! The weird “work around” I have to use on my drawing program to draw pixel art means when I use my fingers the opacity is really low  >.> I do love using a stylus though cuz the greater control, and it does feel a little like drawing on paper.

Really been on a drawing kick these past couple days  :D Here's a kinda punk otter hehe
Kinda based off ipsome people I know, but also piercings are just pretty cool - wayyy to nervous to ever actually get any myself; I don’t even have my ears pierced  =W=

[image ID: A pixelated drawing of a purple anthro otter, sneering, sticking their tounge out posing with peace signs. They have lots of piercings and jewellery /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2023, 01:12:34 PM »
  ^_^  have you ever thought of combining your current art style with your oldet one (scenes)? It's a totally different style, but one of my favourite artists, Louis Wain, used to draw cats in all kind of "human" scenes, likebat school or performing a little cat concert outdoors. He did end up "losing his mind" (people are guessing schizophrenia) and then changed his art style completley. Just thinking out loud (or thinking out silently written?) here.  :D it's so cool to be on a forum with such talented people and see the progression made.

Awww she's so cool! The colour fits her as well :D hmmh~ perhaps talking about it with those people you know who have them could help alleviate your nervousness  :) I'm no good for that  XD I'm just as nervous

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2023, 06:32:56 PM »
Oo that’d be a cool idea - I’d need to learn backgrounds though  XD

been watching some close up footage of isopods (like the vid on my profile hehe) and realised I haven’t been drawing them very anatomically correct - turns out their antenna are actually below their eyes and near their mouth!
So I’ve been experimenting drawing Iso with more isopod-like proportions, looks a little space alien though  @.@   

[image ID: a sketch of an anthropomorphic isopod, with paws standing on cat-like hind legs /end ID]

Post Merge: December 25, 2023, 01:40:43 PM
Weevil fursona :D :D

[image ID: a series of sketches of a front, back, a winking and a shocked headshot of an anthropomorphic weevil bug, with a long curly nose and paws. /end ID]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 01:40:44 PM by Ves, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2023, 11:30:49 AM »
Aww the isopod is sooo cute  :D man, making insects and other arthropods look cute in a more "human" way must be tough. I mean, I love the little cuties, even spiders make me go "oh gosh darling! Aren't you gorgeous  :* "
But close close up they all look so alien! Good job at making the isopod looking so sweet  ^_^