The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past  (Read 13250 times)

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
Re: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2020, 10:55:35 AM »
As the forces entered the camp, Ara found himself caught in the crossfire. Knowing his swords would not fare well in a gunfight besides standing in the middle of the chaos, he decided it was better to work his way out. With quick and agile movement, he almost danced towards the camp edge. He still injured mercenaries as he went, leaving them unable to fight back. One could consider him worth watching, were it not for the raging battle.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2020, 04:41:41 AM »
The largest of the blue creatures, who stood at only 4’ 2’’, stepped from his cover as the Iron Bears were routed. He adjusted his straw hat and nodded to Zuka. “Thanks, fella. We were goners without the help.” He rested his rifle across his shoulder. “Names Obidiah. Call me Obbi, if’n yer feelin’ friendly. Heard you an’ yours got in a bit of a tussle wit’ dat hot-head Kief an’ ol’ Jed.” He chuckled, holding up an appendage to sto Zuka’s immediate response. “Don’ worry about it, friend. Kief’s a fiery cuss, and gettin’ kicked around was comin’ to him. ‘Sides, other than a few scrapes, he’s fine.” Obbi adjusted his suspenders with pride. “Takes more than fists or a boot t’being down a Bohrar boy.” Obbi motioned for Zuka to follow, as the other Bohrars emerged from cover. “Our camp’s not far,” Obbi said. “Half mile north. Keep them wheeled monsters back, though. I don’ think we can accommodate ’em.”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2020, 03:12:36 PM »
"I'll keep the LZ secure, Zuka," Andrew told Zuka. "Meyers! Argus! Head out with Commander 'Vadam to our friends' hideout, see what they need!"

"Yes, sir!" the two aforementioned marines replied. They followed Zuka as he followed Obidiah.

"How long have you been here, Obbi?" Zuka asked. "Between the Iron Bear mercs and the inevitable Flood presence on this ring, it hardly seems a safe place to settle."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
Sheila stood down once the Iron bears were pacified or all fled... staying with the group

Blaze grumbled something unaudible  and walked up to Obidiah. "How long have you been caught out here, is this all of your 'tribe'?" the ninetailed fox asked.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2020, 02:04:48 PM »
When the troops had been dealt with, Ara's armour reversed to its original colours, and he sheathed his swords. He wondered whether he should visit the Bohrar with Zuka. Then again, it might be better to stay and fight the Iron Bears. He could deal a seriously crippling blow, after all. Besides, they probably didn't need him with those creatures. He stood there for a few minutes, pondering his options. After some weighing, he decided he was more valuable in the fight, so he remained with the force.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2020, 09:15:28 AM »
Obbi tilted his head, confused. "Been here for...pbbt...generations now. My great-great-great grand-'genitor said he woke up here after some kinda monsters got loose. Been here ever since. Not in the rocks, more down th' coast. Josiah's Rest got founded about two decades ago, back when I was just a squirt. S'where we're headed." He then turned to Blaze. "Tribe? Ain't no tribe, marm, and ain't all my kin neither. Just Cleetus, Harold, and miss Linnette." Obbi motioned for his cohorts to approach, all smiling. The old blue creature returned his attention to Zuka. "Them well armored fellers, they're mean ol' cusses. Been kidnapping my kin soon as th' got here. But, I'm guessin' I ain't got the answer's yer pinin' for. The 'Luminated One'll know what's what. Should be in th' chapel. Usually is. I'll introduce ya when we get home."

Before long, the tops of incredibly short buildings peeked over the hills and dells, and the quiet murmur of activity carried across the wind. Obbi motioned at Cleetus, a portly blue-goo man, and Linnette, a slight blue-goo woman, and the pair ran towards town. As the two crossed over the hill's crest, a bell tolled twice. Obbi's smile returned, and he waved a translucent hand in the air. "Sent Cleet and Linn up t'give the all-clear, 'less the snipers try an' take y'scalp. But, more on that later. Y'gotta meet m'kin first."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2020, 03:17:23 PM »
"Astonishing," Zuka commented. "You've been here so long, yet neither the USR Records nor the recovered Archives of the Covenant make any mention of your people on this Ring."

"Almost seems like they had some way of avoiding detection - like a cloaking device," Private Argus said.

"How is it your people have avoided detection so long? And for that matter, how did the Iron Bears come to detect your people?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2020, 04:41:33 PM »
 "On that matter, what do the Bears have against you and your kin?" Blazed asked, as she followed along, her tails flowing freely behind her the armor around them materializing  away to reveling her 9 tails and brilliant yellowish colored silky fur.

Sheila followed along quietly, talking not being her strong suit...she didn't talk much anyway.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 01:32:37 PM »
Ara saw them off, scratching his chin. He thought out loud, "Interesting... they don't seem to be an advanced species. I'd say they avoided detection simply by being technologically far behind. After all, they seem reclusive and they aren't emitting any signals to detect. Or, there has been too little activity here, allowing them to go under the radar. It could also be both. Hard to say... I'd have to see for myself. Speaking of which...!" He suddenly dashed after the group. The curiosity got the better of him.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 02:59:08 PM »
Obbi again looked confused. "'Detect'? I 'spose we kinda made ourselves known when they started parading around in them big ol' metal bird...things...Tacitus went to say hello, y'know, as good, neighborly folk do. They responded by shooting poor Tacitus dead. Been a blood feud ever since. As fer the matter of the "USR", "Archives" and "Covenant", they don't mean much t'me. Or to my kin, fer that matter. But, the 'Luminated One may know what you mean."

As the troupe crested the hill, the town came into view. Several small log cabins sat clustered near a somewhat larger, but still small, water mill. The water wheel churned slowly, partially submerged in a little stream. Several blue creatures meandered around the well-trod paths. Although rough, a comparably opulent chapel sat at the edge of the treeline, a pleasant glow emanating from the windows. A quiet town, despite everyone carrying some sort of firearm.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2020, 06:52:53 PM »
"They shot him dead?" Zuka said. "Odd, even for them. Must be jumpy, then." Zuka looked over the town, following Obbi as he did. It reminded him of something Andrew had in his personal archive, but he couldn't quite place what it was. "Who's the leader among you?" Zuka asked Obbi.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:52 PM »
Blaze and Sheila followed along making sure to appear friendly keeping their powers and weapons 'holstered' or hidden as they did.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
Ara also kept his swords sheathed. He didn't want to worry them needlessly. Still, he remained wary. The Iron Bears could attack them, though it was unlikely they'd strike on an armed settlement. He asked Obbi: "That reminds me, did those 'bear fellers' attack your village? We could give you a hand in defending it. Besides, you got me curious... Just who is this 'Illuminated One'?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2020, 06:13:26 AM »
Obbi chuckled. “Leader? Ain’t no leader here. Speak y’piece. If enough folk feel yer right, then we’ll do it yer way.” He then turned to Ara. “I ain’t too sure. Definitely knows a lot, but I dunno what he’s sayin’. Somethin’ ’bout our purpose? Sounds like nonsense t’me. As fer the Bears? They don’t got the guts t’come near the town. Sammy scares the daylights outta them. He’s prolly nappin’ now, if not just hidin’. He likes basements and caves.” Obbi wandered as he spoke, stopped at a small dwelling. Outside, a rocking chair sat vacant, and the little blue man eased himself into the seat, speaking to the crew. “Y’all carry on now. I need t’rest. Head to the church. Your questions’ll be answered.”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 03:33:53 AM »
Zuka looked over, seeing the church in the distance. he gave Obbi a respectful - and grateful - nod, and headed for the church. Questions swam in his mind. Clearly, these creatures had been here some time.  But how had they evaded detection? And why were they here? Were they some sort of Forerunner project? Zuka didn't know. There was no mention of them anywhere in the Covenant Archive. ONI had no intel on them. Zuka hoped that some of these questions would be answered by this "Luminated One".