The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rabid  (Read 29037 times)

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
Re: Rabid
« Reply #720 on: February 08, 2018, 12:35:54 AM »
She followed, stopping to pat the soldier down and was rewarded with a few tucked away mags, she slid them into her pocket with the others and continued up the stairs, stopping at the edge of cover and cautiously poking her head and the barrel of the M16 out from the cover to sweep the room. She jerked back as the wall behind her was peppered in bullet holes and some chipped shrapnel rained down the stair way. She poked out again and a few bursts from her signaled the end of some stationed furs. She signaled for Blaine to follow as she slowly moved from cover to cover, still wary of other furs.

Kai nodded, "I know, me too. But, most of them have left... Who says Holly and Blaine get all the fun?" She asked in an adventurous tone. Picking up the shotgun she looked inquisitively to him.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #721 on: February 08, 2018, 02:27:57 AM »
"And that right there is why I love you," Tyler laughed in response, pulling the slide back on his M1911. He began walking to the ladder, stopping to give her a playful kiss on the cheek.

"You ready to go kill some slavers?" He asked, whispering to her with a mischievous smile.

Blaine nodded and followed, keeping down as suppressing fire tore up the walls above. After a few moments, the firing stopped as the soldiers reloaded their weapons.

"Keeping going, I'll fire back!" He yelled as he aimed his AR and let off a few rounds. His was met with another burst, clipping the bear's ear and grazing his cheek. "Ah, damn it that stings! Forget it!" Blaine cursed, returning to following the fox.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #722 on: February 08, 2018, 04:41:03 AM »
Holly laughed, "Yeah let's go hero." She said, running from cover to cover and taking a couple shots back at the furs. She clipped one's hip and heard a satisfying yell of pain. She gestured for Blaine to follow as she opened multiple doors looking for anybody or thing.

Kai nodded, following after him smiling. "Let's."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #723 on: February 11, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »
Blaine covered Holly as she swept through the rooms, firing at anything moving. Two soldiers barreled out of one room only to get dropped by a few bursts from Blaines' rifle.

"We almost done with this floor?" He yelled, firing another burst at a soldier storming the hallway. His body collapsed against the wall, hitting the floor with a dull thud. "Because I think he may have been the last one." The bear added, taking a final drag off his smoke before tossing it at a corpse.

Tyler opened the hatch, pulling himself up with one heave. He stopped, turned and crouched to help Kai out of the panic room.

"I know you can handle yourself but stay behind me, okay? At least if it gets heavy.." He whispered nervously, not unsure of himself but of the odds. Dodging death wasn't easy in this new world, especially when the living were trying to kill them along with the undead.

The shepherd quietly stepped up to the porch, checking through the back door's window. One was in the kitchen, while two others were out of view in the living room.

Opening the back door, Tyler took out the knife he retrieved from the prisoner and tip toed behind the first soldier. He pounced, covering the jaguar's mouth with one hand while the dog slit his throat with the other.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:41:34 AM by Blaiiine »

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: February 16, 2018, 08:52:35 PM »
Longboi's brother, Longboi2, enters the room and was revealed to be part of the army that the others were fighting. Longboi2 pulls out a grenade and releases the pin. He runs with the grenade towards Blaine and Holly. The grenade exploded and in that moment, Longboi2 knew he had avenged his brother and **censor** up. Everyone died as the blast killed MILLIONS and the R(I)P was ended.

((forgot my pass soz))

Get back in the /trash/can boi

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #725 on: February 20, 2018, 11:05:14 AM »
Holly nodded to Blaine, barely visible from the doorway she had poked her head out from. "Almost." She swiftly crouched to a nearby body and patted him down, finding a frag and a magazine for the body's now empty pistol. Picking it up she pulled out the empty mag and rammed the new one home, wishing she hadn't kept the shotgun. It was beginning to get crowded. She nodded and stood, taking the shotgun off and tossing it to the nearby torn up bed, littered with holes. "In case we need to beat a quick escape without weapons."

Kai silently slipped in beside Tyler, taking a position beside the door leading to the main room. She nodded to Tyler, gesturing at both men, then gesturing to the one closest to her and slitting her neck with her thumb. Her knife slid from an unknown pocket with only a slight rustle of fabric.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2018, 09:03:29 AM »
"Gotcha." Blaine said, standing by as she dumped the shotgun. Stepping back out into the cordite-scented hallway, he ran a bloody hand through his now raggedy mohawk which was so long it had now begun to limp over.

Taking a moment to check his facial wounds, the bear turned back to Holly and playfully punched her arm. "Alright man, it's the home stretch. Don't die on me, you prick." He said, laughing at the final statement.

Tyler nodded in agreement, quietly setting the dead guard's body down. He left the knife in the man's neck, opting to draw his pistol instead.

Grabbing a pillow nearby, Tyler kept it close to the end of his pistol. When Kai would attack the first guard, he planned to use the pillow to silence the gunshot to the second guard's head.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2018, 10:18:35 AM »
Kai wheeled and entered the room silent, making her way very fast to the nearest guard while the second was glancing the other way, she gripped him around his mouth and constricted his throat with the crook of her elbow, then slit his throat, with only the sound of light shuffling. The second was still turned, remarking on what a shame it was that the world was now in ruins, nothing left to rule.

Holly chuckled, "And you better not either. We got a dinner waiting for us hopefully, it would be rude to miss that!" She said with a joking tune and a slight grin. She checked the mag on her M16. Only a couple bullets, but she would be able to change it quickly under fire, She nodded to Blaine, "To the top?" She asked smiling.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #728 on: February 23, 2018, 12:34:55 AM »
Tyler lunged at the guard, wrestling the pillow against him. Once he had the shot, he took it and dropped the guard with a quiet hiss from the pistols' receiver.

"Okay, any more of these gimps?" Tyler asked rhetorically, crouching down to remove the dead guard's plate vest. It took a moment, but after a few curses the straps came undone.

Blaine smiled and nodded, following the fox up the stairwell. The surrounding gunshots began to grow quiet as the horde thinned in numbers.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #729 on: February 23, 2018, 09:18:10 AM »
Holly hurried to follow, soon passing Blaine. She wanted to be done with this as quick as possible before the remaining forces managed to realize the Army of Two making it's way to their leader. She swept her sight across the top of the stairwell, not seeing any guards yet.

Kai shrugged, keeping her knife loosely gripped in her hand. She lowered the body and patted it down as well, finding only a pistol, an extra mag and unstrapping his plate vest, which wasn't in the best condition but usable.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: February 23, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »
Blaine caught up to her, looking up at the buzzing fluorescent lights. One way led to a dead end, a window facing the side of an adjacent building. The other led to what appeared to be the offices of judges and council members of the town.

"This way." Blaine said, gesturing to his right. The sounds of an argument could be heard down the hallway, ending with a gun shot and thud. The bear sped his pace up, reaching what was labeled as the mayor's office. A militiamen, far better dressed than other grunts, laid half dead on the floor, clutching his chest in pain.

Farrow stood nearby, by the main bay windows. Smoke rolled from his nostrils as the tall and stocky bear took a drag from a cigar. "Company! Good, Joe, now you won't die alone.." Farrow remarked, as he rolled his sleeves up.

Blaine tossed his bag and rifle down, tearing the strap holding his bat apart. "So you two are the others. Too bad you didn't bring the other two. Would've made stringing that mutt of yours up easier." Farrow stated, looking to Holly as Blaine stood angrily by.

Tyler pulled the vest on, now easily able to work the straps. He checked over the pouches for ammunition but came up short. "Okay, I'd assume we're finally alone again." He said, counting the bodies before looking around the now almost destroyed home.

"Well, so much for home sweet home. Damn pricks." He growled, fixing the overturned couch. Sitting down, the dog sighed and leaned over to put his face in his hands.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: February 24, 2018, 12:05:01 AM »
Holly stepped in beside Blaine, a grave look on her face. She raised an eyebrow, her M16 still held loosely in her hands. A quick aim and pull of the trigger and it would be all over... Wouldn't it? Instead she didn't even bother to aim, a loud bang filling the air. Joe's head now had a new bullet hole. She popped the mag out and rammed the next in, never taking her eyes off Farrow. She then took a step back. She wasn't dumb enough to give up the advantage of having a ranged weapon, there was no point for honor when survival was on the edge.

Kai walked around the sofa to stand behind Tyler, Leaning over the couch she sighed. "At least this should be one of the last of these... Raids." She thought for a moment, silently and gently massaging Tyler's good shoulder and his neck. "We still have an entire neighbor hood of homes we can settle in."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #732 on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:34 AM »
"Wouldn't do that, sweetheart." Farrow said, having drawn his handgun as Holly dispatched Joe. He clicked back the hammer and aimed the barrel at her, taking another drag from his cigar. "You think I didn't find out where you were? Right now, my men are at your home. Looking for those two." He said with a dull tone, stepping closer to them.

Two guards approached them from behind, the sounds of their rifles' safeties going off echoed grimly. "Damn it. You think you can kill me...her," Blaine growled, pointing the bat to Holly, ", that easily? You're a god damned moron." He finished, Farrow laughing in response.

"I may be, but I'm not the one who's about to be eating his own friend." Farrow stated, before firing a round into the bear's leg. Blaine collapsed in pain, clutching his leg as blood poured out uncontrollably. The black bear cackled, distracted from Holly for the moment.

"I know. But don't you think this close to the bigger cities, we'd be more at risk for this kind of thing?" Tyler asked, leaning back and melting into the shoulder massage. He took his now half-crushed pack of cigarettes out and lit one, sighing as he blew out smoke.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #733 on: February 24, 2018, 01:08:11 AM »
Holly rushed forward, leaned down and barreling into Farrow, even though her frame was small there was still considerable power behind it. She wasn't aiming to knock him over but that would be a welcome side-affect. She was rather just using him as a break to get as close as possible, planting the barrel of the M16 right around his liver. A full mag would probably make it through any plate vest he may be wearing. If not it would be easy for her to trail it up to his exposed neck. "You shoot, I shoot. Even if you shot to kill I'd be able to take you with me." She said loud enough for the guards to hear.

Kai nodded, "Mayhaps we should move further into a rural area. But, then again, anybody with a brain would be doing the same." She looked down inquisitively towards him, waiting for a response.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #734 on: February 24, 2018, 02:42:31 AM »
The guards nodded, looking to each other uneasily for a moment. Lowering their rifles, Farrow growled at them. "Damn it, girl. You've pissed me off real bad this tim-" He yelled, laid on the floor, before two loud gunshots cut him off.

The guards collapsed to the floor, Blaine dropping the small pistol he kept in his waistband. "Just shoot the prick...already.." He groaned before passing out in a mixture of his and Joe's blood. His bat laid nearby, almost calling out to the fox.

Farrow looked up at Holly, smiling as even his dead white eye's gaze pierced through her. "Well? Isn't this what you wanted? Go ahead, little girl." He spit, leaving one to almost expect his words held real venom.

"It'd still be nice, up north. All the snow and trees, mountains. Hell, we could find a cabin or two." Tyler replied, looking up to catch her eyes with his own. "Those kids you were talking about would love it.." He added, the confidence in his voice almost faltering as he held one of her hands.