The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 25323 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2019, 07:11:06 AM »
Jayce lifted the hatch near him and poked his head into the APC.
“I’m guessing the powers that be aren’t just gonna let us leave. I don’t know how you all feel about it, but we need a distraction before leaving. A decoy, something to draw fire.” He looked at all the faces, studying them.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »
Sora went silent for most of the trip, checking over her equipment and pulling out her data comm-pad to have a look at what was still stored on it, then she hands it over to Emilá. "I no longer care about the mission, but here's the details. Use it as leverage against the corrupt." she spoke before standing up and grabbing one of the support rails in the APC while they were stationary. "If I can find the planet-side source of the interference, I think I could redirect it to their ships to cause them to be focused on me and allow a burst-message to be sent-out too. That could not only be your distraction, but buy you enough time to get off the planet. They won't expect someone to be messing with their equipment like that."

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2019, 04:23:33 PM »
Emilá grabs the compad and flicks through it, a small smile growing on her face. “This will do nicely. Assuming we don’t all die here.” She places the compad securely on her person. She pulls out her own compad. “I can probably triangulate the source of the interference for you.” She starts typing, pulling up maps and interference patterns.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2019, 04:26:17 PM »
"My ADF will work better. Points me in the direction where the source of the signal is the strongest." she spoke as she tapped on her helmet. "It is ahead of us, but I think you guys should go find the ship our Hunter friend has in store for you."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #394 on: April 11, 2019, 11:59:45 PM »
"Whatever we decide, we better do it fast," K'Tath said. "We will need a landing zone so I can bring my ship here - high elevation so we can see any Xenomorphs coming at us, defensible, but sturdy enough to withstand my ship long enough to get everyone aboard."

Mesmerin blinked once, remembering something he had read in a pamphlet of the Hotel he and Emila and the others had been staying at, something about it's historic significance to New Colorado:

During the Second UNSC-Covenant War, against the Covenant Resurgence, this hotel had served as a base of operations for a joint UNSC-Sangheili task force during their liberation of New Colorado; the very rooftop was where Sangheili ships set their gravity lifts to offload troops during the final battle.

Mesmerin looked to Emila. "Emila... did you ever read the pamphlet of the hotel we had been staying at?" he asked.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #395 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:34 AM »
“Of course, but I highly doubt it’s important now how their spa is rated 4th on New Colorado and it’s a historical site from the-“ Emilá’s eyes light up. “The roof! The hotel roof is a landing pad!” She looks at K’Tath. “You can land on the roof of the hotel in the city, that’s genius! But is it safe to return to the main city?”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: April 12, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »
"Safe or not, that hotel would provide an excellent, defensible position, and can withstand the weight of a starship long enough for us to get aboard and get off-world," Mesmerin said.

"If we're thinking of the same hotel, then that hotel is only a few minutes from here - we can get there, set up, call for K'Tath's ship, and get off-world with time time to spare," Megan added.

"I know the hotel you speak of," K'Tath admitted. "I've landed there myself, long ago. Long story."

Eddie looked between Emila, Mesmerin, and Megan. "That's not bad... that's not bad." He looked to K'Tath. "How fast can your ship get here?"

In response, K'Tath accessed his Radio. "Cobalt - get the ship ready for takeoff, and stay cloaked; when we call, track my signal and land quietly; I'll take controls once everyone is aboard."

While the plan was being set in motion, Megan turned the Stryker around and headed for the hotel.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #397 on: April 12, 2019, 07:39:18 AM »
"I'm sorry, but this is my stop." she spoke as she popped the vehicle's rear-door open with a quick-release. "I'll need to get to the jammer before you can leave or else you'll be gunned down. And you can't take off and get the jammer redirected at the same time." Sora added as she hopped out, heading in the direction her ADF was tuned-to, the door closing automatically while it was in motion.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:21:05 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2019, 09:39:31 AM »
"You won't make it!" Rae warned Sora...

Kyva sighed... one more to the slaughter pit..."

"ships been warmed up since you took your little hunting trip, but alright i'll be there heck i might even be flying nearby...." Cobalt replied.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2019, 11:28:23 PM »
“Oh come on, there’s gotta be a better option!” Emilá gasps and a rope flies out, attempting to wrap around Sora and tie her back to the outside of the vehicle, the other end tying itself cleanly to a handle. “We can figure something out that doesn’t include hasty self sacrifice!”

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:25 AM »
"Even your abilities have range-limits. There's no way for you to be able to operate it and take off within a viable time." she spoke as she ducked under the rope to avoid it, taking off running. The direction the direction-finder and the source of the interference on the ground seemed to be coming from one of the nearby hotels. "Hm... so they managed to set-up base right under our noses while we were distracted."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: April 16, 2019, 01:46:21 AM »
"Enough!" Mesmerin shouted. "We're all going together! Forget the signal, it's gonna go up when this planet does! We need to make for that hotel, get to the roof, hold off the Xenomorphs till K'Tath's ship can evac us, and get the hell off-world without tipping off ONI or WY!" He looked to Sora. "You jump this APC again before we get where we're going, and you're on your own! We have come too far to throw all our chances away playing hero!"

"Settle down, Mesmerin," K'Tath said calmly. "But he is half-right. Forget the signal, forget what you're trying to sacrifice yourself for. There will be other chances. For now, we have to get off-world. The sooner, the better. And unless you have a better plan for getting us all outta dodge, and keep us off WY's radar, then you should stick with us."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #402 on: April 16, 2019, 03:05:59 AM »
"Leave her to die if she so wishes." Kyva said. "I will not stop one who is so set on commiting suicide." the Sangheili sighed.

Rae didn't say anything instead making sure her weapons and equipment were working either way she knew they would need to be used.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: April 16, 2019, 03:15:37 AM »
"I said GO!" she spoke before drawing her pistol out to aim into the APC. "If we don't take out that jamming array, then we are toast anyways. So this is your final warning. Get to the ship and wait for my call before take-off. You'll be able to hear me. If you take off too early, trying to exit the atmosphere will make you light up like a beacon no matter how much cloaking or heat-stealth you have. If I point them to me then you actually have a chance. So go. No discussions."

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: April 16, 2019, 03:49:50 AM »
“I mean if she wants to die for attention, whatever.” Emilá mutters.