The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 26784 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #435 on: May 02, 2019, 07:45:39 PM »
It took some time to get to the rooftop, but once there, Mesmerin kicked the door down and motioned for the others. "Come on! We're almost out of here!" K'Tath was the first out, scanning the area for any signs of the Xenomorphs.

*** Elsewhere ***

The Predalien snarled when shot, and immediately, its tail lashed out at Sora.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #436 on: May 02, 2019, 08:15:27 PM »
She dropped fully onto her back while firing some more shots at the Predalien, now aiming less on vitals and more on the thighs, arms and head for attempts at disabling the creature. She knew the noise would most likely draw more attention, but she was still only buying as much time as she could for her message to be heard.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2019, 07:22:26 PM »
The shots would wound the Predalien, but it would not stop it. It would lash out again with the tail, and then charge.

(Waiting for others to post.)
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »
"Anything?" Rae asked K'Tath.

Kyva looked around studiing the area

*unknown transmission*

"K'Tath are you ready for me com traffic is getting really heavy in orbit.... We might have a slight problem when leaving the planet."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2019, 10:28:07 PM »
She rolled to avoid the tail before she started another barrage as best as she could, now trying for vital shots as it did not seem to be slowing down. "Why don't you just DIE!" she growled out, intentionally moving to prevent her aim from hitting the transmission-array.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2019, 01:24:55 AM »
Emilá follows onto the roof, and once everyone is through she would bend the door with her mind to make it unable to be opened ordinarily.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #441 on: May 06, 2019, 01:38:39 AM »
Mesmerin noticed what Emila was doing, and came back to her. "Uh, Emila, whatcha doin'?" He would go to grab her arm and try and bring her to the intended LZ. "These guys don't use doors..."

(Kudos to whoever gets the reference)

It was at a clearing on the rooftop that K'Tath stopped. "This'll work - set up, stay sharp!" He commanded. He then accessed his radio. "K'Tath to Cobalt - ready for dust-off. We'll be leaving under cloak, full silent running. When you get here, stay cloaked, and open the loading ramp. We'lll be running aboard."

*** Elsewhere ***

The Predalien howled again, but instead of pressing the attack, just paused, looking to another building, and then taking off for it. In its place, a trio of Xenomorphs went after Sora.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2019, 01:51:22 AM »
Rae's ears shot up  her helmet designed to let her ears move around "Whatever you have planned K'Tath you better hurry i feel something just found us." She explained  readying her rifle.

Kyva also readied his plasma rifles.

"Roger but I need to speak with you before we leave planet side i found a problem..."  Cobalt replied warming up the ship and bringing it to a hover as she prepped for a landing at K'Tath's position.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:49:02 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2019, 07:36:27 AM »
(Mummy Returns)

Sora had a moment to swap out the heat-sinks in one of her pistols, keeping the other aimed at it as it made the noise. When it tried to flee, she managed to land a couple more shots on it before the trio popped up. "Well, this is it. Looks like this is where you get to test yourself. Last as long as you can." she thought out-loud before starting to fire on the Xenomorphs in quick succession.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #444 on: May 06, 2019, 01:37:57 PM »
Jayce's ear twitched. "Something howled. Big. Angry." He smirked, and brought his rifle up, watching the direction of the howl. "Rifle's bigger and angrier."

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #445 on: May 07, 2019, 05:17:03 AM »
Emila looks at Mesmerin. "Well... Worth a shot?" She shrugs and prepares for battle.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2019, 01:30:37 AM »
Sora would find herself faced with one Xenomorph after another. One would go down, and another would take its place. Oddly - or perhaps, as one would expect - they seemed not to be trying to kill her, but rather grab her.

"Save your ammo," K'Tath advised Jayce. "That thing that howled... I know what it is. You will need your ammo for it's spawn. I will deal with the mother. Myself." K'Tath shut off his plasma casters and unclipped a small item from his armor, and held it in his paw. It was vaguely cylindrical in appearance, looking like a hilt. It would not take a genius to figure out what it was.

Mesmerin prepped for battle with the others, but... nothing happened. It was as though the Xenomorphs had their attention elsewhere.

And that wouldn't be incorrect; at Gilliam Circle, the town survivors that were armed were holding the Xenomorphs at bay - but barely.

At the rooftop, a black creature bashed its way through the doorway Emila had bent. K'Tath held out a hand, indicating the others to stay their weapons. "This battle is mine alone," he said. He walked over between them and the massive Predalien. An uncharacteristic growl came from K'Tath, followed by a defiant roar, then a snap-hiss! as the weapon in his hand went active with an Imperial Crimson blade. The Predalien roared back, and made the first rush. K'Tath leapt over the beast and landed a hit to the Predalien's back. The creature howled, and lashed out with its tail - which was dodged, and then subsequently cut off just a few inches from the spear-like tip. The creature again howled, louder than before, and lashed out with a hand and grabbed K'Tath, then threw him into a wall. K'Tath was quick to recover, and dodged as the massive creature charged - straight in to the wall. The impact caused a massive crack, and K'Tath landed another hit. The Predalien wailed, and lashed at K'Tath again, who was once again thrown. This time, he hit his head, and was momentarily stunned - and it was all the Predalien needed to gain an upper hand. It was quick to leap onto him, and pin him. It opened its maw, and that inner tongue-mouth was ready. But K'Tath had one more card to play. Summoning his power, he jammed his legs into the creature's belly, and his power lifted it off him and threw it over the edge. The creature screeched all the way down, and impacted with an audible thump! K'Tath looked over the edge in time to see the creature get up, glower at him, and take off toward the spaceport. "Yeah, good luck with that, ***hole," he muttered. He got up, collected the spear tail tip he cut off, then checked the time. After, he accessed his comm: "Cobalt, where the hell are ya? We got ten minutes to get outta here!"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:33:10 AM by Romulan_Furry »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2019, 02:08:33 AM »
"What you want me to decloak now? here? in front of everyone so they can see us and shoot us out of the air?" Cobalt asked, soon a strong gust of wind blew over the rooftops K'Tath's ship landed on the Rooftop, the only indication of it's position  being the  sudden appearence of a loading ramp.

"Is that our cue to leave before this place is glassed into a giant window?" Rae asked,  pointing to the ramp.

"If they don't glass this planet they'll nuke it untill it's just as bad as the Uggoy homeworld!" Kyva noted.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: May 10, 2019, 04:10:37 AM »
Sora was now going for the kill-shots with these creatures as she was trying to conserve her shots, her radio-receiver picking up activity from another roof before her own transmitter kicks on. "If... you don't... get off... this miserable planet... I'll... personally... kick you... into orbit myself!" she was managing to speak out before one of the Xenomorphs landed in an attempted grab. This shocked the one that had got their claws around her and allowed her a chance to escape, but it wasn't without repercussions as her kinetic barrier went down to half. "Didn't like that, did ya! Got more where that came from!"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:14:22 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2019, 07:06:05 AM »
Jayce, not one to let prey live, tracked the Predalien’s movement, and approximated it’s location. He brought the gigantic rifle to bear, lined it up with the monster’s movement, and fired. The tongue of flame lashed out, pulled a foot away from the muzzle as the round passed through it at several times the speed of sound. Though Jayce was an expert hunter, the range and foliage obscuring his view definitely made the shot difficult. If the round struck the creature true, its innards would spool from its body in a semi-gaseous liquid, its bones reduced to dust. A glancing shot would hinder it considerably, hydrostatic shock pulling a good few pints of blood from the wound as the round struck earth. A miss would at the very least scare the thing, leaving a pile of carbonized dirt and molten rock.

Satisfied, Jayce turned on his heel, switching out to his final bullet. “Well, she’s either dead, dying, or scared to death. Let’s jump ship ‘fore the window closes, eh?”