The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 26682 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
Once at the top, she stopped the recording and turned her comm back on before making her way to the portable jammer. "Not much time... got to change it." she thought out-loud as she rushed to it, using only one hand to change the settings while the other hand held her pistol at-ready. At the end, she managed to change the focus and start redirecting the jammer at the Weyland-Yutani ship in orbit, taking off the black-box of her suit and attaching it to the jammer before playing a wide-beam message on repeat.

"This is Sora Dazzel, Ex-Systems Alliance Commander in Combat Search-and-Rescue. Attached to this burst-message are the coordinates of New Colorado along with other pertinent documents. Do NOT come to this planet without proper precautions. It will be decimated by Weyland-Yutani's Quarantine-Order against escaped bioweapons called Xenomorphs. I will be Dishonorably Discharged postmortem, so my own fate matters not... but this message is to ensure that not only has Weyland-Yutani betrayed the people, but the Systems Alliance is not innocent either. To further their own agenda, they have not only allowed force-arranged marriages, but have taken advantage of them as well. And with that, I leave this message, my hopes that the message-relays in the stars continue to repeat this message beyond the next sunrise. Sora Dazzel, out."

With the message going, she drew out her other pistol in ready for any creatures or beings that would come to interrupt it, intending to hold out for as long as possible as the jammer was blaring at full-power at the Weyland-Yutani ship.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »
(Let's keep this going, people. Mikala, been waiting on your post.)

Mesmerin and K'Tath were the first inside, followed by Megan, Molly and Eddie. Darcy was close behind.

The interior of the hotel looked unchanged. "Where are the stairs?" K'Tath asked, cycling through various vision modes to try and spot anything the Xenomorphs might throw at them.

"This way," Mesmerin said, heading for one particular doorway.

*** Elsewhere ***

There would be faint hissing, but with the rain falling and the occasional thunder, one couldn't tell where Sora was. But there was one sound that did not belong - a deep growl accompanied by heavy footfalls coming from behind Sora as a Predalien approached, its tail lashing this-way-and-that.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2019, 06:20:52 PM »
Kyva and Rae entered last  guns drawn in case anything was following them, they wern't taking chances anymore.

"Last i recall the stairs were next to the elevator." Rae replied as she caught up with the others, her and Kyva in the rear....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2019, 06:24:26 PM »
Emilá follows up behind Mesmerin warily, nodding at what Rae says.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »
Sora heard the movement, quietly shifting her position and adjusting so her aim would not hit the jammer or a lunging attack from the creature would not slam into the jammer either. "Easy does it, no loud noises. Could activate the suit-sealing to hide my smell due to this rain..." she thought, her pistols aimed at the creature. "Just keep it away from the device. Fire only to get it away."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2019, 10:30:41 PM »
The Predalien continued looking for Sora, seemingly unable to see or track Sora by her pheromones.

*** Hotel ***

Mesmerin and K'Tath approached the stairway door, and Mesmerin attempted to open it, to no avail. "Locked..." he growled. He took aim with his rifle, and fired a short burst at the hinges and the doorknob mechanism, then kicked the door down.

"You can draw their attention doing that," Eddie commented.

A distant, echoing hiss sounded. "They already know we're here - let's not give them a chance to reach us," K'Tath suggested. "Get moving up the stairs, double-time; I'll bring up the rear." Mesmerin nodded, and he moved to the stairway, followed by Megan, then Molly, Eddie and finally Darcy. K'Tath nodded to Emila, Rae and Kyva, indicating they should get moving. K'Tath's motion sensor painted a contact, and after cycling through a few vision modes, he confirmed it was a Xenomorph. He armed the plasma casters and opened fire, nailing the creature as it leapt for him. The acid blood landed well short of K'Tath, but hissing continued, and K'Tath stood his ground, to cover the others as they went for the staircase.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2019, 10:33:50 PM »
"you coulda asked me to kick in the door." Kyva noted as he hurried up the stairs

Rae was right behind Kyva keeping the rear whatched but just ahead of K'tath...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:13 AM »
Emilá follows close behind, her energy sword lighting up and floating near her head, at the ready.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: April 26, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »
Sora waits and watches the creature as she moves quietly, being at ready to fire if it were to make any sudden moves. She intentionally kept her aim away from the jammer the entire time, knowing the longer it was up, the stronger chance she had of getting her message out. "C'mon... you're running out of time, Mesmerin. WY knows by now that someone's survived and I see no ship leaving." she thought as she kept up her stand-off with this creature.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: April 26, 2019, 03:01:26 PM »
Once everyone was headed up the stairway, K'Tath moved up it himself, following the group as they made their ascent toward the roof.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2019, 01:37:00 PM »
"So Tell me hunter." Kyva began "How long have you known these creatures?" the Sangheili asked.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2019, 01:07:19 AM »
"Long enough to know how they operate," K'Tath told the Sangheili. "Keep moving! We need to get to the roof!"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2019, 02:01:44 AM »
Jayce had some difficulty navigating the hotel. He kept the massive rifle brandished, but continually snagged it on door handles and abandoned detritus.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2019, 05:06:44 AM »
Emila comes up next to Jayce and gently nudges it out of the way of another door handle. "You know that's slowing you down..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2019, 06:12:27 AM »
Sora eventually got her aim (and the Predalien's) away from the direct-line of fire to the relay, quietly inhaling to control her breathing before the helmet's seal opened. "C'mon! You want to hunt!" she yelled out at it to draw out the creature's attention before opening fire with her heat-based shots. In the process, she anticipated the creature to lunge, getting ready to drop to her back so she could leg-throw if needed.