The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past  (Read 13215 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 10:03:46 AM »
The small creature recoiled, sailing backward like a blue cannonball, disappearing into the bushes. Jed backed away, rifle brandished.
“E-Easy! Th’ Bear fellas’re in them birds! Long-Eye’s seen ‘em!” He looked pleadingly at the group, before retreating farther into the bushes.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 12:07:04 AM »
"Hold your fire!" Zuka shouted, "Those are allied forces!"

The pelicans landed and UNSC Marines charged out, with the unmistakable figure of Andrew "Frosty" Harrison in his Spartan-X Issue Mjolnir armor. "Who's the wiseguy who took potshots at us?!" he demanded.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 02:06:40 AM »
"Hold your fire!" Zuka shouted, "Those are allied forces!"

The pelicans landed and UNSC Marines charged out, with the unmistakable figure of Andrew "Frosty" Harrison in his Spartan-X Issue Mjolnir armor. "Who's the wiseguy who took potshots at us?!" he demanded.
Sheila stepped off of the pelican and growled "I dunno but whoever did needs their butt kicked 10ft into the air the pink creature said hands glowing a neon green.

"HEy that's one of ours!" Blaze said seeing the black creature going on a rampage, she could sense it's anger and unfortunatly had no choice her eyes began to glow again as she  shot fire from her hands at the black creature.(To be continued in edit later)
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »
Ara shook his head and brought a hand to his forehead.
"Oh jeez," he sighed, "one misunderstanding and it's already ruined. That while we already were tense... Speak of unfortunate."

He turned to Zuka. "Commander, allow me to try and get this straight with those Bohrar creatures. I know we are on unstable foot with them, but we at least owe them an apology... And an explanation. Send one or two men along, but please, not the goo monster." He said this last bit softer as to not draw Beast's attention. He knew he was no match for its sheer physical strength, but he had some tricks up his sleeve.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
Beast was pleased with the result, even though it didn't happen as he planned. He hoped that strangers have understood why the symbiote did so and won't do anything silly anymore. Truth told, the Klyntar wanted to play with them. Alas, the playfulness of such creatures is often considered as an attempt to kill. Regardless, Blaze's actions have their consequences: the black monster was able to avoid the flame attack. However, Darvo wasn't surprised by what has happened. The Turian has expected something like this. And before the ex-Hierarchy trooper could say anything, there was a whisper in his mind. It was calling his name somewhere far away. It wasn't the symbiote inside him for sure, yet the alien couldn't resist. Who and why - now it's a personal affair.

"How nice! But I won't blame you. I'm a monster as your kind might say. What if I say monsters don't always look as such? Think about it, UNSC.". The Beast said, then performed a massive leap in the air, disappearing in the jungle forests. If things don't go south, Darvo will meet the team again. But even in the worse case, Zuka and Andrew don't need to worry about him. By all documents, Pax is dead, so reporting the death of an already deceased person is silly. But the Turian and his parasitic buddy is a unique couple, and the former was sure, he hasn't seen the team for the latest time. At the same time, Darvo can't be confident if he encounters them as allies or as enemies. Time will show.

(OOC: I'm postponing my participation here, so feel free to continue w/o me. Happy RP'ing, people!)
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2020, 11:52:30 PM »
"Would someone mind explaining to me what the hell just happened?" Andrew growled. Zuka looked to the strange creatures.

"Later, Frosty," he said. He approached the creatures and kept his weapon lowered. "And for the record, those are UNSC Pelican Drop Ships. The Iron bear mercs use a very different, very outdated drop ship for ferrying troops and vehicles. No need to shoot at them."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2020, 12:34:24 AM »
Blaze's eye glow dimmed as she held her head "I don't know anymore..." She muttered.

"Whose the wise guy?!" Sheila the pink  Minotaur like creature asked, hands glowing a neon green aura.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 12:09:08 PM »
Ara was still in shock. He was almost certain Beast couldn't have overheard him. And if it didn't, it meant it also had some kind of psychic powers. That might spell more trouble. As he thought, he realised he'd best exlain the situation to the captains of the drop ships.

Ara raised his voice, saying, "No need for panic, everyone! There has just been a big misunderstanding. We have encountered an unknown lifeform on this planet, and they mistook the Pelicans for Iron Bears' ships. They took a shot at you in self-defence, and things kind of went out of control from there. I hope to re-establish a relationship- with your permission, of course."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:41 PM »
As the crew regrouped and planned, several muffled pops echoed from the trees, followed by shouting and the rapid staccato of automatic fire. Then, more muffled pops responded. A firefight has begun in the distance, obviously between the local creatures and the mercenaries.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2020, 12:13:24 AM »
"Sounds like the Iron Bears have another outpost or camp site nearby," Zuka commented.

"Let's take it out of commission," Andrew commanded. "All forces, form up on me!" In modified M12 LRVs, the force would head for the sound of the gunfire.

At the Iron Bear battle site, the Iron Bears' combat armor provided enough protection against the local creatures' weapons - but not all of the mercenaries had such armor. Most of those present were newbs or grunts.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »
Ara realised he had little choice but to enter the fray. At the same time, however, he kept a strict moral code which prevented him from killing anything capable of higher reasoning.
But, there was nothing preventing him from incapacitating them. If he just caused a few crippling wounds to each merc, he'd subdue them easily enough. He definitely had the skill to do so. That said, he drew both his swords and jumped into the battle.

His gold and white armour suddenly turned to black and gunmetal. His blue accents lost colour too. Despite camouflaging himself, he did not hide his sword mastery. With great speed and accuracy he cut tendons left and right, crippling arms and legs wherever he went. The iron bears' armour proved to be a problem for his blades, so he left those with heavy armour for the rest of the troops. It was obvious he maximally used his training advantage.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:28:09 AM by Anna Steen »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2020, 09:24:57 PM »
Not one who really enjoyed driving, Blaze followed along in a passenger seat of one of the Warthogs, grumbling all the way....

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2020, 05:28:40 AM »
The Mercs kept streams of hot lead sweeping across craggy, tooth-like boulders on the side of a small hill. Six of the blue creatures hunkered behind granite, snapping off quick, panicked shots. They were pinned, doomed without assistance.

As Ara first entered the fray, the mercs turned to engage, turning already red-hot barrels on the strange metal man with the flashing blades. The rock-bound blue creatures held their fire, for fear of hitting a supposed ally.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2020, 12:54:59 AM »
Not long after, M12 Warthog LRVs burst into the area, firing on the Iron Bear mercs. UNSC Marines and ODSTs drilled those that didn't retreat. And on the gun of one of those vehicles was Andrew, dressed fully in his Spartan armor. He looked toward the locals. "You boys need a hand?" he asked. Zuka arrived almost immediately after Andrew's comment.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2020, 01:15:52 AM »
 Blaze of course wasn't too fond of riding in a warthog or vehicle for that matter so sat in the passenger seat, arms cross over her chest,

Elsewhere on the field the large Bull like Shiela jumped out of a warthog that had slid into a few Iron bear marines letting loose streams of 14.5mm rounds from her own Heavy machine gun at the Iron Bears making sure  to  avoid friendly fire against her own forces and avoid hitting any of the blue creatures.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:21:57 AM by Alessia Starfurr »