The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 27223 times)

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2019, 12:19:38 AM »
“I guarantee someone’s noticed the interference.” Emilá mutters, unamused. “Likely my father at least.”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #376 on: April 05, 2019, 01:03:16 AM »
"WY ship wouldn't be advisable," K'Tath spoke. "They aren't supposed to be handling Xenomorphs in UNSC Territory in the first place. Because you all know about their involvement in the outbreak here, you all are a threat to WY. Stealing one of their ships would only tell them you are alive, and they'll send mercenary hit squads at you till you surrender or die. It's the latter I'm going for - the only way you get off scot-free from the idiot corporation's f***up is if they believe you perished here - either to the Xenomorphs that got loose or whatever else they decide to do. The civilians here, they have made no connection between the Xenomorphs and WY, and given current circumstances, I doubt they will; we can evac them, maybe, without WY giving them much beyond an interview to see what happened. The lot of us are the threat to WY, because we know what they don't want getting out."

Mesmerin spotted red lights up ahead consistent with vehicles. No current sign of activity. Still, he spoke up: "Contact, dead ahead - might be our UNSC Colonial Guard. Eyes open, weapons up - if the Xenos are still in the area, we don't wanna get blindsided by them. Trust me."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #377 on: April 05, 2019, 01:39:30 AM »
"i don't like this." Rae muttered....

"smells like a trap." Kyva added as he followed along.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #378 on: April 05, 2019, 07:28:14 AM »
"It is definitely a trap." Sora spoke, trying to slow the others down as she redrew her other pistol. "All activity is silent ahead and the source of the interference seems to be stronger from that direction if my helmet's ADF is right. Mesmerin, do these creatures react to specific sounds or frequencies? Following some or staying away from others? I'm actually picking up something other than radio-frequencies. Ultrasonic ranges."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #379 on: April 05, 2019, 02:34:13 PM »
Even at the slowed pace, the party came across the group of military vehicles that had been the UNSC Colonial Guard. But, while there were no Xenomorphs, nor anything on motion trackers, the scene was too quiet, aside from the wailing siren in the distance and the rain storm. "What the hell...?" Darcy shuddered.

There were UNSC effects everywhere - shell casings, empty magazines, LBE Straps, but... "What the f*** is goin' on, Eddie?!" Mesmerin shouted.

"Where the hell are the bodies?" Eddie remarked, noting that, seeing as the Colonian Guard marines were dead, there should have been bodies everywhere. But there weren't.

"Oh, they're gonna kill us all!" Darcy despaired. Mesmerin looked to her.

"Hey! We're not dead yet!" he told her sharply.

"There may be weapons and equipment we can still use!" Megan said, and headed into the APC to begin going through the weapons, and soon equipped herself with an MA5D ICWS. She handed Eddie a fresh M45D Tactical Shotgun when he spotted something.

"Radio!" he pointed to a military radio sitting on the APC bench. Megan handed it to him, and he activated it. "Colonial Guard, come in! Repeat, any Colonial Guard Unit, please come in!"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #380 on: April 05, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »
Rae climbed into the APC and got up into the turret, then growled "this machine gun is very low on ammo!" she grumbled as she lifted the small belt  up to show the others

Kyva climbed in after Molly and Megan got in determined that they would go before him, since he had decided to be their bodyguard, for now.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #381 on: April 05, 2019, 08:33:59 PM »
"Definitely some action happened. If Mesmerin's right, we probably won't find bodies." she grumbled as she started to scavenge around to see if she could find ammo for the turrets, putting one pistol away to allow her free-hand to lift-and-carry anything she might find useful for the APC. "Doesn't look like fuel's an issue for the time being, but I'd rather have a Mako than this ancient vehicle."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #382 on: April 05, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »
Contrary to a jamming signal, Eddie got a response from the UNSC Radio. "This is Colonel Stevens, UNSC Army. Identify yourself." Came a gruff voice with a southern accent. The name caught Megan's attention, frowning and turning her head as though she recognized the name.

"Sheriff Eddie Morales, Gunnison, New Colorado," Eddie replied. "You have to help us, Colonel. There's some sort of infestation, and if we don't get help soon, there won't be any of us left. What's the Army's evacuation plan?" There was a pause, and there was no immediate response. "Colonel?" Eddie spoke again. Still no response. "Colonel, we need immediate evac!"

Finally, Stevens replied: "Sheriff, all ground routes have been compromised; there is a dropship evac to orbit in thirty minutes from Gilliam Circle." This made Megan's frown deepen.

"Confirm: Dropship Evac, Gilliam Circle. We'll be there in twenty minutes," Eddie responded.

"Confirmed, Sheriff," Stevens affirmed.

"But that's right in the center of town!" Megan protested.

"We'll be there, Colonel," Eddie assured him, then turned off the radio. Megan knew not to argue at present. They had been here too long. Only one thing to do. "EVERYONE!" She called out to the party, in case there were any that were distant - and so she would be heard over the siren, "GET IN THE STRYKER!" She then went up to the driver station, and waited.

(RP will continue after everyone has posted.)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #383 on: April 05, 2019, 10:14:23 PM »
Sora's helm-radio kicked on and the ADF tuned to the UNSC radio to show the general direction of where it came from. "Ah. Good ol' Anti-jamming. That tech's still somewhat reliable." she thought to herself as she managed to load in a couple of salvaged ammo-cans worth during the talk. "All I could find in the other turrets... at least they have some small-arms still in this one." she spoke before the call for everyone to get in. The wolf hops in the back and starts doing a count of how many shots she has to work with while the auto-cooler was at work on the spent heat-sinks.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #384 on: April 05, 2019, 10:23:59 PM »
"UNSC doesn't use fossil fuels anymore prefering to use Fuel cells that can use water, and usually boast a very high range, i doubt this will need refueling for a few days." Rae explained, throwing the small belt of ammo down below prefering to use her battle rifle instead since she carried more ammo for it.

Kyva nodded in response "Indeed water will be the least of our fuel worries, our biggest worry will be ammo and our lives." the Sangheili noted. "But what really worries me is that their funneling everyone into the center of town....that's a big target for this Xeno infestation." he added.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2019, 04:11:55 AM »
Jayce scrambled up the side of the Stryker, his weapon simply wouldn’t let him inside. He knelt low, behind the remote gun, his own rifle cradled in his arms. As he scanned the horizon, Jayce compiled his thoughts. The things running amok had acidic blood, if he heard right. It’d wash off his shields, but the emitters would overheat eventually. Ranged weapons were the way, unfortunately. The arquebus would draw attention for miles, easy, and only carried a single shell at a time. The smart-pistol was better, but it only carried twelve rounds per magazine, and Jayce only carried three mags at once. Jayce silently prayed that the creatures would ignore his brother. Acid-blooded monsters were one thing, but a daemonically possessed death-machine was another.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #386 on: April 09, 2019, 03:03:49 AM »
Emilá remains uncharacteristically silent through all this, watching and waiting. "Will 30 minutes be enough time?" She mutters, joining the others.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »
Once everyone was in the APC, Megan closed the rear hatch, fired up the engine, and headed for the supposed evac point. About five minutes down the road, she stopped the vehicle with a nervous sigh.

Eddie noticed this, looking up to the panther and asking, "Why are we stopping?"

"It doesn't make any sense," Megan said. "Gilliam Circle is right in the center of town; we'll be surrounded by those things!"

Mesmerin looked over at her. "Wait a second - what are you saying?" He asked.

Megan inhaled, as though getting ready to share something she shouldn't. "I think the Colonel was lying," she stated.

Darcy shook her head. "That's crazy; the UNSC Army doesn't like to people!" She protested.

"This isn't the work of the Army; Colonel Stevens isn't UNSC Army... He's from ONI. I know him well enough to know that he thinks about containment first, regardless of casualties. He won't risk this getting any worse."

"Help is a few miles down that road and they're waiting for us; now, if you won't drive us there, I will," Eddie said.

"Eddie, if she's right, the only thing down that road is more of those things," Mesmerin said.

"You're not seriously considering this?" Eddie queried in disbelief.

"I'm considering whatever keeps us alive!" Mesmerin responded.

"Which means getting off this planet - undetected," Megan said. There was a brief pause after this, before Darcy spoke:

"There are only two places with shuttles that can reach orbit; one is the spaceport--"

"Too far at this point; we'd never make it in time," Mesmerin cut her off.

"And the other one is the Hospital," Darcy finished.

"The people at the hospital probably used the shuttles already to get out," Eddie said.

"That's a chance we have to take," Megan replied.

"If you're wrong, and the shuttles are gone, we're all dead!" Eddie exclaimed.

"If I'm right, they're dead if they follow you!" Was Megan's response.

K'Tath, who had been silent until this point, chose that moment to speak up: "You can all waste time arguing this tactical scenario - until the birds above nuke us from orbit, or the Xenomorphs find us again, whichever comes first - or we can take the option I provided, and take my ship off-world, avoiding detection and, in some cases..." He looked to Emila. "... Escaping the clutches of others. Weyland-Yutani and ON I won't have any proof any of us are alive. They'll assume, along with... Certain others... That we died, and we'll just slip under the radar unnoticed. But we have to stop fighting among ourselves and make a decision, fast, before we get vaporized."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2019, 12:44:32 AM »
Once everyone was in the APC, Megan closed the rear hatch, fired up the engine, and headed for the supposed evac point. About five minutes down the road, she stopped the vehicle with a nervous sigh.

Eddie noticed this, looking up to the panther and asking, "Why are we stopping?"

"It doesn't make any sense," Megan said. "Gilliam Circle is right in the center of town; we'll be surrounded by those things!"

Mesmerin looked over at her. "Wait a second - what are you saying?" He asked.

Megan inhaled, as though getting ready to share something she shouldn't. "I think the Colonel was lying," she stated.

Darcy shook her head. "That's crazy; the UNSC Army doesn't like to people!" She protested.

"This isn't the work of the Army; Colonel Stevens isn't UNSC Army... He's from ONI. I know him well enough to know that he thinks about containment first, regardless of casualties. He won't risk this getting any worse."

"Help is a few miles down that road and they're waiting for us; now, if you won't drive us there, I will," Eddie said.

"Eddie, if she's right, the only thing down that road is more of those things," Mesmerin said.

"You're not seriously considering this?" Eddie queried in disbelief.

"I'm considering whatever keeps us alive!" Mesmerin responded.

"Which means getting off this planet - undetected," Megan said. There was a brief pause after this, before Darcy spoke:

"There are only two places with shuttles that can reach orbit; one is the spaceport--"

"Too far at this point; we'd never make it in time," Mesmerin cut her off.

"And the other one is the Hospital," Darcy finished.

"The people at the hospital probably used the shuttles already to get out," Eddie said.

"That's a chance we have to take," Megan replied.

"If you're wrong, and the shuttles are gone, we're all dead!" Eddie exclaimed.

"If I'm right, they're dead if they follow you!" Was Megan's response.

K'Tath, who had been silent until this point, chose that moment to speak up: "You can all waste time arguing this tactical scenario - until the birds above nuke us from orbit, or the Xenomorphs find us again, whichever comes first - or we can take the option I provided, and take my ship off-world, avoiding detection and, in some cases..." He looked to Emila. "... Escaping the clutches of others. Weyland-Yutani and ON I won't have any proof any of us are alive. They'll assume, along with... Certain others... That we died, and we'll just slip under the radar unnoticed. But we have to stop fighting among ourselves and make a decision, fast, before we get vaporized."
"That will not go well with the NCC and the Sangheili ,but I see no other options, but Kyva and I will need to find a way to contact our respective governments before they freak out, so something we'll cover when we get off this rock." Rae explained

Kyva nodded to Rae's responce "It seems fate has decided our path, so let's not waste our time where is your ship, Hunter?"

~-Unspecified location, New Colorado-~
 " K'Tath what is going on I'm getting all kinds of traffic even OnI comm traffic and codes for Shiva tactical nukes, I don't think their messing around, I'm working on a countdown timer for ONI's nukes, but it will take a bit to gather the data.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:56:41 AM by Alessia Starfurr »

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2019, 06:27:16 AM »
Emilá looks at K'Tath and nods. "He's right. That seems like our best bet, but we should still make haste."