The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Disappearances at Glenmoor  (Read 7077 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Disappearances at Glenmoor
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 11:31:10 PM »
The wolf dragon followed in behind Angder to notice the purchasing counter on the right as well as the people inside the proprietorship. "Well Angder, it looks like we'll be able to rent a room, hopefully..." White felt a bit nervous, being familiar with small towns in his past and the idiosyncrasies of small town behavior.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »
At White's words, the whole tavern suddenly goes silent. The patrons stop talking, the guitarist stops playing, and everybody in the building looks over, staring at the newcomers.

All of the furs in the inn look surprised to see anyone from out of town, and an awkward silence hangs in the air as they stare down the group of travlers entering the Shadowbrook.

The otter to the group's right still naps away peacefully, his snores occassionally breaking through the now silent tavern.
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 11:52:28 PM »
Geoff followed behind closely and, with subtlety, used his far taller winged friend as a shield from potential eyeballs. He'd become more used to attention on their travels, but his current mood didn't agree with it. Once the crowd went silent, his nervousness kicked up, and he remained not saying a peep.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:09:29 AM by Evnamishko, Reason: present tense is too awkward for me, lol »

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 12:16:41 AM »
After several moments, the silence ends when the labrador with the guitar nonchalantly returns to his playing. He flashes a kindly smile at the newcomers, and then turns away from them as he strums. Slowly, the rest of the tavern patrons return to their drinks and begin talking to eachother again, however nobody resumes singing. Even the more intoxicated furs look somewhat nervous, wary of the strangers. Many continue to steal furtive glances back at Angder, White, and Geoff, as if suspicious of what they might do. The she-bear managing the bar keeps a steady eye on the group as she continues to serve ale.

The old otter snores on blissfully.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 12:41:16 AM »
Angder walks up to the otter. "Hey, Err." Angder reaches a hand forward, then withdraws it. He doubted shaking the Otter would go down well with the locals. "Hello? I would like to buy a room." Angder spoke slightly louder than he needed to, hoping the otter would wake up.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:35 AM »
"ZZzzzhck..huh?" the otter splutters, looking up suddenly in confusion. He whips a pair of rounded spectacles out of a breast pocket and carefully places them on his head. Squinting, still slighly groggy from his nap, the otter examines the three furs in front of his counter. He starts in surprise, fully awake as he realizes that the three in front of him are complete strangers from outside Glenmoor.

"Oh, well, uh.. hello there young'uns!" he says in greeting, trying to cover up his awkwardness with cheer. "Appears I dozed off there for a bit, heh....You be wantin' rooms then?" he inquires. "Name's Dermot, by the way. Welcome to the Shadowbrook Inn."

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 02:57:14 AM »
"Nice to meet you Dermot!" The wolgon said quite happily to the otter receptionist. "Might I ask, are there any historical papers I can read through to learn more about this town and what to see in Glenmoor?" White asks in earnest. "I love learning about history and culture, I'd love to talk to a local that knows a lot about this subject as well, if possible."

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 03:14:07 AM »
"Oh well..." Dermot stammers, a little taken aback by the wolgon's enthusiasm. "The library has plenty of town records and books on history, but I reckon it'll be closed at such a late hour. Its also at the other end of town, and..." Dermot glances out the dark window to his left, where the rain and wind has now picked up considerably, slamming against the glass pane. "With that storm brewin', I'd not advise you to go wandrin' through the streets."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
Angder glares at White for a moment, before looking back at the Otter. "I can't speak for him" Angder gestures to White "But I... actually just want a room. Somewhere to sleep, and possibly a bite to eat." Angder states. "I don't think I would want to walk across the the library even without the storm." Angder glances back out, looking at the window. it really did look like they arrived just in time.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 01:47:37 PM »
"Ah, of course," Dermot agrees with a sigh of relief at the wolf's more normal request. He rummages around underneath the counter before producing a key with a white card attached to it. The card reads "23". He hands it to Angder.

"Room 23, you'll find it up there on the left," he says, pointing to the staircase. "And if you want something to eat, you can order some nice food in the tavern. Finest quisine in Glenmoor!" he chuckles.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 01:59:42 AM »
(Can I do some NPCs then please? I wanna help you!)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 04:43:36 PM »
Angder nods, and heads upstairs "Thanks. you two coming?" He asks. "23..." He mutters. "must be a lot of rooms here... Odd."

((Sorry about the delay Was busy trying to fix my computer))

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »
White looks at Angder with momentary regret and then quietly follows him up the stairs. "Fiiine, let's go to the room." The wolgon looks around at all of the doors. "How are there so many rooms in such a place."

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 03:16:51 AM »
The silent bear examined the hallway along with his group, though he didn't seem terribly impressed so far; he just wanted to lay down.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 03:44:59 AM »
As the group ascended the stairs and stepped out onto the landing, they realized that the inn's room numbering system started with room 21, perhaps marking it as the first room on the second floor. There were, in reality, only about 5 rooms in the small inn.

Room 21 was nearest to the top of the stairs, 25 was at the far end of the hallway along the same wall as 21, with 23 in the middle. On the other wall were the doors for 22 and 24. On the end wall of the hallway, facing towards the front of the inn, was a window with the storm shutters firmly closed. They shook with the force of the wind raging outside, and as the group examined the hallway, they heard a loud peal of thunder outside which shook the inn to its foundation. The storm's intensity sounded like it was becoming dangerous.

From rooms 21 and 22, a dim light spilled out under the doorframe. Muffled voices issued from inside 22. The other rooms were silent as the grave, and seemed to be completely dark on the inside.