The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations I: From the Ashes (RP. Apply in the Sign-Up thread.)  (Read 46376 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Coalition Operations I: From the Ashes (RP. Apply in the Sign-Up thread.)
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2017, 07:40:22 AM »
Ray's monotonous personality returned shortly after the outburst. "An inefficient machine begs for care and nourishment. As for sabotage, I would not sacrifice a beautiful machine to slay the flesh." He shook his head. "To harm the machine is to harm the machine gods. Wrathful and viscous is their punishment." Ray dropped to his knees slowly, and began to pray.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2017, 08:26:58 AM »
Nari looked at Ray with an odd face, though now hidden behind her helmet, she was about to say something ,but kept her mouth shut instead.

"We'll be landing near new Gettysburg in 2 minutes." Krystal notified those present on the bridge.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
Renon was half contemplating harming the raccoon and see what gods came to help him. None had come for her salvation.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rylou

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Indigo and yellow
  • Height: 1m 60cm
  • Build: Fit but not
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
Rylou read the coordinates he received and slung his bag over his back before walking to the outside of the air base. "Best not to keep them waiting." He murmured to himself.
Too lazy to live, too self-centered to die.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
The mustelid turned towards the engineer and raised a brow as he listened, pausing to accept the handshake that was offered to him from the Admiral. He was short in his response, "A pleasure, I'm sure."

Turning and taking a few steps towards the engineer a small snicker emanated from him. One might notice that his face didn't move at all, though his throat twitched softly as he spoke. "I might agree with you on casualties being an excuse to upgrade, however I must stand with Mr. Nietzsche; 'God is dead. God remains dead. And we killed him.'"

The doctor paced around, making as close to eye contact with everyone as a masked man can. Turning back to the engineer, and most of the crew, his display flickered through a number of emotions before resting on absolute certainty and determination. "It may very well be our duty to become Gods simply to appear worthy of such a feat."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »
"Steel Avenger to Victor Camilio... we are sending a drop ship to meet with you. Get to a decent LZ and signal us as best you can - smoke grenades or flares would be best," came the response to Victor.

As the Steel Avenger landed, Trask sighed and sat in the Captain's Chair. "Alright, let's recap - what do we know so far?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
Ray spoke, as he stood slowly and dusted himself. "A Force-user attacked our contact before we could get our information. Our user also had laid a trap in hopes of removing us. This is all I know." He sighed. "Had I more time, I may have extracted information from our slain contact." He glanced at the mustelid before continuing. "The machine gods would have blessed the contact and I  with a link, but I had no time."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:23:33 AM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
"Right, and I recently learned that the Force-User is none other than our Force-Sensitive duplicate of Admiral Arai, Darth Torrentus - which leaves the questions of what exactly is she up to, and to what end?" Trask added. "Krystal, Argo, Felicity, any thoughts?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2017, 09:31:03 PM »
Renon shrugged, "We still don't know who set up the sat collision with the star."
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2017, 01:22:35 AM »
The doctor stood and listened to the discussion over recent developments. As the engineer made a pointed comment about his 'machine gods' the mustelid's facemask shifted almost imperceptibly before resting into a neutral expression.

"It would seem we have far more variables than constants in this equation. What's worse is we don't even know where these variables belong. How discomforting." His facemask shifted into a look of concern. "We need to consider everything we know about this Torrentus and Admiral Arai as well. One must examine both sides of a coin to understand it as a whole."

Offline Rylou

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »
Rylou waited as the drop ship flew past out of the docking bay before entering. Seeing no welcoming party there he took the elevator to the bridge. "There's bound to be someone there."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2017, 12:15:29 AM »
The doctor stood and listened to the discussion over recent developments. As the engineer made a pointed comment about his 'machine gods' the mustelid's facemask shifted almost imperceptibly before resting into a neutral expression.

"It would seem we have far more variables than constants in this equation. What's worse is we don't even know where these variables belong. How discomforting." His facemask shifted into a look of concern. "We need to consider everything we know about this Torrentus and Admiral Arai as well. One must examine both sides of a coin to understand it as a whole."

"All we know of Darth Torrentus is that she is Admiral Arai's Force-Sensitive duplicate - created when some sort of spatial anomaly hit whatever ship Arai was on and duplicated her. We can't say how exactly this happened nor what specific kind of anomaly it was, but so far, Torrentus has been more or less dormant - she has so far not attacked anyone's interests, and in fact, seemed to have dropped off the galactic grid," Trask explained. "Admiral Arai, however, we have had several clashes with - so we know a considerable deal about her. She was once Tal Shiar, and was responsible for the destruction of Unity Starbase, a joint project between the Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets. However, her plans were unraveled when a Starfleet Officer - man by the name of Darion Heath, now a retired Admiral living on Sol III - beat her at her own game. Arai was arrested, tried for multiple attacks on Federation interests and theft of top-secret Federation technology, convicted, and sentenced to life in prison... only her prison transport never arrived. It was found adrift in space two weeks later, with Arai nowhere to be found. It was speculated that elements of the Tal Shiar that remained loyal to her - after most branded her a traitor for her failure - disabled the transport, killed the crew, and rescued Arai. But she was never found, and her file ceased to be a concern after the Hobus Disaster. She only resurfaced in the weeks following the death of the leader of the Tal Shiar, Colonel Hakeev - she took up the reins of the Tal Shiar, and has been a thorn in our side ever since; we know she was behind the eradication of the Borg, which she tried to use as a method of slandering the Dragon'taan Marauder Corps  by sending in Borg ships to stage an 'attack' and then sending in Tal Shiar ships to play hero."

Trask took a deep breath as he finished this explanation. "I'd be surprised if Arai isn't involved in this in some way," he stated. "She's always looking to break up the alliances of the galaxy, and the attack on the ISC Industrial sector sounds like something she'd do - but the Cameras on board that observatory caught Torrentus in the act of murdering our contact, and I can only speculate that she set the trap that sent that probe into the star; it was meant to wipe out anyone who came to investigate... which brings us back to the question, what is Torrentus up to, and to what end?"

Ray spoke, as he stood slowly and dusted himself. "A Force-user attacked our contact before we could get our information. Our user also had laid a trap in hopes of removing us. This is all I know." He sighed. "Had I more time, I may have extracted information from our slain contact." He glanced at the mustelid before continuing. "The machine gods would have blessed the contact and I  with a link, but I had no time."

Trask looked to Ray and raised an eyebrow. "Next time we come across a corpse and need information from it, remind me you can do that," he said. "That kind of thing would be handy."

Seconds after the reply from the Steel Avenger, the wolf emerged from the darkness of the small room and headed outside. The canine was in a fairly flat, secluded area, and figured landing would be easy. Setting down his duffel bag, the wolf withdrew a small smoke grenade from his side and pulled the pin. Tossing it before him, Victor watched as the grey smoke billowed up into the sky above him.

Assuming it would take a few minutes before he was found, the wolf gently lowered himself to the ground and rested on his back. Placing both his paws behind his head and crossing his legs, the canine nonchalantly waited for the drop ship. Reflecting the sight of the sky and smoke from his lenses, Victor simply relaxed and waited.

Victor wouldn't have to wait long; a drop ship could be seen heading his direction.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/8/85/H2A_Render_Phantom.png/revision/latest?cb=20150620052630

Rylou waited as the drop ship flew past out of the docking bay before entering. Seeing no welcoming party there he took the elevator to the bridge. "There's bound to be someone there."

While there was no "Welcoming Party", Rylou would see the ship full of mobile, sentient holograms of various races - none of whom seemed to pay him any mind. The turbolift would stop at one point, and the doors would part to allow a holographic Romulan to enter. He nodded to Rylou respectfully, and spoke, "Bridge." The turbolift resumed it's ascent, and the Romulan, not turning to face Rylou, asked, "The Marauder Corps bring you in on this op, too?"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2017, 12:41:51 AM »
"Perhaps i need to get a little more involved then." Krystal noted.

"So do we know if the motives of Arai's force sensitive clone are the same as her?" Nari asked

"Or that she even has the same thought patterns? Or in Lament terms same way of thinking. pretty much." Krystal added.

Serena's hologram popped up in the room. "I've analyzed blood samples and verified the light saber crystal type based on the color wavelengths." Serena noted, stopping there leaving the crew in suspense.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:51:51 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rylou

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2017, 06:30:35 AM »

"All we know of Darth Torrentus is that she is Admiral Arai's Force-Sensitive duplicate - created when some sort of spatial anomaly hit whatever ship Arai was on and duplicated her. We can't say how exactly this happened nor what specific kind of anomaly it was, but so far, Torrentus has been more or less dormant - she has so far not attacked anyone's interests, and in fact, seemed to have dropped off the galactic grid," Trask explained. "Admiral Arai, however, we have had several clashes with - so we know a considerable deal about her. She was once Tal Shiar, and was responsible for the destruction of Unity Starbase, a joint project between the Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets. However, her plans were unraveled when a Starfleet Officer - man by the name of Darion Heath, now a retired Admiral living on Sol III - beat her at her own game. Arai was arrested, tried for multiple attacks on Federation interests and theft of top-secret Federation technology, convicted, and sentenced to life in prison... only her prison transport never arrived. It was found adrift in space two weeks later, with Arai nowhere to be found. It was speculated that elements of the Tal Shiar that remained loyal to her - after most branded her a traitor for her failure - disabled the transport, killed the crew, and rescued Arai. But she was never found, and her file ceased to be a concern after the Hobus Disaster. She only resurfaced in the weeks following the death of the leader of the Tal Shiar, Colonel Hakeev - she took up the reins of the Tal Shiar, and has been a thorn in our side ever since; we know she was behind the eradication of the Borg, which she tried to use as a method of slandering the Dragon'taan Marauder Corps  by sending in Borg ships to stage an 'attack' and then sending in Tal Shiar ships to play hero."

Trask took a deep breath as he finished this explanation. "I'd be surprised if Arai isn't involved in this in some way," he stated. "She's always looking to break up the alliances of the galaxy, and the attack on the ISC Industrial sector sounds like something she'd do - but the Cameras on board that observatory caught Torrentus in the act of murdering our contact, and I can only speculate that she set the trap that sent that probe into the star; it was meant to wipe out anyone who came to investigate... which brings us back to the question, what is Torrentus up to, and to what end?"

Trask looked to Ray and raised an eyebrow. "Next time we come across a corpse and need information from it, remind me you can do that," he said. "That kind of thing would be handy."

Seconds after the reply from the Steel Avenger, the wolf emerged from the darkness of the small room and headed outside. The canine was in a fairly flat, secluded area, and figured landing would be easy. Setting down his duffel bag, the wolf withdrew a small smoke grenade from his side and pulled the pin. Tossing it before him, Victor watched as the grey smoke billowed up into the sky above him.

Assuming it would take a few minutes before he was found, the wolf gently lowered himself to the ground and rested on his back. Placing both his paws behind his head and crossing his legs, the canine nonchalantly waited for the drop ship. Reflecting the sight of the sky and smoke from his lenses, Victor simply relaxed and waited.

Victor wouldn't have to wait long; a drop ship could be seen heading his direction.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/8/85/H2A_Render_Phantom.png/revision/latest?cb=20150620052630

While there was no "Welcoming Party", Rylou would see the ship full of mobile, sentient holograms of various races - none of whom seemed to pay him any mind. The turbolift would stop at one point, and the doors would part to allow a holographic Romulan to enter. He nodded to Rylou respectfully, and spoke, "Bridge." The turbolift resumed it's ascent, and the Romulan, not turning to face Rylou, asked, "The Marauder Corps bring you in on this op, too?"
"You could say that, yeah. It was me who approached them for a job but yes, they provided it." He nodded to the hologram, knowing that it could very well be watching from any number of cameras.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
The doctor paced slowly back to the rest of the group. The display on his facemask showing a look of deep contemplation as he compiled everything he had heard about this person. What a story it was. This was something he would have to explore in greater depth once he had found this Admiral Arai and hopefully her duplicate. One or the other would probably suffice though.

There was a flicker across his facemask then after a few moments it shifted to an expression of careful consideration. "This is something very interesting. I agree that she is more likely than not involved. In that case we must also consider that she may be working with her duplicate." At this point, though. All that they could do is try to keep moving and push forward.