The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anoni's artwork  (Read 2397 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Anoni's artwork
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:59:56 AM »
Whaaaaaa? Anoni's doing art? Apparently!

I recently got Adobe creative cloud to work on a youtube project, I decided in the meantime I might as well try to learn how to draw. I've been using Adobe illustrator which uses a Vector based model, so arting is very different than the more common Rastor artwork. I hope to make a furry at least once a week, none of this was traced or anything but I used some references, the reference I used for this particular artwork is this reference

The artwork is this:

I think I stuffed up the ears and the perspective a bit. Obviously I was lazy with the colouring so the left inner-ear isn't coloured. Lots of things to improve on but it's a good first step! This is the first furry person I've ever tried to draw properly, the first time I've done art beyond stick figures AND the first proper drawing in vectors!

Anyways, I hope to draw a picture once a week and add it to this thread, documenting my progress.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Anoni's artwork
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
And so it begins....

To be fair: you're doing a much better job than I do because I can't draw.
So I'm looking forwards to the weekly update.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:54:47 AM »
Awesome to see you making your own artwork and posting your own thread about it too ^^
I would love to see the progression of your artwork and your style.

Any reason as to why you chose vector over raster, or was it just by coincidence because of the program you're using?
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »
Nice. More art is always great. Your first picture is good. Can't wait to see more.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
Nice job! It's nice to see you drawing. Keep at it and you can only get better.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
And so it begins....

To be fair: you're doing a much better job than I do because I can't draw.
So I'm looking forwards to the weekly update.

Haha I'll try to keep at it and make sure I post here at least once a week!

Awesome to see you making your own artwork and posting your own thread about it too ^^
I would love to see the progression of your artwork and your style.

Any reason as to why you chose vector over raster, or was it just by coincidence because of the program you're using?

Three reasons:
  1. I don't have a good hand or a good graphics tablet and vector art doesn't require this as much. As well vector art is more mathematical in nature which is something I can get behind!
  2. For the youtube project the art assets I was thinking would work well with Vector art, and as well the other adobe programs like after effects and premiere work well with illustrator.
  3. Because I like the look of cel-shaded vector art :3

Nice. More art is always great. Your first picture is good. Can't wait to see more.

Thank you!

Nice job! It's nice to see you drawing. Keep at it and you can only get better.

Thanks Zephyr and you're right, it's more about the time I'm willing to put in it, keeping motivated and so forth!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:44:32 PM »
Because I'm quite busy this week and I promised weekly updates I decided to do my weekly character today rather than later in the week. I decided to work more on shape and getting the correct perspective, I also wanted to draw actual fur on the character. So to make it easier I decided to draw a it as a side drawing, no fancy angles. I used the following references in my artwork (that is I viewed them to get an idea of proportions and stuff).

1. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mLhXuD_2pJ8/maxresdefault.jpg
2. https://i.pinimg.com/236x/54/0b/88/540b88583c44c63e82aeb816e1bf31b9--fursuit-tutorial-drawing-tutorials.jpg
3. https://orig00.deviantart.net/8b37/f/2014/102/c/a/furry_headshot_refsheet___a_beginner_s_look_by_soulaire-d7e4zng.jpg
4. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC5GIpxRS3rnmyyTIQvGa7fWNXmEOSAxE6phLHfTFoZP3tkDTD

The picture is here!

So I think the shape of the head is really good here, especially with the muzzle, I also think the spikey fur looks good too. The eyes are a good shape (though the eye brow could have been better, I got a bit lazy) and I finally got the correct perspective of the ears! I wasn't entirely sure what to do for the inner ear, so I just drew a line. I'm starting to draw a bit of details to the face, like the fur line that is there and so forth. I still need to improve my colouring, I'm not really sure how it works with in Illustrator so I'll get to that eventually.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 07:46:32 PM »
I indeed see a huge improvement from the first image.
I think the biggest problem with the eyebrow is how close it is to the eye. If you'd lift the eyebrow up only even slightly, I think it would look a whole lot better :)

As for the inner part of the ears, you can do a few things. You can either make one 'vertical' fluffy line, as it were. Or you can have some sort of ear tufts. Or a combination of both.

Hope these examples will give an idea:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/24/70/c0/2470c036ac694f96e014c1f8b55eb0b0--drawing-sketches-drawing-tips.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b4/38/3b/b4383be759c6ee3f9ab02437ec22b3d0--drawing-stuff-drawing-tips.jpg
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 11:31:36 PM »
More smiling happy faces makes me happy.  ^_^

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 12:36:18 AM »
Keep it up! :D

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 09:32:10 AM »
Thanks Albie, I'm glad they make you happy! And thanks Zephyr, I will!

So now that I've got the basics down I'm gonna start working on perspective. I was going to draw three furries for this week each with different perspective angles, unfortunately I got busy this week and was only able to do one, and unfortunately it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

I think I stuffed up the facial shape, maybe I'll start again with this one and try again until it's improved. Maybe you guys could come up with ideas as well. I have no idea to do the muzzle in front facing perspective, anyone got any ideas on what to do?

Rundown of my plan for learning how to draw
  - First Perspective (drawing in 0, 45, 90 degree angles)
  - Second Colour: (Doing proper colour, learning how to cel-shade)
  - Three objects: (Drawing arbitrary objects, non-furry characters, weapons, tables, houses, etc)
  - Four Poses: (Starting to draw full body pictures in poses)

If you guys think the order is missing steps or is in a less than ideal order tell me :3
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:38:35 AM by anoni »

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »
Smiley face.  Check.  Boopable nose.  Check  ^_^

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
Bleh

So I didn't update last week because I've been stuck on this picture and I just can't make it look right. I'm proud of myself for doing the muzzle and mouth pretty well, IMO. I really tried hard working in a 45 degree perspective but this was very difficult for me, keeping the face shape right, especially the right of the face and the right eye I just seemed to be unable to do. And despite my efforts the hair looks too 2D, the only thing I think went well here is the ears, the left eye, and the muzzle. But everything else was just bad, and I'm disappointed in myself. I need an actual tutorial for this, might ask my artist friend.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 03:56:15 AM »
Keeps getting better.  Don't get discouraged, sweetie.