The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27765 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
*** Dreamscape ***

"... he deserves to grow up free of fear and danger," Vulkest told Viktor.

"That much, I can agree with - but I can't just drop everything and leave," Viktor said. "There's a woman - an elf..."

"I know," Vulkest said. "Atauri, I think you said her name was. An intriguing woman, to be sure, even for an elf. Can she be trusted?"

"I trust her," Viktor said. "And she's dedicated to saving this world."

As the conversation carried on, it appeared that neither Viktor nor Vulkest could sense Atauri was there.

"You feel for her, don't you?" Vulkest asked.

"I'm not sure what you--" Viktor started.

"Don't give me that BS, Viktor - I've known you too long. You love her. It shows," Vulkest cut him off.

Viktor sighed.

"I haven't felt this way about any woman since Li," Viktor admitted. "So you can see why I am hesitant to leave. I can't leave her behind. Not like this. Not with how Tammuzan is tearing itself apart."

"And I cannot, in good conscience, take such a romance away from you, after what you've been through - quite the conundrum," Vulkest said. "So how do you suppose we--" he stopped suddenly, then his head whipped around to look directly at where Atauri would be. "We're not alone..." he said.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
*** Dreamscape ***
Indeed, they were  not alone, for in the Dreamscape version of bushes nearby a small Purple and orange dragon watched her green eyes, only reflecting light when the angle of the light was perfect, she had been hiding there for some time and knew of the other hiding within the dreamscape, though unlike Vulkest, Vicktor  and herself, this one wasn't in their natural form in the Dreamscape, she had heard something about a 'son', her mouth silently agape would have fallen off of her jaw had it not been attached, upon the realization of this... shutting her mouth she had been hiding there for  the duration of the conversation only missing out on the beginning

****Outside the dreamscape ***
The white wolf Spyra was motionless eyes shut and sitting down on the ground, perhaps the spell had worn her out more than she thought, or maybe she was in a deep meditation...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
*** Dreamscape ***

Listening to Viktor and Vulkest chatting, Atauri figured that it wasn't a nightmare. Such a relief. Yes, the night elf was afraid of what could be in Viktor's mind, and hence she was here. And probably, she was worried to much. It's her duty, after all. And even if the elf has had something to say, she opted to stay silent. None of them has to know about her presence here, despite the fact it looked like Atauri was behind an invisible glass or wall. The amount of attention that Viktor given to her has flattered the priestess. However, the sorceress decided that disturbing the two of them isn't necessary at all at the moment. She-wizard could talk to her beloved wolf right later after his sleep if that could be called like it. Too much happened for today, and Atauri assumed that it is only the beginning of the further journey. Consequently, Viktor needs a good rest, and Atauri will do everything in her power to provide it. And get familiar with sir Horgus a little better.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
*** Camp ***

With the first rays of the new day piercing over the horizon and falling upon the camp, Tristan walked up the path from the river to the camp, looking over the camp to find that everyone is asleep. He could not help but shake his head and mutter 'amateurs' under his breath. The winged fox walked over to his horse, Midnight grunting and shifting herself away from him as came close enough to touch, which drew a smirk from him. "Don't worry, girl." Tristan whispers to her, laying his hand on the side of her neck, "No pair of wings will replace you."

Midnight snorts and looks away from him, but otherwise remains quiet and still. Tristan stepped over to his satchel, digging through the bag until he pulls out a small tin container, and a tiny leather wallet. Then, the knight turns and leaves Midnight be, flipping open the tin container and pulling out one of his smokes, finding the spot where Atauri stood watch when Tristan left and leaning himself against a tree there, flipping open the wallet to pull out a match before striking it against the bark of the tree and lighting up his smoke. And so he remains there, looking over to east and watching the sun rise, enjoying his smoke and keeping watch, waiting for the others to wake up.

Of course, if they don't wake up after he finishes his smoke, he can think of a few ways to get them up, making him smirk slightly to the thought.
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

There was a pause before Viktor spoke, looking in the direction of where Atauri would be. "Atauri? Is that you?" he asked.

"Come from the shadows; you've nothing to fear from either of us," Vulkest spoke.

It was abundantly clear. Vulkest had sensed her first, and Viktor picked up on that. They knew Atauri was in the dreamscape.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

Spyra remained hidden, despite Viktor and Vulkest sensing Atauri. 'perhaps my magic is better or perhaps it is because it is dragon magic' she thought staying silent as she watched from behind a bush.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray awoke as the sun broke through the trees. He rubbed sleep from his eyes and shook the dew from his clothes. He winced as the cold metal of his chainmail touched his flesh, cold and icy. He scanned the area and smiled as he spotted Tristan. “Oh. Hello, Mr. Knight.” The young raccoon stood up, swaying slightly as he regained his balance. “D-Did you rest well? I got some, but that’s how it’s been for a while.” He drew up his sword and hitched his crossbow higher. “I guess we should hunt down breakfast. I didn’t pack nothing.” He started towards the knight-fox, chattering incessantly.
“I like your horse. It’s a pretty horse. I wish I had one. Dad had plow oxen. Did you ever ride an ox? They don’t listen. ‘Steadfast’ Dad said. I wish my dad was here. He knew Vulkest, the man the others are seeking. Though, he wouldn’t be here. He lived on the hill by my house. We should stop there soon.”

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
*** Dreamscape ***

It was only a matter of time when they would found her. Being in deep respect to both of them, Atauri didn't hesitate to reveal her. In the Dreamscape, things work differently, including magic. So the only thing the elf did is wanted to materialize. There was no more sense to hide. The same she would say about her visible presence as her curiosity about Viktor's mental state is satisfied. She has had enough nightmares in her life since ever. The White Witches Coven is the reason. Albeit, the sorceress, never regretted it. Even more - it has shown her how the real world looks like. It's something that was far beyond of dragons' understanding.

"Speak further, please. I'm here to make sure that Viktor's dream isn't a nightmare.". The purple-skinned said, appearing on the equal distance from Vulkest and Viktor. Sitting in the lotus position with her head bowed to the ground. But at the end of her speech, the sorceress has raised the head. Only to unveil her almost white eyes.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
*** Camp ***

Tristan could not help but smirk to find the kid coming over to him, rambling on as he did, heartened by Ray's cuteness. By the time Ray stood before Tristan, he was pretty much finished with his smoke, taking a last drag before flicking it away into the shrubbery, exhaling through his nose before finally addressing the small boy.

"Sure, kid. We can go and hunt something." Tristan said, looking to the weapons that Ray now holds, frowning a fraction at the sight of them, "Did your mother give you those weapons?"

Just at a glance, Tristan would be able to know that those weapons were not Ray's, nor, in his opinion, would they be Spyra's. Those are some quality weapons Ray now holds, ones that would normally fetch a hefty sum, more than a ragtag traveler and her son could afford.

"Personally, I would not suggest you use a sword at all, it's not a weapon that should be used by a child, much less so for one not properly trained. Same with the crossbow; it's a powerful weapon, but a child wouldn't be able to load it with a bolt, not without a contraption that would take you too long while in the middle of battle." Tristan says, "I'll take a wild guess and say that you have not been trained, right? If you are going to come with us, out here in the wilderness, you will need to know how to defend yourself, should you have to do so. As diligent as your mother might be, she will lose track of you on the occasion, like now for instance. If I were a bandit, I could easily steal you away right now."

"Anyway, for now, let's get something to eat." Tristan says, turning and guiding the young raccoon out of the camp, and Tristan quite literally takes Ray under his wing, "Have you hunted before?"
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Ray shook his head. “My dad gave me the sword. This is mom’s crossbow. But, she fixed it,” he pointed back at Spyra. “She’s got magic. Mom practiced a little. Dad didn’t. He said Mother Gaia didn’t like magic. ‘Don’t mettle,’ he’d say.” Again drawing the weapons close, the raccoon child marched on. “Dad taught all us boys how to fight. Ronnie and Jayce were good at it, but I couldn’t really lift the sword. I wish I could. Maybe I’d still have my family.” He sniffed, shrugged, and shook his head. He stopped when Tristan made mention of being a bandit, but continued shortly after. “But you’re not a bandit. You’re a knight. A hero. Like Dad’s stories.” He trundled on, noisily breaking twigs and crinkling leaves with a childish fervor, a wide toothy grin on his face. “I always liked going in the woods. It’s nice.” Ray drew his crossbow, delighted to see the bowstring had already been drawn, awaiting the bolt. The young raccoon drew one of the few bolts he had and slotted it, keeping the weapon angled skyward. “Dad took me rabbit hunting before...well, before...” He sniffed and added quickly. “I-It doesn’t matter. I can hunt.”

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
*** In the forests ***

"I'm afraid that rabbit will simply not do for us." Tristan said, suddenly reaches out his gauntletted hand to press against Ray's chest, stopping the boy in his tracks, and then he pointed off into the distance to where a deer would stand grazing, "A deer, however, is much more substantial, enough for all of us and some left for later. Since you have been taught how to hunt, this will be a good opportunity to show me what you can do."

"Kill the deer." Tristan said, looking down at Ray with a smirk, keeping his voice low, "If you can."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:09:56 PM by Tristan Foxalot »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
*The Forest*
Ray nodded and shouldered the crossbow. He sighted the deer, and took a deep breath.
Ka-thunk!
The bolt leapt from the bow and dug deep into the deer. However, as Ray had never hunted an animal larger than a rabit, the bolt sunk into the animal's haunch, it's feathers stained red. The deer glanced back briefly at the pair before taking off into the woodland, leaving a trail of shrubs and crimson.
The young raccoon stared in disbelief, unaware that where the bolt struck actually mattered. He blinked and looked up to Tristan. "S-Sorry, mister knight. I-I don't know what happened."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

"Viktor was telling me of this world's... predicament. How amusing that suddenly, I'm needed, with the world tearing itself apart," Vulkest told Atauri. "But my first concern is the well-being of my son. I cannot do anything until he is safe."

"I know a few places we can take him, but we need to get to Vulkest and his son, quickly - even here, I can sense something lurking at the edge of my perceptions," Viktor added. "Whether or not our enemies are aware of Vulkest and his son is currently unclear."

"I lost my sister to those dragonslayer slags - my mate died in a demon attack. My son... is all I have left," Vulkest said. "I implore you, elven sorceress... get my son to safety. Keep him safe from the elements that seek his demise."

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
*** In the forests ***

"At least you took the shot." Tristan chuckled, giving the little man a pat on his shoulder, "And you actually did hit her. That's more than most would be able to do at your age. Still, you definitely need to work on it. Come on, the deer left us a blood trail, we'll track her down and you can finish the job."

"There are two ways to kill a deer with an arrow." Tristan tells Ray, walking through the forest following the trail, "Through massive blood loss or from suffocation. In order to do this, you have to aim for the deer's vital organs, and the largest of those is the lung, located behind the shoulder, covering the midsection down to the underside of the animal. Aim for that area and strike true, and the deer will be brought down quickly and cleanly."

"Here, pass me the crossbow." Tristan says, offering his hand out to take it, "I'll load another bolt for you."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***
"I can see to that." Spyra said softly as she came out of the nearby bushes she had been hinding in in her small dragon form a small purple and orange dragon about the size of a huskie, at least in this form "but how did this happen?" She asked looking at Vulkest then to Viktor....