The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Disappearances at Glenmoor  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: Disappearances at Glenmoor
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 03:23:01 PM »
Angder moves over to the door, and cautiously unlockes and opened the door. He felt on the inside of the door for a light switch, straining his eyes to see into the darkness. "Well. This place keeps gettin' better and better" Angder mutters "did they design this place to be creepy?"

Angder looks back at the Wolgon. "If you want to run out into the rain to go read some old books, be my guest. Just don't drag us along with you." Angder states. "I really need to crash, and I think Geoff is the same."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »
As angder searches along the wall, he feels his paw click a lightswitch on.

A single light in the center of the room's ceiling flickers to life, and the interior of room 23 becomes visible. Along the room's left wall are two beds, and to the right is an old red sofa. Theres also a door to the left through which the group can see a small bathroom. On the wall opposite the entrance is another window with storm shutters tightly closed and locked with a slideable bolt. It shudders occasionally from the force of the storm. Behind the beds, hung on the wall, is a painting of an idyllic forest grove with a deep, blue stream flowing through it.

The room is a little small and old-fashioned, but it seems clean and well-maintained.
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2018, 02:20:05 AM »
The wolgon wanders into the room and looks around, ahead of Angder "Oh my gosh, there's so much old stuff in here!" White picks up a phone book covered in dust and blows the dust off, causing himself to start coughing and sneezing. "Well, isn't that something?" The hybrid motions to Angder, obsessed with the relic of a bygone era.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 06:31:20 AM »
The phone book is yellowed and torn with age. The names inside are rather difficult to make out. It seems to be a regional phonebook, with numbers from the nearby city of Greystone listed as well as numbers from Glenmoor. An old, black rotary phone sits on the desk that White picked the phonebook up from. You're not sure if it actually works or not, it looks ancient.

Outside the storm continues to rage. Something that sounds like the cracking and smashing of stone-on-stone echoes through the night in addition to the howling wind and booming thunder.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »
Geoff let his backpack slide off his arm and slumped into the sofa with a sigh, then his ears flicked back at the raging boom of thunder. He mumbled while stretching and folding his arms behind his head, "This storm might keep me up a while, heh."

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »
The wolf dragon plops down in a chair next to the sofa where Geoff took a seat, eyeing the rotary telephone off to the side. "So, do you think that old phone works? Have you ever used a rotary phone? Does this entire situation somewhat excite you, I mean, the rustic nature of this place does seem somewhat enticing. I didn't expect a hiking trip to turn into an adventure." White drops his backpack and opens it, sifting through to look for his notebook, finding it, and bringing it out onto his lap, he grabbed a pencil from the bottom of the bag and started writing the date at the top of an open page.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2018, 03:04:46 PM »
The bear blinked at White's rapid-fire questions, but he was used to that by now. "Well, yeah, it is interesting. I wish I wasn't so tired. That's what's killin' it for me, heh..."
Geoff laid down and stretched with a grunt. "We've got time to explore the town tomorrow and stuff..."

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »
The wolf dragon started taking notes in his notebook about the day's activities and the entrance to Glenmoor, sketching a badly drawn image of the inn that the group is staying in and the hallway with the many different rooms, with a last sketch about Room 23. "I suppose there will be a lot more to learn tomorrow, I can't say I am not excited to see what the day brings us." White put down his pencil and closed the notebook, putting the items back into his backpack and zipping it closed.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
"Who caaaares" Angder said, with a yawn. "I am going to go take a bath, then get some sleep. We can discuss ancient technology tommorow when we will be able to stay awake." Angder moved towards the bathroom. barely paying attention to the other two.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2018, 11:54:39 PM »
As the group of three settles down for sleep, the storm outside shows no sign of abating. It continues to rage and roar through the night, battering the inn like heavy waves against a ship in open water. While this might make it hard for most to fall asleep, Geoff, Angder, and White are so worn from traveling that they find themselves in a deep sleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow (or, in Geoff's case, the sofa arm).

The first one to wake up the next morning, unsurprisingly, is the energetic White. Sunlight streams through the window and birds chirp peacefully, seemingly unaffected by the brutal tempest from last night. You can also make out the faint sounds of leaves rustling in the breeze. Despite the strangeness of Glenmoor, it seems like a summer morning in this forest town does have its own charm.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 12:38:23 AM »
The wolgon jumps up from his chair and looks around the room, immediately inspecting some books around the phone, flipping through some pages, White finds material of little interest and closes each book as he goes through them. "Well, not much to look at here, I hope the others awaken soon, I really want to go see things in the town..." The hybrid carried off, turning around to stare at Angder and Geoff.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:41:02 AM by White Wolf Guardian »

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2018, 04:39:28 AM »
As White hurries around the room, making a general ruckus and flipping through books, the other two furs in are awakened, and start to stir groggily.

White, you also start to notice voices drifting up from the first floor. You can't make out what anyone is saying, but their tone seems harsh and worried.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »
Angder rolls over. "Give me a few more mins." Angder mumbled, before trying (unsuccessfully) to get back to sleep. Eventually, he groans, and climbs out of bed. Angder Looks over at White. "Not seen you this excited since the last town we visited" Angder rubbed his head, it was safe to say he was not a morning person.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 06:06:03 PM »
Geoff groaned in sarcastic annoyance as he stretched awake. "What are you, a feral dog?" He chuckled while twisting around to sit up on the sofa. He wasn't much of a morning person either, but he was in good spirits lately, and it was easier to get out of beds that weren't his own. He rested his arms on his knees, locking his hands together. "Uhh... Well, I'm ready, I guess."

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2018, 09:21:11 PM »
White was hardly paying attention to the others, trying to not make any noise, listening to the voices below the floor. "I think we need to get downstairs and talk with the people down there. Sounds like something of interest may be happening already." The wolf dragon picked up his backpack and headed over to the room's door handle. He turned around to look at the rotary phone. "I wanted to use that.... Oh well." The hybrid gripped and opened the door, revealing the rustic hallway once more.