The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rabid  (Read 29252 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Rabid
« Reply #705 on: January 31, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
"I don't want this town. All I know I want is to kill this Farrow guy for what he did." Blaine retorted, keeping his pace behind her. "I didn't even want to lead this group but I have. Even if it got others killed." He added, huffing at the end.

"Nice, where up north?" Tyler asked, standing up to run a hand through his hair. The gunfire and sounds of destruction upstairs quieted down, but the trucks never started back up. "And I guess your friends aren't leaving until they find the other two? Bad decision." He added, brushing a bit of Kai's hair to the side. "If you're scared of her, imagine what her sister is like."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:15:20 AM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #706 on: February 01, 2018, 02:41:18 AM »
Holly nodded, "Understandable. But who knows what we'll run into up there. I want this guy dead just as much as you do. He threatens our lives. I can't have that." She said, gravely serious. "And besides, I doubt they would have lasted very long anyways. If any of us had led I'm sure more of us would be dead Blaine. You're doin' fine." A quiet groan emanated from somewhere behind them. Her ear twitched, she spun, a few twitches of her finger and an infected wolf fell from the brush, coming to a dead stop at her feet. Nudging it with her toe she then raised her foot, slamming it into it's skull. It was obviously dead now. She looked up at Blaine, "We should get going, more might be attracted to the shots."

Kai's grin widened, her face turning to an evil grin. "Aw, thank you darling."

The fur's eyes widened, "S-so this isn't the one we were warned about?" He shivered, still wincing due to his hand mostly missing. "S-somewhere up closer to Fresno." He sighed, "They were offering a loooot of money, especially the for women."
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #707 on: February 01, 2018, 08:09:59 AM »
"Thanks...honestly." Blaine replied, lighting another cigarette. He adjusted the straps on his pack and readied his rifle, noting the exit of the alley ahead. "So we got three or four more block 'til City Hall. You ready for that? They'll have heavy firepower up there." He asked, walking towards the gated exit.

"Honestly, bud. Thank you." Tyler said, quickly taking his handgun out and firing a round into the prisoner's head. "Sorry but that guy was really making my stomach turn." He said, turning to Kai. A few shouts, probably orders, were audible from the ceiling.

"You ready? Or should we wait for the other two?" Tyler asked, checking his clip.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #708 on: February 01, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »
Holly nodded, "Hell yes." She picked up the pace slightly, continuously sweeping her sight left to right.

Kai laughed, "Mine too."
"we should probably wait for the others, easier that way."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #709 on: February 01, 2018, 11:02:44 AM »
Blaine stopped at the exit, waiting a moment before opening it slowly. The road was littered with bodies of infected, bullet casings scattered around them. Farther up the road, another checkpoint was unmanned.

As the bear and fox walked down the road, a number of shots began to echo from the center of town. "Looks like they reached the base. That's good, they'll be distracted for a while." Blaine said, throwing his bandana to the ground along with the butt of his cigarette.

"Then I guess we have time to kill." Tyler said, laughing as the pun hit him. He looked around the panic room, noting a set of chairs and a table along with a built in wall bench.

Taking a seat at the bench, Tyler tossed the weapons he held on the ground and let out a tired groan. "All I wanted to do was sleep, dude. And now here we are." He sighed, gesturing to the messy room.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: February 01, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
Holly nodded, "Let's cause some mayhem," She checked the safety of the gun and the cartridge. Off and full.

Kai laughed at his first statement before joining Tyler on the bench. "Now would be the perfect time, Tyler. I'll wake you up when they show up, how's that?"
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: February 02, 2018, 12:37:56 AM »
"Sounds perfect." Tyler said, snuggling up next to Kai. He let out another tired sigh and drifted into sleep. His head drooped down onto her shoulder.

"Hold on now, let's sneak inside before we start shooting," Blaine replied, checking his rifle and pistol. Both were full, the rifle carrying hollowpoints and the pistol holding full metal jacket rounds.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #712 on: February 02, 2018, 12:47:39 AM »
Kai sighed, cupping his cheek with a soft hand. "Sleep well..." She looked up, listening to the shouting outside.

Holly nodded, crouching down and heading towards the town hall.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: February 02, 2018, 06:34:18 AM »
Blaine stopped at another alley entrance, opting to take it instead of the road. Sprinting through the muck, he stopped as the sound of a rocket whistled through the air before exploding on the side of the building.

"Holy hell!" The bear yelled as he braced himself from the vibrations. Regaining his composure, Blaine picked his pace back up and headed towards the exit.

The road in front of the town hall was a mess, groups of infected tearing their way into the building. Members of Farrow's militia could be seen in the windows and on the roof, wielding military weaponry and apparel. Across the road, on the side of the town hall, was a service entrance that was unguarded.

"We got our opening, should probably take it while those guys are busy." Blaine said to Holly as he stashed his pack in a nearby dumpster. He stuffed the pistol in his waistband and tied his bat to his belt.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: February 02, 2018, 08:57:31 AM »
"at this rate, they won't be for long." Holly said, prepping herself for a dash to the other side. "If they spot us, act like rabids." She said, "Better than being alive." She sighed, making sure her weapons were secure.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: February 02, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »
Blaine nodded, then dashed across the road first. He tripped a few feet from the door, but recovered in time to set up by the entrance. Gesturing to Holly, he shouldered his rifle and dropped two infected whose attention had been drawn.

The squads upstairs began setting up defenses, awaiting Blaine and Hollys' return. They didn't bother checking the panic room, assuming the others had tagged along with the two.

Tyler happily snored as Kai held his cheek, a small smile growing on his face. "Don't...leave.." He mumbled in his sleep, tail slowly wagging.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: February 03, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »
Holly sprinted across, rolling at the end to avoid stray bullets. She stood up next to him, dusting herself off. She had gotten a small cut in the process but otherwise fine. An infected came out of the brush near them, heading for Blaine. Holly barely noticed it, turning towards it as it jumped for Blaine.

Kai sighed, leaning back against the wall. She looked up, wondering if they were inside of the defenses.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: February 06, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
Blaine fired a few rounds into the leaping infected, leaving it a twitching mess on the floor. He froze up for a moment as he examined the scene around him, gunfire still erupting around them. Cordite was strong in the air, along with the smell of rapid decay.

Snapping back for a brief moment, the bear turned and kicked the side door in. The wood around the handle exploded, sprinkling chunks of splinters to the ground. "Alright, let's go!" He yelled, firing another few rounds at two militiamen outside. One took a round to the face while the other ducked to hide.

A loud FSSH followed by an echoing pop came from the roof, a red flare hanging high in the sky over town.

Two soldiers walked outside from the cliffside home, stopping their route to the garage in front of the manhole. One, an athletic jaguar, followed the other, a stocky buck with shaved antlers.

The buck took out a can of chewing tobacco, placing a dip in his lip before talking. "So, we have one dead in the garage but two missing. If the male survived that rifle round, that is." He finished, checking his bolt action rifle.

"Well, let's get searching around the perimeter.." The jaguar replied, before a flare appeared from the town over the horizon. "That's from town! Ah hell!" He exclaimed before following the buck inside.

"Sounds like somethings' wrong." Tyler sleepily whispered, having woken up to hear the echoing conversation from outside. He looked up to Kai, brushing a lock of her hair back, before sitting up to stretch.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: February 07, 2018, 04:48:54 AM »
Kai nodded, "Sounds like Holly and Blaine have started to go to town on them." She watched him while tucking the stray lock behind her ear and looking over to him.

Holly took a knee, firing three short bursts into the cover the fur was behind, hoping one of them would clip the fur. She then turned and followed Blaine in with her M16 sweeping the room. "Hey Blaine, you want the shotty?"
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: February 07, 2018, 10:31:44 AM »
"I hope so." Tyler said, being cut off by the sounds of trucks roaring alive. The sounds dissipated as the vehicles drove out the way they came.

Tyler hopped up and climbed the ladder, looking out of the manhole. One truck, a Toyota with a lift kit, was still parked outside the garage. Sounds of a few soldiers could be heard from inside the house. It sounded like they had made themselves at home.

Hopping back down, Tyler sighed as he locked the hatch back. "We still have company. I'm getting really tired of waiting, babe." He said, beginning to pace around the small room. His anxiety was rising, causing his ears and tail to twitch erratically.

"Nah, keep it for later!" Blaine replied, firing another volley of returning rounds before slamming the door shut. Quickly, he pulled a nearby bench in front of the door to barricade it.

"Okay, we're on the bottom floor. Three floors, that's a lot of ground to cover." The bear said aloud, speaking to himself as he mentally mapped out a game plan. Readjusting his rifle sling, he pulled out another cigarette and lit it up with a shaky hand.

"Alright killer, follow me." He said, shooting Holly a sarcastic finger gun as he finally regained his level. Jogging down the hall, Blaine stopped at a doorway to the stairs. Going up, they passed a few dead infected along with one unlucky soldier.