The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations I: From the Ashes (RP. Apply in the Sign-Up thread.)  (Read 45685 times)

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
Re: Coalition Operations I: From the Ashes (RP. Apply in the Sign-Up thread.)
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2017, 06:28:29 AM »
The doctor leaned over to the next screen and nudged the crewmen there. The mustelid had them cycle through the security cameras, watching Ray as he went. The doctor could tell he was worked up about something and didn't want any sudden alterations to the ship that might cause problems.

Fortunately, it didn't look like there was going to be any alterations to the ship they were riding aboard. Unfortunately, some old clunker appeared to be in their sights. "Who ever owns the scrap heap in the hangar, I think the raccoon wants to give it an upgrade."

Finding the intercom button the doctor fired of a quick message. "Attention all inquisitive metalheads. We would like to remind you that no work should be done that you have not been cleared to work on. If you are having difficulties with this directive, a strong sedative or heavy object is available for you back on the bridge." Leaning back from the screen the doctor shook his head. "I think I need to renegotiate my contract.."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2017, 06:46:56 AM »
Ray froze, as his tools whirred and the sawblade end of his staff ate into the floor. He hissed through his half-set of teeth. "This flesh-mender proves meddlesome indeed. Perhaps Her Convergent will allow me to pass judgment. Oh, how I would relish in delivering that." He turned away, gave the ship one last glance, and walked out.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Species: shark
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
  • Height: 7'4
  • Weight: 192lbs
  • Build: A thin,slightly muscular body
  • Currently: I'm good all around
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
Lacar ran over to the screen before bitting down on his cigar, the lit half falling to the floor before he quickly ran to the hangar "he better not touch my ship!" He heads down as fast as possible seeing Ray as he reaches the hanger entrance stopping to stare at him his metal arm releasing excess steam from the sudden use of energy.

Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
Ray looked Lacar up and down. He simply stepped aside, and motioned for Lacar to approach his ship. He bowed slightly, eyes seemingly cast towards the floor. But one could see the mechanical raccoon was wound like a spring, figuring Lacar would attack him.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »
Lacar reaches forward grabbing Ray by his cloths "you wanna fix my ship?!" He yelled his mechanical fist clutched tightly around his cloths the question not being a retorical one as he shows his teeth.
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »
Tic stayed focused on her tasks reading all the data she could, only slowing down to decrypt any files that were protected or classified if they came up. As she flipped through them she noticed that she still had the chips data of how her preformance went...but there was something else mixed in. It was a audio file simply labeled "Read Me Now!" and while tic knew she had work to be doing she couldn't help but give in to her curiosity and start playing it.

"Testing, testing 1, 2, 3 testing." It was clearly doctor Lysander who must have been fiddling with the audio... however his voice sounded weak and occasionally let out a fit of coughing which was not how Tic remembered him sounding.
"This should be good...ahem! Greetings Captain Trask, I know you and me have never met but it would seems you have taken someone precious to me... someone who I don't think...no who I know would bring me great pain if anything happened to her! You have in your possession someone who is not just some standard utility Droid, but in fact a living being. You see I have found a way to not only make a sentient machine...but to give said machine a soul." The doctor breaks out in fit of coughing and it takes a moment for him to regain control.
"In case your wondering, no I did not steal anyone's soul...I used a decent chunk of my own using a combination of biotics and technology. I have... already destroyed the machine so don't bother looking...but my point is if Tic core breaks she is not repairable, she will die just like the rest of us. I know I am not long for this world...but please...keep my creat...keep my daughter safe. She is not some robot to be tossed aside...she has a chance at life just like the rest of us."

End transmission.

Tic didn't know how to process this information...she sat there in silence wondering what to do with this knowledge. After a bit she hides the file deep in her memory core as well as erase all traces of it's existence on the data chip...for now no one should know.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:50:46 PM by Tina »
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2017, 09:44:09 PM »
The blue Vixen looked over to the android "Tic is something wrong?" She asked.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
Ray, unused to physical combat, couldn't quite break away from Lacar's grasp. "Of course. The machine is in disrepair, it is wounded. It calls to me."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:18 AM »
Just as it seemed there was a fight on their hands between Lacar and Ray, a deep, throaty voice boomed, "HEY!!!" And the reason was plain to see - a fire team of Holographic Sangheili, all armed with the Type-55 Plasma Assault Rifles, approached the scene. "What the **** is going on here?!" the Senior NCO of the bunch demanded.

Tic stayed focused on her tasks reading all the data she could, only slowing down to decrypt any files that were protected or classified if they came up. As she flipped through them she noticed that she still had the chips data of how her preformance went...but there was something else mixed in. It was a audio file simply labeled "Read Me Now!" and while tic knew she had work to be doing she couldn't help but give in to her curiosity and start playing it.

"Testing, testing 1, 2, 3 testing." It was clearly doctor Lysander who must have been fiddling with the audio... however his voice sounded weak and occasionally let out a fit of coughing which was not how Tic remembered him sounding.
"This should be good...ahem! Greetings Captain Trask, I know you and me have never met but it would seems you have taken someone precious to me... someone who I don't think...no who I know would bring me great pain if anything happened to her! You have in your possession someone who is not just some standard utility Droid, but in fact a living being. You see I have found a way to not only make a sentient machine...but to give said machine a soul." The doctor breaks out in fit of coughing and it takes a moment for him to regain control.
"In case your wondering, no I did not steal anyone's soul...I used a decent chunk of my own using a combination of biotics and technology. I have... already destroyed the machine so don't bother looking...but my point is if Tic core breaks she is not repairable, she will die just like the rest of us. I know I am not long for this world...but please...keep my creat...keep my daughter safe. She is not some robot to be tossed aside...she has a chance at life just like the rest of us."

End transmission.

Tic didn't know how to process this information...she sat there in silence wondering what to do with this knowledge. After a bit she hides the file deep in her memory core as well as erase all traces of it's existence on the data chip...for now no one should know.

Trask had, indeed, heard the file when Tic played it, but for now, paid it no mind; he had other tasks to see to. He left Tic to her work while he focused on his crew, namely the helmsman as he piloted the ship into Slipspace, speeding off toward their next destination. Stepping closer to Krystal, he murmured to her, "You have heard of Tondam Corporation, right?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2017, 02:18:31 AM »
"Was it one that tried to make another biological expierment?"
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rylou

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Indigo and yellow
  • Height: 1m 60cm
  • Build: Fit but not
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »
Rylou looked at the hangar cameras, noticing the group of Sanghelli approach Ray and Lacar and let out an excited gasp before rushing down the elevators towards the hangars.
Too lazy to live, too self-centered to die.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2017, 06:24:50 PM »
lacar looked at the sangheili and cleared his throat "nothing at all sir" lacar then proceeded to pull Ray closer to him"You dont touch my ship unless im around to see it" lacar lets go of ray and smoothes out his cloths for him "now lets get to work on her, but we fix her my way"

Offline Rylou

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Indigo and yellow
  • Height: 1m 60cm
  • Build: Fit but not
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Rylou arrives at the bottom of the elavator just in time to see the Sanghelli leave before he groans and kicks the floor softly before getting back in the elevator.
"I love the sound those guns make." he murmurs to himself.
Too lazy to live, too self-centered to die.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2017, 09:45:50 PM »
"I love this team dynamic we have here," the doctor spoke slowly, his voice dropping in sarcasm. Turning to the Admiral he sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. "It's a pity were supposed to be part of a stealth operation. A firefight would do wonders for the crews stress level. As it is, I can only hope that everyone has a good sense of who's friends and who's foe if weapons go hot."

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2017, 05:32:14 AM »
Tic looks up from the computer, her eyes seeming to glitch for a brief moment as she tries to process this new emotion she was feeling.
"I'm...fine." Shes says flatly, turning back to the monitor and trying to continue working. However something inside her stirred and her best guess as to what it was is the fact that doctor was dying...and is probably passed by now. Lysander may have had issues interacting with other people, but those people never saw how he acted around Tic. He taught her, made sure she could get this job and above all he gave her life...the fact that he could be gone made her feel empty inside.

• Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!