The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Acension City: Redux  (Read 11686 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Acension City: Redux
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
(Sorry for the wait.)

Geoff ducked behind a pew and peeked an eye past the side edge to study the materializing figures with intrigue. Word on the street told something about a cult in the region, some loony toons kidnapping people for their mysterious deeds. He was pretty sure he had escaped such a fate a week ago before entering the city proper, but that could have been paranoia. Now it looks like he stumbled across that lot...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2018, 12:07:26 AM »
The ferret, yelping as he crashed against the pew, looked at Angder with fear and disgust. "I don't know what you mean! I don't know of any girl! Please! I'm just a preacher!"

The robed figures began chanting, again in that unknowable language. They didn't seem to notice Geoff. There was a stink in the air, something old, dark, and evil.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2018, 12:28:44 AM »
"Really. You know, with all the witches and evil stuff in this places past, what better place to worship demons or devils or some shit, thats what you do here right>" Angder stated. "The fact is, if your evil and self serving, you should care more about your ability to use your legs than some pissy demon that MIGHT grant you power if you go... dance naked round a pillar or something. You know, assuming does not skip that part and just eat you. The other possibility, your mislead, where upon the whole, kidnapping children thing, should raise huge red flags, and helping that child is a top priority, no?"

Angder lifted the ferret off the ground slightly, being careful not to actually hurt him, but making damn sure he was uncomfortable. "So, which is important to you, a childs life, or your legs? either way you should be helping us."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:38:31 AM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »
Geoff's nose furrowed at the sickening scent as he tried in vain to interpret the strange chanting. All he got out of it was 'we're lunatics'. That's a given.
Whatever they were up to, simply sneaking out after the show wasn't in plan. No, he was going to crash this congregation. He had nothing else to lose at this point. He just had to wait for the right moment...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2018, 06:44:07 AM »
Sighing, the priest nodded. “I-I...look. Gorgio and Frederick scuttled off to the basement with some kind of bundle. They must’ve found Kerwain’s old journals. I wanted to bring the faith back, peacefully. The boys must’ve gotten starry-eyed. Okay? The crypt’s in the back. Here,” He fished around in his pocket, and handed Angder a very rusty iron key. “The exit out the basement’s the fastest.”

A withered hand gripped Geoff’s shoulder tightly as a hand clapped across his mouth. A very old goat circled around in front of the bear, shushing him.
“I ain’t here t’stop ya, magic man,” the goat whispered, as he released Geoff. “I’m jus’ here t’watch.” He again circled around Geoff, staying crouched beside him.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »
Angder blinked. "Wait, just like.... Well thanks. Sorry for punching you in the face." Angder looked over at Ray. "lets go, before something bad happens. As for you" Angder looked over at the Ferret "get out of here. Go home. There is little you can do here."

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2018, 10:13:02 PM »
(Hey Wilco, are you still in this RP?)

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2018, 10:59:09 PM »
(Sorry!)

Wilco led the way down, before saying "Fyreli" and the lab lit up via all the torches placed around it, showing a shelf, alchemist station, and books, among other things. "Welcome to my humble adobe." He rumbles.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:07 AM »
The feline looked around the now lit room, still holding the bread in her hand. Well, to her it actually seemed more of a laboratory. So this magic-wolf really was speaking the truth... so far, at least. There was still one question though: what kinds of experiments did the wolf do here. Either way, the cheetah had to compliment the wolf on one thing. "Huh. You definitely chose the best hidden spot for your work."

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2018, 10:31:41 PM »
He chuckles. "Thank You... I prefer to stay hidden, the government doesn't like me... I'm allowed out, but I can't show my wares unless it's accepted..." He says, pointing at a parchment on the wall.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »
The cheetah followed the wolf's finger to where he was pointing at, and saw all kinds of stuff she had never seen before. It was suspicious that the government didn't like the sale of these goods, beecause that'd mean these supplies were illegal. Although, the police was corrupt up to the bone. She had noticed that more than once during her stay here. Lost in thought, she took a piece of bread out of the bag. She was about to take a bite in it until she saw at the last moment it was one of the unedible slices.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2018, 10:28:50 PM »
Wilco sees her and hands her some bread, edible of course. "I did say I would feed you."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2018, 04:15:41 AM »
The ferret shook his head, propping himself against a pew. “No...this is my house of worship.”
Ray rolled his shoulder, nodding. “We’ve gotta get the girl, ‘fore something irreversible happens.”

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2018, 08:00:47 PM »
Angder nods. "Suit yourself priest" He practically runs from the room, Heading for the crypt, He checked to make sure Ray was following, before continuing on to the door of the crypt. He kept the key in hand, not wanting to waste any time.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2018, 08:22:58 PM »
Not a peep came out of Geoff's mouth, nor did he bother to turn, only flicked his ear in acknowledgement. With a hard-thumping heart, he played it cool, continuing to watch the chanting figures. At the same time, flipping focus to his 'extrasense' of the goat just behind him.