The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Acension City: Redux  (Read 11747 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Acension City: Redux
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2018, 04:05:25 PM »
Ray followed Angder at somewhat of a distance, taking a more cautious approach, as his previous venture down to the basement was rather unfortunate.

Inside the crypt, the central circular flagstone formation near the end of the crypt began to rise into the air, revealing another staircase down. The cloaked figures shuffled into the open maw of the staircase, disappearing to the depths below. That awful stench of evil only grew in it's presence.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »
The cheetah sighed. "Fiiine..." She took the bread out of the wolf's hand and immediately took a bite in it. Still, she was planning to check if there were any edible slices left in the bread she stole. It would be a waste if her efforts were in vain, after all. "Suh wut uxuctlu dus tus jub untul?" She spoke that last sentence with a full mouth, not seeming to bother with etiquette during eating.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2018, 08:32:17 AM »
("So what exactly does this job entail?" I presume that's what she said.)

Wilco chuckles. "It involves the one thing I know you to be good at. Stealing. Because of the government hating me, I can't get supplies that often. And I run out quickly, thanks to people wanting my wares, now that I've turned from a destructive phase to one of good. I could give you money to go buy supplies, and I will, as no one would realize that you work for me, but your talents will come in handy for some of the special stuff I require for some of my best projects and experiments."

He turns to the cheetah. "Though... We haven't introduced ourselves properly, my apologies. I'm Wilco. Wilco Whiteheart. Master alchemist and healer. Also hated by the government. And doctors. What is your name, young one?"

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »
(Well presumed!)

The cheetah swallowed and wiped away some crumbs from her mouth with the arm she used to take the bread from the wolf. "My name's Zila. No need to know more. And by the way, I'm not sure about stealing for my job. I've just been stealing to, oh I don't know, STAY ALIVE?" She placed the bread she stole somewhere on a table, leaving it for checking later. Despite Wilco's best intentions, it was clear it would need to take a lot of effort to get on the female cheetah's good side. Living in a ruthless city with nobody to count on took it's toll on Zila's overall behaviour.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »
Angder unlocked the door the ferret had indicated. And pushed it open, drawing his gun as he does so.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2018, 10:58:49 PM »
Wilco looks at Zila. "Listen... I was a lot like you... I was abandoned on the streets as a pup, left for dead. I survived and lived a lot of my life on the streets, ending up on the wrong side of the law quite a bit... I was like you, in a way. I was found in that same alley, by the man that became my Master. He took me in, and helped me along in life..." He looks away. It seems to have an emotional toll on him.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
The cheetah placed a paw on her forehead and closed her eyes, her tail flicking regularly in frustration. This was unbelievable. With each passing minute, the situation seemed to become more and more absurd. She cringed. "This must be some kind of nightmare... Please someone wake me up!" Of course, when she opened her eyes the situation hadn't changed, confirming that what was happening was very real.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2018, 02:42:15 AM »
Wilco looks at her worriedly. "Sorry for wasting your time... I'll see you out if you want... I'll just live here alone I guess... I'm not a stranger to the darkness..." He says, sighing and looking at the cheetah. *That went miserably...* He thought to himself.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2018, 10:27:02 AM »
The wrought iron gate squealed loudly as Angder opened it. The crypt was dark, not a light to be seen. It was also completely empty, aside from the tombs held within. However, the feeling was off, like something was hiding just out of reach.

Ray drew his flashlight, the beam cascading through years of dust and dirt. His brow furrowed as he spoke. “Looks like there’s not been anyone here in a very long time.” Ray turned to Angder with a shrug. “Maybe they doubled back?”

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
Zila rolled her eyes, grabbed the bread she stole and slowly walked out the still open door herself. "Thanks for the meal," she said, in a rather unfriendly tone. After walking out, she looked back one more time, shook her head and entered the darkness of the hallway she came through.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2018, 11:54:04 PM »
The door closes behind her and leaves the wolf in the dark. He sobs to himself. *I'm sorry Master... I failed you...*

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2018, 08:48:32 PM »
Still angry, the cheetah kept walking down the corridor to the hatch with the stairs she found earlier. It was dark, so dark that her eyes couldn't even see anything. She eventually started using the walls and touched them to continue. Closing in on the alley she was in earlier, she did not yet realise what opportunity she missed or what would happen due to the event she created.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2018, 06:22:22 AM »
(She missed out on having a life and a home, and Wilco will probably a) Sulk, or b) Get mad, or c) Do nothing and fade away into the void of this RP)

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
(Don't worry, Wilco. Zila's decision will give her a disadvantage over time, as well.)

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
( Hey, is it too late to join in, but by using a Crossover Character from one of my old RP's? ^_^ ' )

Name: Jason Walker

Age: Appears to be in his late twenties - early thirties.

Species: Human/Anomaly

Relationships (Family, Romatic, Friends): None, as of yet.  Might be open for Friends, unlikely but possible Romance, but no Family, due to him being from another world.

Current Job: Unemployed | Elite Paranormal Slayer (In another world)

Abilities: Astral Projection, Nox Eternus, Otherworldly Instincts

Astral Projection: Jason holds the ability to eject his own soul from his body, while spiritual versions of his equipment coat his spirit.  While in Spirit Form, he is able to perform feats of extreme strength, speed, and even interact with the physical world without being spotted.  However, he is able to "Materialize" himself as well, allowing for his spirit to be more of a "Decoy" of sorts.

Nox Eternus: A curse that is unique only to him, even back in his own world.  It forces his body and equipment to vanish whenever he is killed, only to heal and re-appear near an unmarked grave somewhere within the world.  His soul is then returned to his body, and he still feels the pain that he felt prior to dying, despite his body being healed.  Furthermore, he would be disoriented to the point of forgetting the encounter he had prior to dying.

Otherworldly Instincts: He has been through all kinds of things, and hunted countless Paranormal Threats before in the past.  After having crossed the Fog so many times, he has developed a bit of a "Sixth Sense" for the unusual, and can react towards motions that move at inhuman speeds... even having developed the ability to counter attacks from the speed of light, using his Spirit as a weapon.

A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.